It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWO strange contrails/comets/whatever on Melbourne, 31 March 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Gerizo

Chadwickus is correct , it is a video of a contrail .
Here is another one for you

Actually that looks like space debris, or a small meteor because you can see it falling through the atmosphere in the video you posted. The video from Melbourne is not falling through the atmosphere, recheck the OP's video.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by skyjohn

Contrails DO NOT show up in the same part of the sky 2 consecutive nights in a row in the same general section of the sky. Deny ignorance, my friend.

Yes they do.

They're called flight paths....

In the EXACT same path with no variation at all? Right, and I also know what a flight plan is too but thanks for clarifying that fact for me.

If the planes are flying to the same destination every night then of course they'll be in the same location in the sky.

Planes don't fly around at random.
edit on 1-4-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

So the planet does not rotate everyday then? Change for weather or other flights? I never said that planes fly around at random, they fly in a flight path remember?

Dude, what the hell does the rotation of the planet have to do with plane flight paths?

If a plane is travelling from A-B every night it'll take the same route between those two locations.

And weather wont affect them because they're flying above the clouds.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

That video is showing a jet flying away from the person filming it.

Not falling.

Please understand the perspective of what you're looking at.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Contrails DO NOT show up in the same part of the sky 2 consecutive nights in a row in the same general section of the sky. Deny ignorance, my friend.

Yes they do.

In the EXACT same path with no variation at all? Right, and I also know what a flight plan is too but thanks for clarifying that fact for me.

If the planes are flying to the same destination every night then of course they'll be in the same location in the sky.

So the planet does not rotate everyday then? Change for weather or other flights? I never said that planes fly around at random, they fly in a flight path remember?

Dude, what the hell does the rotation of the planet have to do with plane flight paths?

If a plane is travelling from A-B every night it'll take the same route between those two locations.

You said the planes fly in "same destination every night then of course they'll be in the same location in the sky". So if the sky is moving because the planet is rotating then how would fly in the exact same spot? You wouldn't, that's my point and yes I know they fly above the weather when they can...what's your point?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Chadwickus is correct , it is a video of a contrail . Here is another one for you

I think Chad is right, but I disagree in regard to the 31/3 video because I cannot see there two "tails" but only one and a rather strange one at the right. Someone else suggested they could be clouds but I never saw in my life a cloud behaving like a meteor going in a straight direction.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yes they do.

You said the planes fly in "same destination every night then of course they'll be in the same location in the sky". So if the sky is moving because the planet is rotating then how would fly in the exact same spot? You wouldn't, that's my point and yes I know they fly above the weather when they can...what's your point?

Wow, just wow.
The amount of fail here is astonishing.

Here's a clue, the atmosphere rotates with the earth.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Gerizo

That video is showing a jet flying away from the person filming it.

Not falling.

Please understand the perspective of what you're looking at.

Actually you can see it dropping below the clouds so to me it looks like it is falling. You really can't make out 100% what it is because its so far away. Again, still waiting for your proof on the OP's video on how it is a contrail? Please understand my perspective and stop avoiding my question since you were so sure it was a contrail. Where is your proof?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Honestly Gerizo, the fact that Earth rotates does not affect at all flights routes. Just to give you an example, the flight HV6412 Naples (IT)/Amsterdam (NL) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at approx 18:00 will always be above Schiphol Airport and yes, on the same landing angle and path (unless troubles).

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yes they do.

Wow, just wow.
The amount of fail here is astonishing.

Here's a clue, the atmosphere rotates with the earth.

Dude, there is no fail here but by you. I gave you a very simple reason as to why it is impossible for the contrail to be in the exact same place in the sky, exact same horizon, multiple nights in a row. Stop looking so deeply into it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
reply to post by Gerizo

Honestly Gerizo, the fact that Earth rotates does not affect at all flights routes. Just to give you an example, the flight HV6412 Naples (IT)/Amsterdam (NL) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at approx 18:00 will always be above Schiphol Airport and yes, on the same landing angle and path (unless troubles).

Honestly, I gave a silly reason to prove a point on a comment that was made. I know that the earth rotation does not affect the flight routes, bottom line, it is not a contrail.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Gerizo I can't tell if you're trolling or just being really really stupid.

Either way i'm not going to keep wasting my time on you.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

And your reasons are very stupid. No other way to put it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think it does look like a contrail, but when I first saw the video, the first thing that came to my mind is that it looked like the red thing on NASA logos...

But, could it have been the trash the Japaneses sent burning from the ISS orbit?

www.universetoday.com...

SORRY!!! I read more posts of the thread, and if it appeared two nights in a row, I doubt it is contrails or the Japanese trash bin burning in re-entry...

It leaves the NASA logo still open, tho...

edit on 1-4-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Is someone seriously attempting to convince that those things are contrails ?

LOL !

Contrails ?

Gee --- those pesky contrails, huh ? They've taken over from 'weather balloons' as the One Size Fits All Explanation for anything in the sky, apparently. It's laughable. And I'm laughing at the notion that anyone would even try to pass those things off as 'contrails'

Hint : I'm not buying the silly contrail stuff

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I live 2 minutes from McCarran International airport (Las Vegas) which i would say is pretty busy all hours of the day and night and have yet to see anything like that.
Also always have jets and odd planes coming and going from Nellis Airforce Base (home of the stealth bomber) and still have not seen anything like that.
I do remember when they practice flew the stealth and people reporting something strange on an ongoing basis and the only reason they even came out with it is because one crashed in the mountains which soon after revealed the stealth and not a ufo. But still nothing like in the video.
And yes my friend (stationed at Nellis) and i tried to get as close to area 51 but only seen night flare operations and nothing strange.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by laslidealist
I live 2 minutes from McCarran International airport (Las Vegas) which i would say is pretty busy all hours of the day and night and have yet to see anything like that.
Also always have jets and odd planes coming and going from Nellis Airforce Base (home of the stealth bomber) and still have not seen anything like that.

I live in Georgia and have never seen a black bear. I have however seen them in pictures, labeled "Black Bear".

Just because you havn't seen it dosn't mean it isn't there. If this were the case, people who were unfortunate enough to be born BLIND would be walking around in some sort of ultra-white limbo.

Living in Georgia though, i have been witness to these contrails. So have many others.

To let you know it's OK to be wrong, CNN fell for the same thing over Atlanta a few months back after someone filmed one of these Contrails over Stone Mountain.

While i don't have time to look for and embed the video now, it's not hard to find.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
these are contrails, and i will prove it. But its already night now, will film a few tomorrow, if the weather lets me to.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
UFO entering earth's atmosphere ... and you can see it.

Watch this video ... UFO changing colors and Flashing.

For better viewing .. watch it in slow motion ...

Image from the video ... you have 5 light spots flashing.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Gerizo I can't tell if you're trolling or just being really really stupid.

Either way i'm not going to keep wasting my time on you.

Ok well since Ive been a member longer than you, Im not a troll.
Please dont insult me and i never asked you to waste anytime on me. Lose your girlfriend today? You seem a little grumpy.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
reply to post by Gerizo

And your reasons are very stupid. No other way to put it.

Well opinions are what make us human and you are entitled to yours. You are supposed to leave 2 comments on a response...btw My reasons? Perhaps you then would like to provide proof on how they are contrails? Since that is my original comment on this thread, sorry that you did not read the whole thread as to what was being discussed. I had to respond to few other people telling me how stupid I was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join