It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Jokes About Not Deserving Nobel Prize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Some may have considered it being honest..

Like the Sean Hannity parrots round here would have saw it that way. They would have harped on it like they do every decision he makes.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

hmmm, since when is modesty and humor a bad thing?

Maybe you just don't like Obama and will respond accordingly no matter what he does...

Lighten up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Like the Sean Hannity parrots round here would have saw it that way. They would have harped on it like they do every decision he makes.

The truth is the truth..
He didn't deserve it or earn it..
A bigger man would have admitted that, taken the flak and moved on..

Would have earned more respect from me if he did..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Gotta say, I think he is truthful.

Yes, this is the American pres - and I am in NZ - so I don't know.

But this man, I believe him.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

No it wouldn't, don't lie.

You would have parroted whatever Hannity or Limbaugh told you to say.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No it wouldn't, don't lie.

You would have parroted whatever Hannity or Limbaugh told you to say.

Don't be a fool and pretend to know how I think..
I'm not in the US..
I see BS for what it is..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So...he's honest about being dishonest...well...at least he's honest.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I find it funny everyone in here is getting their panties in a twist over this.

Im no obama supporter. I didnt vote for him or bush.
But this shows me some HUMILITY! Could you imagine if obama had turned down the nobel prize? You guys probly would of been in here complaining about that too! this wasnt really a joke as he didnt seem to laugh to hard about it. Id much rather hear obama say he doesnt deserve than cockily say he definitely deserved it.

ITT: obama haters who will complain about ANYTHING obama does.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You all do know it wasn't his choice to win the Nobel Peace Prize right?

It's like you are blaming him for something he had no control over.

No, obama could have shown, spine, insight, and vision by saying, "I appreciate the honor, but come back to me with this after I've actually earned it".

If he had done that, everyone would have been stunned - in a positive way - and many of us would still be.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

The truth is the truth..
He didn't deserve it or earn it..
A bigger man would have admitted that, taken the flak and moved on..

As I've said on other threads, obama seems to love the trappings of being president - the trips, the parties, the photo ops, and the awards. But when there is real presidential work to be done, you can't find obama - until a snap poll shows him that people are angry and then obama shows up with a teleprompter speech to blame whatever it is on Bush or someone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
I find it funny everyone in here is getting their panties in a twist over this.

But, saying this:

Im no obama supporter. I didnt vote for him or bush.

doesn't really go along with also saying this:

ITT: obama haters who will complain about ANYTHING obama does.

No, looks more and more like people that once publicly supported obama are now pretending not to.

A spineless president with spineless "supporters".

Great. Just what this country needs.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

See, people that once supported him, and don't now, have done so because of the things he has done in office. They aren't spineless, they are people that have chosen for themselves what to support.

There are people that have loathed, detested, hated, this man since the second he was elected into office. Nothing will change their minds about him, no matter what he does, in fact, if all of his policies suddenly reflected those people's policies that despise him, they would still despise him and make excuses why those policies are now bad.

The proof of this is the No Fly Zone over Libya. Before Obama was for it, Conservatives were all for it, but the second that Obama went for it, they turned tail like (spineless) supporters of the idea, just to be against him.

The same would be true for the Peace prize, if Obama turned it down, his detractors would be all over him for slapping the international community in the face and they would be bitching about that. They wouldn't respect him for it, they never had respect for him ever, why would they change their tune?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i agree with centurion its pretty spineless to accept something you didnt earn cause your afraid of hurting someones feelings.

but what do you expect from obama or anyone on the left take awards and take credit for the work of others.

and when it comes to the nobel peace prize the award is given to those who made a lifetime commitment towards peace that doesn;t mean get an award and go bomb the hell out of another country or the continuation of two wars and starting a third and it didnt mean saying your going to close gitmo and never do and it.

but what do you expect meh

i got an award for him being the worst president in us history.

edit on 1-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
He amazes me as i have never seen a president make a mockery out of himself and have most if not all backers leave him like a case of measles in the short amount of time that he has been Potus. Bush was the joker and this azz hat is the epitome of ignorance

Or better yet, someone better fire the script writer on his telepromters

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

See, people that once supported him, and don't now, have done so because of the things he has done in office. They aren't spineless, they are people that have chosen for themselves what to support.

