It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Time We Stand Up To Police Officers!" Judge Napolitano

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
You know, in 99.99% of all the law enforcement encounters I have ever had, I haven't run across a cop that has ever mistreated me in any way.

I wonder what I am doing that apparently the rest of you aren't?

Could it be that I am treating them with respect and because of that, they treat me with respect? Could be. You get what you give.

I'm curious, what neck of the woods do you live in? Some cops are good, but in time they change and serve to destroy freedom not protect it. I have always shown respect but got something completely different!
V for Victory

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

You know, in 99.99% of all the law enforcement encounters I have ever had, I haven't run across a cop that has ever mistreated me in any way.

I wonder what I am doing that apparently the rest of you aren't?

Could it be that I am treating them with respect and because of that, they treat me with respect? Could be. You get what you give.

I'm curious, what neck of the woods do you live in? Some cops are good, but in time they change and serve to destroy freedom not protect it. I have always shown respect but got something completely different!
V for Victory

People are people. Some people have more than one brother, two are cool, the other one is a jerk everytime you talk to him.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by Analyze76

I am not trying to start anything, just posting a video I found interesting, and commenting on it... Isnt that what we do here at ATS?

You came into the thread and didnt input anything except bashing the source the whole time... Then went off and made a whole new rant on a new topic... Just because I am noticing that police are cracking down big time in my area doesnt mean im trying to get people angry or whatever. Just pointing out observations that are in line with videos I saw.

I'm not bashing you. I just have seen those that I was trained to look out for (communists) while in the Army making headway on the youth.

I hope that we continue to be a constructive country not divided no matter color, etc, etc. There are many outside and inside our borders that want to see us fall. I want to give a different perspective.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76

Originally posted by lastrebel
reply to post by Analyze76

:

I think that you like to antagonize people and you probably do that to police too. Your insecurity of manhood makes you flip and you get what you deserve.

I did maximum security prison time for hurting a police officer but don't hate "police" carte blanche.

Thanks for the analizing of my entire personility from 2 short posts, I was going to pay for theropy but you have saved me the $$$$

I was not the one that posted a BS link to back up my point that anyone who has issues with the police who abuse there power was a commie. I dont hate ANYONE......much less the police. And if I am a commie for not liking crooked abusive cops.........then so are half the LEOs here. You really should do a little research before posting that the Army had several firefights with Iranians in a city in the USA over a nuke plant........its odd that my friend that lives there never heard of it.

You been watching too much Glen Beck .............and BTW you having to prision doesnt mean jack to me.

Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I have been all over this country, grew up in Colorado, lived in Florida, I now live in Michigan.

Every place I have been, the police have always shown me respect, because I showed them respect first.

Just saying, you get what you give, and my impression of many of the anti cop crowd here, respect isn't something they give an officer.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
Try treating them like fellow Americans!
Don't feed the fire.
It's about divide and conquer/url]

Haha, that advice will get someone killed. My fellow Americans don't require immediate compliance and I do not require their total obedience.

Doing anything but complying with the American police will result in electro-torture. You will also get hit with a cover charge.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

mr whatukno we all have read alot of your postings and from what i have seen if you spoke to a cop like you do some of the ats posters two things would happen either or:

you end up in a straight jacket or you would definately get a beat down just sayin thats my views i am sure that you and others would disagree,

cops are evil remember but then agian cops like prisons are a reflection of our true society guys getting beat up is what you normally see but theres alot we never see that would alarm us all

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

mr whatukno we all have read alot of your postings and from what i have seen if you spoke to a cop like you do some of the ats posters two things would happen either or:

you end up in a straight jacket or you would definately get a beat down just sayin thats my views i am sure that you and others would disagree,

I give respect to those that give it, I treat others as they treat me.

When people on this forum disrespect me, I give it back to them, that might explain a lot of our interactions.

Police do the same thing, when you give them respect, they respond in kind.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Deja`Vu

I have been all over this country, grew up in Colorado, lived in Florida, I now live in Michigan.

Every place I have been, the police have always shown me respect, because I showed them respect first.

Just saying, you get what you give, and my impression of many of the anti cop crowd here, respect isn't something they give an officer.

When someone uses terms like "always" or "never", then you know something is wrong. In your prior post you said "in 99.99%" of all cases you were treated well. What about the other 0.01%?

I would suspect that what you claim as your experience is not indicative of the majority of American's, as the popular perception in America is not quite the same as what you describe.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Police are not to different from the next gang, they wear a patch, they have their own colour and their own group agenda as well as their own personal ones.

I believe that every police officer is corrupt, unfortunately a human condition. A simple example of such, is where they fine one person for something, yet let another off for whatever reason, which happens everyday.

It would be great if the police being the custodians of the law received double the penalties that an underpowered citizen received for the same offense. But this will never happen, as the people they work for, make the laws and we all know that groups with vested interests look out for each other.

On a personal level there are good ones and not so good ones.

edit on 2-4-2011 by marsend because: typos

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Too add, if the law makers actually made sensible laws, not driven by personal agenda and a profit driven system, the police would have an easier job and most of the publics lives would be easier.

Having sensible and equitable laws would create a sensible society, which most would respect. There are always exceptions. Make a real law and have a real punishment and life would be easier for all.

I once read for the small crimes you get the bars, for the big ones you get a plaque, which concerns me most.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join