It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something near the Sun. Can't tell what it is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are these asteroids, comets, or problems with the SOHO camera.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

I have changed and added this image which was the one I was concerned about.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I'm pretty sure someone said on here a line going threw something like that is a sundog? or something that only happens to stars
edit on 31-3-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That does look like something major!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
very interesting. i'd love to hear other's responses to this and what exactly it might be....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Who sees the thing at the bottom left that looks like a mouse courser?... or is it?...

and if it is... that mouse courser is more slanted then mine!! :| i remember reading a thread on this forum about our real "space traveling spaceships" and that they are shaped like a mouse courser and its on alot of air force badges
edit on 31-3-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
haha interesting.

yesterday, I was looking at an old 7 minute feed from the sun back in 2003. It was really, really active shooting off a ton of flares or whatever, and I noticed that exact thing, coming from the right, go behind the sun, and eventually going off the screen to the left.

Forgot to mention it, but whatever it is, it's been there for a long time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
About once a month someone posts a thread about these... its just image artefact's on the CCD of the SOHO camera.

Explained

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette

That does look like something major!!

Its Wormwood!!!!! we are all going to die, RUN BIOTCHES RUN!!!

Wait nope don't run cause you cant run from it, Hunker down biotches. Hunker down like its 1969.

No seriously, Pray to God that you will live to see him and not that jerk the Devil.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
About once a month someone posts a thread about these... its just image artefact's on the CCD of the SOHO camera.

Explained

Come over here so I can slap you for possibly the dumbest explanation on ATS i have ever heard. If that is not Wormwood then its a planet not some image artifact. Give me a break, do you work for one of the alphabet soup agencies or what?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I put the wrong image in my original post, sorry about that. Take another look at what I wanted you to see.

What is it ?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

now i would say those are artifacts..... wow... wow what the... i mean.. i guess that's some anti-gravity in full motion trying to be captured on picture

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I put the wrong image in my original post, sorry about that. Take another look at what I wanted you to see.

What is it ?

Thats just a waste of all of our time thanx for the 2 minutes of my life that you wasted reading this .....

link   

What is it ?

It's..... nIRBIRU and the Annuaki!!!!! Coming to destroy us!!!

link   
trust me its image artefact's...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It's a picture of a star, there is another one below right of sun. Photo is of stars with camara motion and it looks like three images taken. The motion of the camera is evidend in the direction most other points of light are moving.
Spike

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Okay, I found it.

2003, soho monitoring the sun, about a quarter of the way in, you'll see the object you describe in your image entering the right.

Also, if you're talking about that big "blotch" on the image, and not the possible celestial object, that my friend is definitely an artifact.

Also, there's a TON of artifacting in the video I linked, with all the flares and all. Looks awesome though.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by roughycannon

Explained

Come over here so I can slap you for possibly the dumbest explanation on ATS i have ever heard. If that is not Wormwood then its a planet not some image artifact. Give me a break, do you work for one of the alphabet soup agencies or what?

THATS possible one of the dumbest responses I have ever read what you are seeing is when cosmic ray's have a direct hit on SOHO's CCD CCD wiki

The charged particles temporally "fry" the pixel causing it to go white and thats what your seeing.

Here is an image of a powerful cosmic ray hitting the SOHO camera right in the face.

And no I dont work for the alphabet soup company why?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The result in the images are caused by bright lights hitting the CCD Chip in the LASCO camera.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Are these asteroids, comets, or problems with the SOHO camera.

I have changed and added this image which was the one I was concerned about.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

I think your thread died ......But it was a good try

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Sorry, does someone have a link to artifacts that actually look anything like the above image?

The ones posted do look like the first image in this thread, but that was not the one the OP was asking about.

I'm sure there is almost certainly some ordinary explanation for this other thing that looks nothing like all the white blobby streaks in the artifact photos at all, but I'm just curious what it is if anyone can help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join