It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa...Anyone seen this Fallout Model?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
People seem to think that humans are "out of place" on earth. They talk like we "shouldn't even be here".

Whether you are a creationist or an evolutionist, in either case, we are meant to be here just as much as the trees, the grass, and the ocean. If you are a creationist, then we were intentionally put here by God, who put everything here and there is no arguing with that.

If you are an evolutionist, then we came from nature and "chance" just like the bugs, animals, trees, plants, etc. therefore we are just as much a part of "nature" as every other living thing.

When I hear people suggest that man is somehow "misplaced" or out of place on earth, I can't help but wonder what their train of thought is. Are you suggesting that we're "not supposed to be here"? Since "man" is the source of everything bad on earth, then we must be our own creator, right? Are you saying that "nature" screwed up by "letting" us evolve?

My point is, Man is just as much a part of the "big picture" as anything else in nature. We are just as much "at home" on earth as the ocean, the skies, the plants, animals and fish. Whether or not we make mistakes is another issue altogether, but this mindset that man somehow shouldn't even be here is just ignorant.

If you choose to continue to refer to me, or my comments as ignorant, please do so because of something that I have said, and not from assumptions that you are creating on your own.

You leaped far away from me with this statement. I did not say that humans don't belong on Earth. I did not say that humans are out of place on Earth. I simply said that she is not OUR'S.

Out of all of the different species of plants and animals that you are comparing, there is only 1 species that has assumed that the Earth is their's to own. This is the same species that has used and abused her for as much as they can, and more. We have not given her the true respect that she deserves. We have taken her for granted.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Look at the concentrations. All this shows is that whatever atmospheric event happens in one part of the world affects the entire atmosphere. Same happens with volcanoes and fires.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If this is real...we are really in bad shape along with the rest of the world....Anyway, just do as your government and paid media ask.." Don't worry, be Happy" But you know, in all reality, this is what we should do as it's all an illusion...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why are we in bad shape? Look at the daily radiation levels in the U.S. right now. It's normal. Typical what you would see on any given day. Just because they use ominous colors and it spreads everywhere, doesn't mean a thing. I have a feeling if they had made a similar model to particles of ash say, after the Mt. Saint Helena eruption, it would look very similar. But the particles were so tiny when spread across the globe, it has no actual effect on us.

Now if the situation grows worse there, perhaps I'll worry. But it's not as doom and gloomy as some of you make out. "Omg.. this is bad.. really really really bad! We are so screwed!" No.. calm down and think about it. Can't say it won't get worse, but just now, it's not bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Is that what's called "dispersal"?

Good find. S&F&

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by jadedANDcynical
There is also no way to detect polonium using conventional radiation detectors.

They will talk about radiation levels, which is not as much a concern as the secondary byproducts are.

Just one 'seed' of polonium particle in the human lung can spawn a cancer months or likely years down the road.

edit on 1-4-2011 by star in a jar because: running from grammar nazis

Po is etremely difficult to detect using a gamma ray detector, however its alpha particle emission is pretty easy to detect using alpha particle spectroscopy..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

At the very least, it's as credible as what our illustrious government is feeding us. Its the french version of the EPA, so who knows? They think it's true.
IRSN, French Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety

edit on 1-4-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I personnally think the whole Lybia thing is to distract our attention off of Japan. How much news can you get on the Japan crisis?It is all about Lybia.........look here , not there ......there is nothing to see the air is clear.......

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Then we should all go die in piles on top of their air exchangers... That'll teach them something for next time!

Hey, the bible DOES say survivors will wish to be dead!... ( Or is it from a prophecy of sorts?!? )

Seriously, I read on a previous post it was about the dispersion of Cesium-137? Man, how many types of radio particles can these Japanese reactors generate?

Take the periodic table and multiply it by at least 3.

Radioactivity is "spread" by energetic neutrons. As these neutrons are continually emitted from a nuclear reaction, eventually everything in the immediate vicinity of a reaction becomes energized and radioactive.

Depending on the amount of neutrons absorbed and how energetic they are will vary the isotope you end up with. This in turn break down (decay) over a specified period of time (half-life) sometimes to other unstable particles (each with it's own half-life) until eventually a stable state is reached.

That's all off the top of my head and VERY rough but it should give you an idea of what we are dealing with.
edit on 1-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo: more idiocy.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well I live in Saskatoon at least there is no dark brown covering my province according to that animated model. Still scary though. I hope this is just a hoax.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Giovannetti44
No worries guys Ann Coulter said it's good for us! We should all go out and bask in it!!

Yeah, in fact I'm going to take my whole family to Japan just so we can get all the health benefits!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Forgive me if i'm a little behind in the thread, but since this model seems to project radiation dispersal from the beginning of the Fukushima crisis till today, what will become of the situation let's say one or two YEARS in the future?

Meltdown in the damaged plants is inevitable, so what will the long term consequences be from such a disaster?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

graphjam.files.wordpress.com...

It's not that bad. You could do the same to track any small poisoning of the Earth, including the communal farting of a city.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthSeeker1996
Forgive me if i'm a little behind in the thread, but since this model seems to project radiation dispersal from the beginning of the Fukushima crisis till today, what will become of the situation let's say one or two YEARS in the future?

Meltdown in the damaged plants is inevitable, so what will the long term consequences be from such a disaster?

Excellent question - truthseeker. To all the folks saying that it's just a little radiation - no big deal - this is the real question we should be asking ourselves. I read on another ATS thread that a Japaneese official said it could take 50 - 100 years for the reactor cores to cool down. Can we contain the nuke facilities while the cores are still this hot and cement them over? I've heard many say that this can't be done any time soon. So how many days - months - years will we have radiation circling over our heads? Seems like to me that if they could stop this someone would already have a plan of action - I don't see any plan in the works. Maybe there is no plan - we're in uncharted territory and they are just making it up as they go along.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I dont believe it. If it was really this bad every one in japan would be dead.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Not true. Outside of the quarantined zone, radiation poisoning would be a slower process, causing cancers, tumors and other biological breakdowns. Just study the effects of DU in Iraq ( Fallujah would be a good starting point) or Afghanistan and you can get a better idea of what is in store for the people of Japan. Not to mention Chernobyl. To not believe something in a knee jerk reaction does not make it so. All it does is ignore the evidence.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I dont believe it. If it was really this bad every one in japan would be dead.

In time they pretty much will be. After the cherry blossoms have finished bloom in April - the winds will switch around and come across Japan from the east. Most of the radiation will be covering Japan, China, Russia, Korea.Right now the winds are bringing it here (USA) first after a trip over the Pacific Ocean. Soon Tokyo will be innundated with the stuff. Japan's population should be evacutated - hope they don't wait till it's too late.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Why would everyone in Japan be dead from the minor amounts shown here? Or in other words, why won't anyone ever read before posting? I have my doubts about how accurate it is, but not only is it clearly labeled, multiple people now have posts on every page of this thread explaining that despite looking scary this model is not making any scary claims.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
were all fuked!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
smoke 'em if you got 'em folks. - hug your loved ones - have a party - celebrate our lives - because it can all end in an instant

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join