It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK torys and Brussels wanting to force cloned meat and milk on the public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Cloned meat betrayal: Unlabelled dairy and beef products to go on sale here after OUR minister sabotages Europe's call for a ban

A campaign to put controls on cloned meat and milk was killed off yesterday by the UK Government and Brussels.

The move signals the start of a free-for-all in ‘Frankenfood’ – despite claims the technology is cruel and unethical.

Shoppers will be left in the dark because products from the offspring of cloned animals will not require special labels. One MEP warned supermarkets could soon be flooded with their milk.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.europarl.europa.eu...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

this is totaly out of order there is no way if i had the choice that i would buy cloned anyting

but it does not look like we are going to get that choice here in the uk

i hope there is a big out cry about this

heres another link

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 1-4-2011 by digby888 because: new link

edit on 1-4-2011 by digby888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Is it really going to be that bad to have a bit of consistency to your beef?

You don't hear all the Pot smokers of the world complaining about smoking cloned plants - sometimes consistency can be a good thing.

I mean sure, its a horrible thing to have your local politician lie to you and change their agenda, but this is a regular occurring theme with politicians, can it be surprising?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This brings to mind thoughts of soylent green, the movie...

If no labeling is needed they could put anything in products..

If they are unethical enough to do what they already plan, do you think they would give themselves any limits?

Scary...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Citing the Daily Fail? Seriously? This rag is on par with the Enquirer and Alex Jones. It's only purpose is to keep the British middle class in brown pants and bicycle clips mode, or, whip them up to a frothing at the mouth lynch mob.

If you were to belive 10% of the crap they print, we would all have died a 100 times over by now, and you wouldn't be able to swing a cat for all the illegal immigrants overrunning the country. Not to mention all the paedophiles that are apparently hiding in every bush, hedgerow and dustbin in Britain just waiting to snach your kids if you let them out of the house.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I live in Belgium, and did not here this before... Could it be a april joke?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I #ing hate this people.

I am going to set fire to one of these farms one day. You will see.

Its the only thing we can do, the only option they give us.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm in Belgium aswell and this story is partly true.
However, they did not agree on selling cloned food, they simply haven't been able to reach a conclusion on this topic. So far there are no laws concerning using cloned animals for meat and there hasn't been one EU country who has asked for a law or is using cloned meat.
BUT, it is the statement of the EP that there must come a law AGAINST cloning animals and using their meat in our food production. They are against it, NOT for it.

Here's a link to the english version of the official article on the EU press website
www.europarl.europa.eu... ducts

and here is the original, longer one, in dutch (use translator if you have to)
www.europarl.europa.eu...

read the links,
Brussels has always been against this.
edit on 1/4/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join