The obama supporters I'm calling "spineless" are the ones that now say they don't support him, but still do. They're just afraid to admit it now in public. If you support someone, have the cojones to say it. Same if you don't support someone, or something. Don't go run and hide if the going gets rough.

I was also referring to how support for obama has all but disappeared here on ATS compared to during the campaign and election. There are still a few die-hards and perhaps some people doing it "because they have to" supporting obama. But, by and large, looks to me like the majority of previous supporters have woken up to find out that they don't recognize the candidate they jumped in bed with (excuse the metaphor
) - at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The proof of this is the No Fly Zone over Libya. Before Obama was for it, Conservatives were all for it, but the second that Obama went for it, they turned tail like (spineless) supporters of the idea, just to be against him.

When you say this, you are missing the longer view of how obama and his administration operate.

There is no thinking or planning ahead. It's all about reacting to public opinion polls. I also gave the BP example on another thread, where obama was basically non-existent on the oil spill .... until polls and some celebrities publicly asked him why he wasn't doing anything and why he wasn't angry about what happened. Several days later there was a press release saying that obama was "mad as hell". Same thing is happening with all these middle east revolts. Obama get's chastised for not saying anything about Egypt, so responds later with Mubarak has to go. In Libya - aka officially obama's war (because he can't blame Bush) - people were getting angry because there was no word from obama on what should be done. A few days later we're shooting missiles and dropping bombs - after Gates and Clinton said we wouldn't be.

It's all about sticking a wet finger in the air to judge the wind direction for obama. And as the wind quickly changes direction, so does obama based on the PR he's receiving.

So, it isn't that obama went for a NFZ, it was that it took negative public opinion to make him do it, and then do it obviously without a plan on where to go with it. Shooting a few missiles at Gaddafi and then walking away is no different than when Bill Clinton opted to shoot a few at Osama - and just as unproductive. the end result is leaving one PO'd SOB still in charge with the will and means to get revenge.

Then there's the totally obvious (to most) BS about turning the operation over to NATO. Earth to anyone falling for that: The U.S. runs NATO and there wouldn't be a NATO without the U.S. That means Libya is still a U.S. military operation with a few other countries helping out.

Smoke and mirrors, my friend. smoke and mirrors.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree. I was shocked that they even offered it to him. What was it that they gained by it? It was decided way too quickly.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Didn't he just win the Nobel Peace Prize so he could make his speech about intervening in other countries business to keep the 'peace'?

And one year later, there was an uprising in the middle east.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

HaHa good jab mate, although extremely unfounded. I have never been a supporter of barack obama, or george bush. You can even go back and check my posts. Unlike you, I have evolved past the left/right paradigm.

and my statements did make sense. You guys are obama haters, as in you come up with every stupid little thing to complain about "the other side". THIS IS A NON ISSUE. THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BRING UP.

THANKS.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

When you say this, you are missing the longer view of how obama and his administration operate.

There is no thinking or planning ahead. It's all about reacting to public opinion polls. I also gave the BP example on another thread, where obama was basically non-existent on the oil spill .... until polls and some celebrities publicly asked him why he wasn't doing anything and why he wasn't angry about what happened. Several days later there was a press release saying that obama was "mad as hell".

Same thing is happening with all these middle east revolts. Obama get's chastised for not saying anything about Egypt, so responds later with Mubarak has to go. In Libya - aka officially obama's war (because he can't blame Bush) - people were getting angry because there was no word from obama on what should be done. A few days later we're shooting missiles and dropping bombs - after Gates and Clinton said we wouldn't be.

So basically what you're saying is that he does what the majority of people think should be done.

Hmm........almost refreshing to have somebody in public office do what the majority of the public thinks should be done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join