It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Large groups of Arab men STILL crossing AZ border

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by dgtempe
I do not work for the government, thank God. I do live and work here and cross the border on occasion for diversity. Im sorry that I cant help your fears by telling you the borders are crawling with ME's-
I DO however, listen to local news, radio etc., and have never heard of this "latest threat" locally. On the other hand, I DO see Mexicans coming across all the time. Speaking Spanish- I can most definately tell the difference between the two.

My point is, you can beleive what your news sources tell you or get the low-down from locals like me. Of course, I lie and the government doesnt (:lol

I believe you that there is not a MASS exodus if ME men into our state, but locals HAVE reported groups of arabic speaking men on their land. And unlike the Mexicans you may see crossing on foot most often, if terrorists were to come across, they would likely have the money to pay coyotes, who you and I both know would be happy to bring em across, wouldn't you agree?

[edit on 19-8-2004 by 27jd]

Well, nothing is impossible, however, the powers that be would love to shake us up into believing all sorts of tales of would-be terrorists, this would strengthen their position. Ill stick to there not being any and I'll believe it when i see it.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Really? Well if you don't see them, I guess none of this is true. I wasn't aware you were on the job. We can rest assured that since you work near the border, and must have very keen eyesight because it's a pretty big border, that you've got it under control. And the reports of groups of arab men being detained are false. Do you work for the border patrol? Do you often see large groups of mexicans crossing, and if so do you ask them their nationality? Or is that not really happening either? I'm not supporting fear mongering, but we must cover all our bases, and this base is FAR from covered.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by 27jd]
I do not work for the government, thank God. I do live and work here and cross the border on occasion for diversity. Im sorry that I cant help your fears by telling you the borders are crawling with ME's-
I DO however, listen to local news, radio etc., and have never heard of this "latest threat" locally. On the other hand, I DO see Mexicans coming across all the time. Speaking Spanish- I can most definately tell the difference between the two.

My point is, you can beleive what your news sources tell you or get the low-down from locals like me. Of course, I lie and the government doesnt (:lol

My link was from the local Arizona ABC news affiliate in Phoenix. I am not stating that this is absolute truth, but it was a news story on Phoenix television as well as the Associated Press. And, I am a local myself. I not into fear-mongering, but I do try to report what the local news is saying. Then, we can all make up our own minds whether to consider this a threat or not.
joey

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It might be good for us to remember that the people we are worried about are not a farm family coming across to find work. Although this is also a source of concern.

The people we are most worried about are terrorists coming into the country on a mission to cause pain and suffering. Such a terrorist would have trained for months or even years on just exactly how to cross the border unseen. How to melt into the local population. How to pass through our society leaving the least amount of tracks possible.

An untrained observer would have very little chance of even seeing them. I am not trying to say that this is happening today or on a daily basis, but if it were, we most likely wouldn't know until it was way to late.

It is impossible, I feel, to completely secure any of our borders. If, somehow, we managed to secure our land border with the USofM, there is ten times the amount of coastline with no security whatsoever.

Having to take to the oceans might deter a farmer or other migrant worker, but I assure you it would not pose a problem at all to a well funded terrorist.

Still, I feel that securing our land border is something that must be done. If for no other reason than it would let us concentrate on other areas of vulnerability. It would (will) be very expensive, and likely never completely finished. We all are familiar with how easily our 'elected' officials change track at the drop of a hat. But it is something we must do for what little peace of mind it will give us.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am relatively sure this is true, TUT

August 18, 2004
By Michael Marizco
ARIZONA DAILY STAR

A borderwide alert has been issued for a suspected al-Qaida member who U.S. investigators believe may try to cross the border through Arizona or Texas, officials said Tuesday.

Adnan G. El Shukrijumah, 29, a Saudi, is suspected of being an al-Qaida cell leader and has been wanted by the United States since 2003. The latest information places him in Honduras with the intent of crossing the U.S.-Mexican border, said Art Werge, a spokesman for the FBI's El Paso office.

"We certainly don't want him crossing into the United States because his plan is to conduct terror operations," Werge said, describing El Shukrijumah as one of the more significant cell leaders not in custody. El Shukrijumah has not been charged in the United States with any crimes.

www.dailystar.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is also the story of the Pakistani woman carrying the South African passprt who was found in Texas.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Al-Qaida Suspect Arrested in Texas with South African Passport

She had flown into Mexico City, and then waded across the Rio Grande into Texas.
Border security is not just for Arizona.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I refuse to buy into the fake stories . If you believe this, then you must also believe the borders are also full of Japanese/Chinese, which is a story that's been around for awhile also.

