It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa...Anyone seen this Fallout Model?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Seems to be the worst case scenario if they can't stop the meltdown.

Why not just drop a 1,000lb bomb on the place. Sure it will be initially devastating, but it would stop the meltdown.

This is actually a good Idea and I have mentioned it in other posts..

Fight fire with fire.

A heavy Nuke dropped on it would vapourise all the materials and fuse it. The Fallout would be far less widespread and eventually the site would be re-livable.

Water contamination would be No differen to where the French did their testing in the Pacific.

I think at this stage, it's the best option.. or atleast the quickest one to stop the spread..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sumgai
[snip]

The epitome of deny ignorance
edit on 1-4-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/4/11 by argentus because: removed quoted profanity

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here's a graph I came across, as a point of comparison for various levels of radiation exposure. Yes, parts of it are somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and perhaps at a time where most of us (myself included) aren't really in the mood for tongue-in-cheek, however, I think it says a lot about comparative levels of radiation, and I found it informative.

Have a look: Radiation Dose Chart.

Damn bannanas. I KNEW they were suspect. Also....... guess I'm going to have to kick the cat off the bed.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The model is scary thats for sure!

I was wondering why the MSM had been showing the libya conflict non-stop! Now I know why!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My roomate told me yesterday..thier was radiaiton in the rain up in Massachusetes. i dont know where he heard it, but he's a no bull person..so im assuming its a reliable source* He didnt say wether it was barely detectable , letahl ro what. i live in southwest CT, as had me concerned*

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Personally i think its a hoax* cherynbole, the radiation spread across the globe..but it thinned out adn barely detectable as it went around the equator. it seems overfetched, the computer model in this post. taht samne chart is saying if a nuclear warhead went off. just one, the entire world would have fallout. thats bull.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Colombia is barely touched
yay move here everyone lol

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticallyDelicious

Yes Agenda 21 is a depopulation plan. It is also a way to put humans in certain areas. Sorry for the info. Please try to research next time before you call things BS. Thanks.

Agenda 21 For Dummies
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-4-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Thats why tthiers no vid-and clicking on the link, shows its a problem vid removed..and you expect me to belive you!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Sorry the link works fine for me. Please tell me how to link a youtube video? The title I put at the top can also be searched on . The video is called Agenda 21 for Dummies. Sorry I dont know how to post videos yet. I am new to this site. Peace.

Why would I lie about Agenda 21? What purpose would lying do?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Exactly. I was basically called a liar for mentioning Agenda 21. I thought more on ATS would know what that was but I was wrong. What a sad world.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
reply to post by Buford2

Thats why tthiers no vid-and clicking on the link, shows its a problem vid removed..and you expect me to belive you!

Though perhaps in your country they have taken it down
There most certainly is a video and many others regarding agenda 21 but what is the point if your mind is already set to stay in ignorance it is your choice and your loss and you make yourelf look very small in doing so

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

No, it wasn't you it was a quote burntheships posted, though the majority of it was correct, stating there is no safe level of radiation is just plain wrong. You're right about the plutonium and I'm not about to contest you. Plutonium is indeed something to avoid but thankfully it only exists when man makes it (at least on earth, anyway) so you're unlikely to come into contact with it. Hopefully.

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"imagination at work"
"we bring good things to life"

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

No, it wasn't you it was a quote burntheships posted, though the majority of it was correct, stating there is no safe level of radiation is just plain wrong. You're right about the plutonium and I'm not about to contest you. Plutonium is indeed something to avoid but thankfully it only exists when man makes it (at least on earth, anyway) so you're unlikely to come into contact with it. Hopefully.

Roswell.

Man does use Plutonium and how therefore can you say you are are unlikely to come into contact with it when man is using it. Unless Man is a different creature to yourself.
TOKYO (Reuters) – France and the United States are to help Japan in its battle to contain radiation from a crippled nuclear complex where plutonium finds have raised public alarm over the world's worst atomic crisis since Chernobyl in 1986.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

Plus you gotta think that it's Plutonium that is releasing and it's range is 4x farther and it's effect on humans is 10x more hazardous.

Far worse when inhaled with usually between 20 and 60 percent depending upon such things as the size of the particles, is retained in the lung. The rest is eliminated from the body within several days. Of that which remains in the lungs, about half will be removed each year, some to be excreted, some to lodge in the lymph nodes, and a very small amount will be deposited in other organs, mainly bone.

I have only heard them say maybe twice what the type of fuel that's in there and now TEPCO is fudging the numbers and IAEA knows it. So now they are sending a team in to find out why all the discrepancies from TEPCO.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

I know how to make Radaways in my bath tub

seond line

hmmmm .... I need to start saving my bottlecaps

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman
reply to post by Stunspot

I have only heard them say maybe twice what the type of fuel that's in there and now TEPCO is fudging the numbers and IAEA knows it. So now they are sending a team in to find out why all the discrepancies from TEPCO.

Ass covering of course. That's how bureaucratic organizations operate. No one wants to look like they don't know what they're doing or to spend more money than they're budgeted for, so books get cooked and real issues covered over. No one ever wants to be the bearer of bad news to the boos, so what there is is made to look less bad and that goes on and on compounded with each successive rung up the ladder it goes until you get "no immediate health risk."

I see it in my business daily and we don't handle anything as dangerous as nuclear material. But the concept is the same. Some change has to happen with this organizational approach that has lead us to this state.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Point is it only exists where we use it, in reactors. There are very few nuclear reactors in the world when compared to the amount of coal burning genorators(sp?).

I'd also like to point out that radiation can only penetrate a certain distance and cannot be blown by wind, it's like the field of a magnet, after a point it stops, and gets stronger as you get closer to it. The only way for radiation to travel is following an explosion, in which case the particles that give off radiation are thrown into the air and then are blown around. The small explosions at Fukishima(sp?) threw up some radioactive particles, but most of it had an incredibly short halflife and settled in the immediate area, which is why japanese officials have warned citizens not to drink milk for a while, as cows place all their excess iodine (being a beta emitter, through alpha is worse) into their milk for the calf, since no organism (including humans) can differentiate between isotopes of an atom when processing them after consumption. (If you're worried, take Iodine tablets so your body passed through any excess, but be sparing, as too much iodine has it's own effects. As always, see your doctor before taking any kind of advice from a random online post
)

I'd say this graph shows the low levels of caesium that made it into the atmosphere from this explosion, and the estimated position of it based on weather patterns, as it is incredibly hard to detect the position as accurately as this graph/map shows.

Roswell.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join