It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Lewis military base in Washington State-extremely active right now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I live 30 minutes away from Ft Lewis, and I have not heard activity like what is going on right now. There are some serious war games being executed, and have been going on for an hour. Its now 1:02am pacific...have to wonder if this is in prep for ground forces soon to be launched in Lybia?

Anyone near the base confirm what I'm hearing? It is so loud, and the low frequencies from the bombs being dropped is unlike I've iver heard at the base.

Just thought I'd let people know something abnormal is going on.
edit on 1-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What city do you live in? I'm on the Lacey side of Tenino and I don't hear much. I'm about to step outside for a smoke, I'll let you know if I hear anything peculiar. Thanks for posting, its good to have locals looking out. Star and Flag.

link   
I live in Puyallup and haven't heard anything. I normally do hear them when they shoot off shells. I'm just hearing a lot of train traffic tonight.

Your location says Seattle, that's about 30 miles north of me and much farther from Fort Lewis than me. If you are living down this way are you also hearing or seeing a lot of helicopters and planes over the fort?

link   
Get some video footage quick fast!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There would be much more mobilisation nation-wide than that if there was a planned invasion of Lybia. It would be pretty obvious, really.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
I live in Puyallup and haven't heard anything. I normally do hear them when they shoot off shells. I'm just hearing a lot of train traffic tonight.

Your location says Seattle, that's about 30 miles north of me and much farther from Fort Lewis than me. If you are living down this way are you also hearing or seeing a lot of helicopters and planes over the fort?

I'm on south hill! Its a tad closer to the base than downtown p-town, and the train traffic might be affecting the noise. Just a thought.

Ive been here ten years and cant remember ever hearing it like this.

To the other poster, I cant get video....there is nothing to see...ft lewis is HUGE. The most you could hope for is audio....and I don't have good enough audio equipment to pick up the low frequencies.

It IS shaking. Our walls and doors...bombs going off every 10 secs or so

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
There would be much more mobilisation nation-wide than that if there was a planned invasion of Lybia. It would be pretty obvious, really.

How "obvious" would be? Ft lewis is home to the stryker brigade.....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Go outside and have a peek

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
Go outside and have a peek

You can never see any of the war drills being executed as far as flashes and such. The base is absolutely enormous, and the light pollution from nearby Tacoma always interferes.

Still going at it very heavy....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Not downtown Puyallup, but closer to Fife and Milton. Yeah, you would hear it better being up the hill and closer. Now that the trains have stopped I'll go out back and have a listen. Let you know what I hear.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
All I hear is silence. But there is a disturbance in the force, I feel it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I live in South HIll and woke up about 15 minutes ago due to extremely deep loud exposions. They are going off every 5 to 15 seconds and are shaking my home. I've lived near the base my entire life and have never heard this before at this time of night. Usually it was the C17s taking off around 5-6am or so however this is new to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My husband was hearing it and when I checked outside it was quiet, but I just heard some. Crazy for them to do that at this hour.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucasrcole
I live in South HIll and woke up about 15 minutes ago due to extremely deep loud exposions. They are going off every 5 to 15 seconds and are shaking my home. I've lived near the base my entire life and have never heard this before at this time of night. Usually it was the C17s taking off around 5-6am or so however this is new to me.

I know...this is extremely abnormal. The pure ferocity is unlike any ive heard....anytime of day.

Thx for confirming I'm not going crazy from radiation....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well someone better make sure those explosions are from OUR bombs?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

hmmmmm well maybe just maybe Libya has launched a sneek attack on you ! Grab your B.O.B and run

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If a foriegn entity was barraging Washington state with explosive ordinance, fort lewis would not be at the top of the list. Think larger man. Mt. Rainier would be the place id blow up first.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Whatever it was I think they're done now. I'll ask a few folks from Stryker when I go into work today if they know whats up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well there was a stealth bomber seen flying low over LA yesterday:

bombs away...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucasrcole
Whatever it was I think they're done now. I'll ask a few folks from Stryker when I go into work today if they know whats up.

Sounds like it....although they are known for taking 20 min breaks to regroup. Hope they are done. Would love to know what Stryker peeps have to say. Keep us posted!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join