This government would have you believe all this stuff to serve as their backdrop to terrorism.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
dgtempe...
Your opinion is noted. I'm sorry if you feel the government is against you, and that they are consipiring against us, and respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ok. Where's the proof?

Are there pictures?
Are there any sightings of these people that are verifiable thru non-govermental sources? The media is totaly controlled by the government.
I do like to have an open mind, and it IS possible these people are crossing the border, and that they are terrorists- When you cry wolf long enough and have policies hated the world over, yes, it is possible.

I do not trust the media sources however. They dont work for us. They work for the government. Do you disagree?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I do not trust the media sources however. They dont work for us. They work for the government. Do you disagree?

Yes I disagree! I find it even more preposterious that the Tombstone Tumbleweed would be the government lackey that you are making them out to be!

The quote/un-quote liberal media certainly would not be creating the type of hype that would help a republican president as you are accusing them of.

If you are close to the border, then go look for yourself! Go talk to the ranchers in Sierra Vista, and Douglas.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I fully agree about the media. But surely you remember the "Phoenix memo" , when the FBI agent here in Phoenix sent a memo voicing concern over suspicious individuals attending flight schools here and nobody listened, if someone had demanded proof that their intentions were ill, they likely wouldn't have gotten it until the morning of September 11. I know the government is using fear as a tool to gain support for their agenda, and that is wrong, but I do not think the threat of terrorism is a big lie. And if I were a terrorist trying to enter the US undetected, the Mexican border would be my first choice. Not to mention it should be secured anyway, nobody should be permitted to disregard our laws, not Mexicans, or any other nationality.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Yes I disagree! I find it even more preposterious that the Tombstone Tumbleweed would be the government lackey that you are making them out to be!

The quote/un-quote liberal media certainly would not be creating the type of hype that would help a republican president as you are accusing them of.

If you are close to the border, then go look for yourself! Go talk to the ranchers in Sierra Vista, and Douglas.
I should rephrase this and say that the media is MANEUVERED by the government. They, be they liberal or not, cannot say what the government does not want them to say.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well since you put it that way... It's much harder to disagree with that. We all know that the Bush admin will not reveal/leak what they don't want out.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yeah, we all know to take whatever the media says with a large grain of salt!

But this is such a plausible scenario (terrorists entering the US over an unguarded border) I don't feel we can take a chance. However large, hard, and expensive it may be we have to secure all the borders we can.

It's just gonna take a lot of imagination and time to figure out how.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
NEWS ALERT..... Large groups of fat americans still pissing of the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hee Hee...Well, they must be dangerous. Have you tried diet pills?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Don't you fear al-Qaida could launch an attack from south of your border?

MONTERREY, Mexico - Governments throughout Mexico and Central America are on alert as evidence grows that al-Qaida members are traveling in the region and looking for recruits to carry out attacks in Latin America � the potential last frontier for international terrorism.

The territory could be a perfect staging ground for Osama bin Laden's militants, with homegrown rebel groups, drug and people smugglers, and corrupt governments.

AP: Latin America on Alert for Terror

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Oh, i fear, I fear. And when and If it happens, it will be this government's fault for not protecting the border.
Lets check out little old ladies going aboard flights from Phoenix to Boston and lets scan faces, and lets profile fat people, because if they overeat, why, they're likely to be terrorists.
BUT LETS NOT PROTECT THE BORDERS LIKE WE SHOULD. No, that would make too much sense, and besides, if we want to keep the terror alert alive
we should make the borders porous enough so as to be able to cry wolf at least once a week. yea, thats the ticket!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Did you read the link?

There are Governments throughout Mexico and Central America on alert

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Oh, i fear, I fear. And when and If it happens, it will be this government's fault for not protecting the border.
Lets check out little old ladies going aboard flights from Phoenix to Boston and lets scan faces, and lets profile fat people, because if they overeat, why, they're likely to be terrorists.
BUT LETS NOT PROTECT THE BORDERS LIKE WE SHOULD. No, that would make too much sense, and besides, if we want to keep the terror alert alive
we should make the borders porous enough so as to be able to cry wolf at least once a week. yea, thats the ticket!

What position on earth are you taking?
First you state that you work near the borders and that you haven't personally witnessed it, so it must not be happening.
Then you want to claim that the gov. is purposefully leaving the borders open so it can happen. And in the very same breath you say we should protect our borders!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join