It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LaGuardia Incident, You be the Judge.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
First it was anthrax and test postive as it. Then it wasn't then it was talcum powder, which made some 10 people ill and caused a screener to get a rash on his hands... Last I remember Talcum powder soothed your skin, now it's cream of wheat ( I dont know about you but I carry cream of wheat in a "cylinder" every where I go) Oh and She was an Israeli, then became Texan all of the sudden and CNN removed it from their website.

a few links, please read them all, if you havent already.

www.nypost.com...

www.capitalnews9.com...

The central terminal of LaGuardia Airport was evacuated. It happened Friday when a gas mask and white powder were found in an Israeli woman's bag. She was traveling from Israel to Texas. The first test came up positive for anthrax, but a second test proved negative.

www.wstm.com...

This seems to be the same story which was initially reported, then removed, on CNN. This version says the powder was harmless, but fails to say why the screeners still had to be decontaminated. Note that in this version of the story, the powder was found in a checked bag and the woman was on the plane before she could be questioned.

Yahoo removed their story about 10 people being made ill. I shall still provide the link they had.

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030321/ts_nm/attack_laguardia_dclaguardiapowderharmless.htm

www.sabcnews.com...

So how did she escape arrest and get on the plane to Texas?

www.signonsandiego.com...

Again the report that the powder was found in the woman's handbag, so why wasn't the woman detained?

www.nynewsday.com...

Screener developed rash on hands after handling.

www.wnbc.com...

suspicous vial found

www.boston.com...:.shtml

Vial found, OK but screeners decontaminated

www.kacbtv.com...

Strange mutation, the woman originally identified as Israeli, is now a Texan!

www.txcn.com...

This report tries to claim that the 9 inch cylinder of powder was just a vial of talcum. Now, talcum is a pretty well known substance, and the containers it is sold in are clearly marked and are usually described in words like "bottle" or "can", whereas this item is described as a "cylinder", a very unusual word to use for a common household product package. Left unexplained is why ten screeners became sick from Talcum, why talcum would cause a rash on the hand of the man who opened it, and why the people had to be decontaminated for talcum.

What do YOU think the truth is?

Would the media ever lie to you?

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've notcied some how someof the links have spaces in them that appeared after i posted them.. you may have to copy and paste them into your browser, I am very sorry, I don't know how this happend.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You can use the BB code though... Or copy and paste, then remove the spaces...

Interesting, I'll have to check into this story...thanks!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Based on what's being reported as well as the missing web pages it's too vague to draw any conclusion. However, IF the web pages you say did report what you said, then something fishy indeed is happening. Some statements don't seem to add up, such as the lady saying it must have been cream of wheat cereal that spilled out conveniently into a small vial. Doesn�t make sense to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here in NYC, the NY1 news channel (think CNN, but devoted to NYC) reported that the decontamination occured as a precaution before the "substance" was identified.

They interviewed a pretty pissed-off airport official who was obviously irked at the over-the-top response of the federal security officials.

I only remember NY1 reporting the "substance" as a harmless everyday item... nothing specific, and that security proceedures are being reviewed.

No big deal.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We have a cream of wheat shortage here in texas, she must've been importing it from Israel, the chief exporter of Cream of Wheat :p

I myself don't know what to believe, I find it all a bit fishy.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I find it all a bit fishy.

?

Why?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The rash on the mans hand...

How did it go from talcum powder to cream of wheat?
next to her gas mask...

Originally tested positive for anthrax...

in a vial/cylinder...

Cream of Wheat comes in box with a happy looking black guy on it, to my knowledge.

CNN removing the story from their site....

This is a conspiracy site/forum after all no?

Yahoo even removed their story of the guy getting a rash. I did view the story before it was removed...

Still I don't believe everything I see/read

I find myself in the middle I could go either way and I see both sides of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
btw, talcum powder and cream of wheat arent very much a like.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
yeah, I've read some of the articles, that first stated initial reports were anthrax, and a following report rendered it inconclusive. I dont know what to think. I dont like the fact the the story's are being changed. Make up their damn minds. I'm sorry, but ten people dont get sick from talcum powder. Perhaps ONE might have an alergic reaction, however, ten is a high number for it to be chance.
And as to the gas mask and 9 inch tube is DEFINITELY fishy by any circumstances.

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
William, no offense meant here, but did you read and go through Lysergic's entire post with all the links?

I don't understand why civilians are left in the dark about certain matters. Why the hell do news outlets post stories and take them down?

This world sucks.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Would the Media ever lie to YOU?

I seriously question them.

edit: too much expresso makes the ADHD go into over drive!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
News outlets will indeed remove stories when error is discovered.

No one got sick over this.

A gas mask is not fishy these days.

Doubting everything you hear will lead to paranoia... use common sense... anyone attempting to smuggle anthrax will not put it in luggage subject to x-ray screening and hand searches, next to an obvious gas mask. They'll put it in a real cream-of-wheat box in their carry-on luggage.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Believe everything you are told, and never question why.

Just as history isnt always written as it actually happened, it is written by the victor.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Could it be that Israel is somehow involved in anthrax attacks on US soil ?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Talk about cutting off the hand that feeds you....
Last I checked, there weren't any "Palestinian" passports...not everyone who lives in Isreal is an Isreali...
Could be wrong though...would be curious...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What really happened?

Powder and gasmask found in luggage but Israeli woman not detained, allowed to board plane to Texas. The Texas FBI won't return calls asking if the woman has actually been interviewed. The powder tests positive for anthrax, then is declared to be harmless, but ten people become sick and are treated, plus the screeners (one of whom gets a rash on his hands) are decontaminated. Why do I get the feeling that a staged terror attack to blame on Iraq just fell apart?

More to the point, how many other Israelis are now inside the US with 9 inch cylinders of "harmless powder" and gas masks?

WHATREALLYHAPPENED.COM EDITOR'S NOTE: * The local copies of these articles have been saved because of the lesson learned from Carl Cameron's news story of the Israeli Spy Ring and the existance of evidence, classified by the US Government, linking the arrested spies to 9-11. That story was yanked from the Fox News servers almost immediately. So, while the original URLs are linked above, there are also local copies to deter changes and erasures.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Could it be that they just tried to hush it up to keep from spreading fear after a weekend of the news only reporting casualties instead of the successes....hmm???

I wouldn't rely on that site for much, but it does warrant some investigating....

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
as for the site itself. If you read the interview with the guy who runs the site he claims it get's more or as much traffic as Newsweek online does a month. So I'd say he does have some credibility

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
whatreallyhappened.com Alexa rating

you can also compare to it other sites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join