It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your goals in life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A human being is not just about what we look like or what we can do. If this is how we define human beings, we would all in big trouble, because everyone looks different, and we all have different skills and abilities. What makes us human is our "end" or "goal."

The ancient Greek philosophers noticed that all living creatures are designed to pursue a certain goal. Every species has a different goal. They called this goal "telos" which means "end." They taught us that, if you can discover what something's telos (final goal) is, then you will know what that creature is. For example, the goal of an acorn is "oak tree." It's the goal of "oak tree" which causes the acorn to grow and change the way it does. Acorns already have "oak tree" written within their nature. That's what they are, only in a very young stage. In the same way, if we can discover the "end" or "goal" of the human being, we will know what the human being is.

So many questions yet to be answered.

So.....What are your goals in life? What is the goal for human life? Will we ever disscover "this" goal? What will the advantages and disadvantages be?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
My life goals are:

Live the rest of my life happily.
Have a lovable family.
Be successful.
Help others in need.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Die in my sleep.

Or at least when I'm alone so I don't hurt anyone else.

Ahhh the life of a bum.... it's so desirable huh..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Very true, sadly.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
To die before I end up looking like the people who had endured the atrocities of the concentration camps of Auschwitz.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
So I have been thinking latley about an anaology for life that deals with color. Simply put it is this:

When we are born we start as vibrant hues of innocents like red or blue or green. As we go through our lives we are splatterd with light and dark (Black and White). Through our life's experience and our choices, in the end we all end up some shade of gray.

My goal in life is to end up as light as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
When I die if I had made just one persons life a little better, mission accomplished

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
/me dies in his sleep, his post goes unnoticed.. his memory of even being is lost to the faintest memories, he becomes the ... wind...

*wooooooshhhhh*

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My goal in life?Hummm, If I wake up in the morning and Im able to put two feet on the ground God bless.Question is, why should I waste my precious time here on earth trying to obtain a personal goal? What significance would that be?
Good question though. Made me think!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My goal is to simply help those in need.

top topics

join