It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to go to a parallel reality using astral projection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I do know how to astral project even though i cant do it as much as i want. Ive been told that you can also time travel. Ive heard stories of people astral traveling and then coming back down into their bodies and waking up in a reality slightly different from their own. There are also people who say that they have different lives they go to in other realities. Is it possible to astral project go back to a earlier time in your life while your soul is out of your body and then go back into your body at the earlier time. It would be like transferring your conscious into a younger version of your self. It wouldn't be possession because its your body. Imagine the possibilities. People always say if they could do it all over again they wouldn't change a thing because it made them who they are what if you could go back and do it again as the person you are now. Has anyone ever done this or researched this. I would like to know the opinions people who are into science and metaphysics.

if you dont believe in astral projection please dont post because I dont care about your opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yeah im sure its possible i mean anything is possible though astro projection.

you just need to get to a deep level but as you should know that will take time , good luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Its called dreaming we enter another reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Pshh, I do this all the time.
In the nude.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

I suppose reality is in a circle and once out it would be possible. I have been out many times, but more dream like, buzzing around the trees within my neighborhood.

Two other times were real however. The one time out it was loss of control for a time then I had no idea where I was, in some city, more than likely Detroit. The other time my guides were in the background controlling things, so I still don't find we have that kind of control to alter time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

im talking about entering a different physical reality through astral projection. astral projection is different from dreaming.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
THAT is a facinating question! All I can say is I feel (feel because feeling is greater than knowing) that this makes metaphysical sence. I feel that anything really is possible and that whatever we can imagine, we will soon be able to manifest into reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Graham Hancock (Fingerprint of the Gods author) wrote a whole book on this. You might want to check it out.

When people go to Peru (as Graham did) for a pyscho-spiritual retreat, you inject hallucinatory drugs to visit parallel universes. A lot has been written about it.

Check out Hancock's book: It's called "Supernatural." Here's a short description:

He uncovers clues that lead him to travel to the depths of the Amazon rainforest to drink the powerful plant hallucinogen Ayahuasca with Indian shamans, whose paintings contain images of ‘supernatural beings’ identical to the animal-human hybrids depicted in prehistoric caves and rock shelters. And Western laboratory volunteers placed experimentally under the influence of hallucinogens such as mescaline also report visionary encounters with exactly the same beings. Scientists at the cutting edge of consciousness research have begun to consider the possibility that such hallucinations may be real perceptions of other ‘dimensions’.

The parallel universes he visited were a somewhat scary and unsettling experience for him.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

thanks for the info. im not willing to use any hallucinogens or drugs to answer my question but the book you referenced dose sound interesting. ill look it up

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

thanks for the info. im not willing to use any hallucinogens or drugs to answer my question but the book you referenced dose sound interesting. ill look it up

Why ? Don't answer. Just think about it. Not about the if, but only the why.

AnywayI think you cant time travel like you said to a younger or older version of you. Cause at that point there is alread a conscience in your body ( you ).

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

some information for the non believers

Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of traveling outside it.[1] Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane.

as for time traveling useing astral projection ,,, that in it self is a tricky subject to answer with facts . unless a person really experienced this and came back and noticed a lot of changes then i say yeah sure that can happen , but from what i was told time travel is only possible though a deep trance and then your only an obsever. like in a deep dream state ...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Can someone please explain how one would "project"? I'm new to this but this sounds very interesting and would like to give it a shot!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

why? because im in the military and im not new to astral projection i know you dont need drugs.

as for the other part of your reply that seems to be one of the flaws in this idea. but i have a theory i came up with in boot camp i call it the "hypersphere theory". its kind of hard to explain so stick with me.

i think that the conscious of other realities are kind of like a autopilot soul. the only conscious that really matters is the one im currently focused on. which is me typing on the computer. i think there are infinite amount of parallel universes. you could imagine this as a sphere of reality that contains everything that can and will be. this is what i call the "hypersphere" in the middle of this sphere is what astral travelers call the "over-soul" a type of super conscious that everyone has also in the middle of this sphere is when you start your life. if you could imagine the hypersphere with infinite possibilities of all realities then imagine a single line in that sphere and the line represents the reality you are in which is your "focus". i believe when we dream we are gaining access to all of the possibility of the hypersphere. during normal dreams it is not controlled thats why things may seem so random and unreal. but when you astral project its like you are a "user" and the hypersphere is the "internet" everything is more controlled and you can actually find and make use of the information you gain. if you can astral project it would simply be a matter of switching your "focus" to a different reality. maybe when i do that it will put my current reality's conscious on autopilot and the new reality will become the main reality.

dose that make sense?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

its best to look this information up and then experiment with it. different people do it different ways. go to google and type in astral projection for beginners there is alot of information on it also look up Dr Albert Taylor

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Your question reminds me of the Christopher Reeve movie " Somewhere In Time"..... As a pretty frequent Obe'er, I don't know about this... Astral travel will produce more "premonition" ability... So in a way, maybe its possible...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What if you could project into your past lives and fully live them out...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Do not worry about what happens when you are asleep - when you are awake, you have a chance to meld a mind that you can carry with you - work on your thoughts, clean your mind and imagine, albeit dream whatever you want to - create your own ideas, create memories, create a self - and leave the "beliefs" behind - when you dream, your mind will eventually mature and you will be able to truly thrive in the next world.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

If you don't mind me asking what is your background with astral projection. You say you can accomplish this how did you do this. I'm pretty interested myself and I'm not sure where to start. Very cool. I feel like you go in to different realities or different lives your soul has had. But who can really say for sure what it is, the possibilities are infinite. =)

I'm going to give you a little background on my father. My dad tells me this story, every once in awhile about when he used to work in Seattle, Washington. Mind you he's very into the metaphysical and philosophical topics he's enviously intelligent. This guy has some gifts let me tell you he was a part of the Rosicrucian order his dad worked for NASA and was on some pretty important missions. Which is for an entirely different thread, a rainy day.

It was a rainy day and my father is walking through Seattle and he steps into another realm. What he saw he has never been able to find the words for. It was like nothing he had ever seen or experienced before, so explaining it to someone who hadn't seen it themselves would be fairly difficult. From what he could go off of was there were elves, it was a magical realm and they were all around him and he just knocked out of it. Found himself walking through Seattle where he was before this little side trip into another realm.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I've done it since before i knew what it was. I don't know why. For those intrested in it just google and YouTube videos at night and practice them when your about to sleep. Don't fear being trapped outside of your body. The first time I did this on purpose I told myself the night before that I wouldn't be afraid of anything. At a certain point you'll be faced with absolute darkness and your consciousness ( that is the scary part that most can't handle) but you just gotta say fvck it and go deeper into that darkness. After that you will have literally unlocked the key to illumination. When you try to astral project don't anticipate anything and don't try to hard. Try different techniques until you find one that you like.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

Yeah I know that one part scares me but I think it's that childhood fear and you just have to get over with it. Thankyou I will try that and see how it works out =)

new topics

top topics

join