It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Personality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I haven't quite figured out what he believes honestly, he has alot of barriers... It seems many people can't respond to him because of the manner in which he expresses himself... no offence intended towards him of course i, i rather enjoy the way he speaks...

edit on 2-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You wrote:

["I am starting to wish I was on the opposite fence to bogomil because I know I would enjoy a good sparring with him, but alas, his views are too closely aligned to my own, and where they digress, he is rather more accommodating than usual."]

We do seem to agree on most, but evern if we didn't I wouldn't want to oppose you, as I know I would 'loose' any argument with you. But please don't tell anybody, people might believe, that I'm getting soft.

Quote: ["There does seem to be a scarcity of healthy and meaty debates of late in these philosophy forums. Well, maybe it is just a cycle, and we'll be faced with more debates than we can handle in the near future."]

Maybe there'll be 100 debate-trainees here tomorrow, all with 'absolutes'. Trying to make up in quantity, what wasn't possible in quality contexts.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I haven't quite figured out what he believes honestly, he has alot of barriers... It seems many people can't respond to him because of the manner in which he expresses himself... no offence intended towards him of course i, i rather enjoy the way he speaks...

You wrote:

["I haven't quite figured out what he believes honestly"]

Try a basis of 'relative realities' and 'approximate truths' for a starter. Without even THINKING about me as wishy-washy new-age'y.

Quote: ["he has alot of barriers"]

I will allow myself the luxury of consider myself funny with this answer: "No, I'm just glib".

Quote: ["It seems many people can't respond to him because of the manner in which he expresses himself..."]

The knack is to be endlessly insinuating in a rational way, without ever actually transgressing forum-ethics. And then by being rather immune to 'absolute' arguments and character defamation. But I do hope, that something more serious occasionally gets through. I prefer real communication, instead of black/white babblings.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

The knack is to be endlessly insinuating in a rational way, without ever actually transgressing forum-ethics. And then by being rather immune to 'absolute' arguments and character defamation. But I do hope, that something more serious occasionally gets through. I prefer real communication, instead of black/white babblings.

Is that a complement?

i'll take it as such...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It is a compliment, but may I suggest, that we don't continue with personal chatting (also no offence, I enjoy it).

There's a risk of derailing the whole thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by Akragon

It is a compliment, but may I suggest, that we don't continue with personal chatting (also no offence, I enjoy it).

Answer page 3 on that jesus thread then damnit!!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I seem to remember, that you told me it was no hurry. We have both been spreading ourselves thin today, so I never got around to it...but manyana.

I saw the LOL. No worries, mate.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I seem to remember, that you told me it was no hurry. We have both been spreading ourselves thin today, so I never got around to it...but manyana.

I saw the LOL. No worries, mate.

Well ya take your time if you need to think about it... but its almost been two days(and two pages), i was begining to think you didn't want to answer, or you forgot...

Either way

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join