Whoa...Anyone seen this Fallout Model?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I'm not questioning at all that there is radiation in the water but I just have to question what measurment is accurate. Like i said, if something was 18,100% if that's even possible and they want to use that as a measurment unit which seems ridiculous to me lol I would imagine that would be pretty near instantly lethal. Maybe the comma is supposed to be a period making it 18.100% That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense here cause I keep trying to figure out what they may mean and I'm not coming up with anything that makes sense

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Think of it like this:

If 200 units of item "A" is harmful to you 400 units would be 100% more

18100% more would be such an absurdly large number that you would need scientific notation to be able to fit it on one page.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Anyone got a radroach recipe?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
No matter how I look at it. It's just wrong ! We were all looking for some kind of natural destruction, to take our
species out of existence. Yes, natural destruction played it's part, lending a hand. But Japan would be in full swing right now rebuilding and cleaning up. If weren't for those plants. They havn't even had time to morn. That quake alone ? Not much threat to the whole of mankind. The irony.

"I know of two things that go to infinity. The universe and the stupidity of man. I'm not entirely sure about the universe".

Albert Einstien

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Time to start colonizing other planets.
This is insane to think that this is also just one plant. What if 20 other plants at various places around the world had meltdowns? Scary sh!t.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. People who downplay this are living in a dream world. This radiation is very real and no matter how the media or the site downplays it doesnt make it safe. Radiation is a poison although some like Ann Coulter are downplaying and saying it is fine. Not sure who worries anymore about the evil in this world anyway? Worrying will not help anyone. The fact is that radiation is falling on everyone who lives in the states or it will eventually. We have been poisoned as part of Agenda 21.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
ya I dont think thats radiation...that would be crazy toxic

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

"I know of two things that go to infinity. The universe and the stupidity of man. I'm not entirely sure about the universe".

Albert Einstien

Some true words of wisdom

Here we are, worried about Aliens, Niburu, Dark Entities, Gods wrath, Armageddon.........

Forget it mate.... here comes MAN!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Woaw, is this for real? Serious, the whole world is lost then?
But they keep saying, no panicking... yeah riight....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ebaydan777

The agency says this depicts levels so low their usual sensors can't even detect them. Whether that's true is up for debate, and I have my own doubts about whether it could possibly hold true even if it is now, but this French government agency study absolutely does show cesium radiation as expected to have already dispersed, while at the same time firmly stating that they do not find it concerning.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Just thought I'd point this out; the sun gives off radiation, along with whatever else makes it through space. Although most of this is nullified by the earth's magnetic field and the atmosphere, everyone is still constantly hit by radiation. Adding to this is the natually radioactive elements in the dirt below your feet, I swear nobody even thinks about this stuff. There's places in most countries, particuarily Australia, that give off above average levels of radiation and the people who live there are perfectly fine, in sime cases the cancer levels are lower than the expected average. We set up a Geiger counter in the middle of a yard, pointed at the sky and away from any artificial radioactive objects and recieved 20 counts per minute on the counter, being only a small area and only over one minute, this means you're hit by much more radiation every day and it doesn't even matter a bit.

Getting hospital scans are actually more dangerous to you. You're not even close to the reactor but what you are exposed to are stupid doctors giving you x-rays and CT scans like they have too many. This is more likely to give you cancer than the plant ever will be. As a side note; should a doctor give you more than 5 CT scans in a year, tell him/her to piss off, as this elevates your risk of cancer. (Yes, that means that searching for cancer with a CT scan could also cause it}

Most of the radioactive particles given off by the plant have a halflife of only a few days, and only gamma radiation (the safest one, really) is strong enough to come down from the atmosphere and hit you. Gamma is the least ionising of all Radiation and is likely to pass through anyone's body without even interacting with a single atom, just as the solar radiation does every day, and is doing right now as you read this.

Someone quoted a guy earlier on who said 'there is no safe level of radiation'. This guy is an idiot.

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I kind of think that the map in the op looks scarier than it is???
but anyways...
has anyone else been coughing more than usual of late???

just wondering here, I usually cough alot, what the heck I am breathing flock for 8 hours a day, four to five days a week..I'm surprised I can breathe at all....but, lately I've been coughing my brains out!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Not sure what planet you're from, but on this one, and especially here in the UK, hospitals do not hand out X-Rays like they're going out of fashion. Quite the opposite actually - they often refuse them unless deemed essential, due to the high risk associated with too much exposure to radiation, being as it is cumulative.

Nice try though...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I kind of think that the map in the op looks scarier than it is???
but anyways...
has anyone else been coughing more than usual of late???

just wondering here, I usually cough alot, what the heck I am breathing flock for 8 hours a day, four to five days a week..I'm surprised I can breathe at all....but, lately I've been coughing my brains out!!!

I hope you're okay there mate, doesn't sound too good but I think your coughing isn't radiation related.
If you are in America, I would say you've got a case of the Government bug..... very nasty critters indeed! but curable

Best cure for that, get hold of a bottle of "Far Cough"..... it works wonders!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
Thanks for the info. People who downplay this are living in a dream world. This radiation is very real and no matter how the media or the site downplays it doesnt make it safe. Radiation is a poison although some like Ann Coulter are downplaying and saying it is fine. Not sure who worries anymore about the evil in this world anyway? Worrying will not help anyone. The fact is that radiation is falling on everyone who lives in the states or it will eventually. We have been poisoned as part of Agenda 21.

I've briefly (not in depth at all mind you) just finished going over a PDF of Agenda 21 and where exactly does it say anything about poisoning? or are you going to tell me it says something about population reduction? if so... could you please point out where? (e.g. which paragraph) because that sounds like a lot of bull.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
reply to post by roswell1

Not sure what planet you're from, but on this one, and especially here in the UK, hospitals do not hand out X-Rays like they're going out of fashion. Quite the opposite actually - they often refuse them unless deemed essential

The point being that General Practitioners deem almost everything 'essential' because they don't know enough about radiation and it's effects on humans. Contrary to popular belief, radiation is in fact not cumulative, it is simply unwise to expose yourself to radiation over a certain limit as the odds of it affecting you increase as your exposure does, just as you could live in the sun for 70 years and have nothing happen, yet some poor soul gets cancer at 17. It is simply a case of reducing the potential for something to go wrong, and not being stupid enough to use alpha radiation or an isotope with a long half-life, which are both dangerous.

Though isotopes with long half-lives can admittedly build up in your system, hospitals don't use them and they only build up if they get lodged in your body and continue to react over a long period of time.

As a bonus point, my broter had 6 CT scans for a shoulder reconstruction, along with some x-rays, this won't automatically give someone cancer, it just increases the chance that you'll get it. MRIs are far safer and in most cases offer a clearer picture...

Hold you hand over a match too long and it's going to burn you...

Don't think I missed the fact that you rebutted the only point I made that was entirely unrelated to the issue at hand.

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I wonder: IF they had dumped sand on the reactors, would the rods have molten together with the sand making it easier to cool the whole deal off? Would the rods and sand have formed the glass like substance that was found at Chernobyl and would that have prevented the groundwater becoming irradiated?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
at least this may explain why we cant find any other civilization in outer space

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stunspot
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I can't say it's "wrong" but I will say that it doesn't actually look all that bad. Look at the scale on the bottom -- it's logarithmic as a percentage of "Max". My french is a little rusty, but I didn't spot any place where they say what "Max" is, or even what the units are (sieverts, rem, particulate count or whathaveyou). But even if you assume "Max" to be something pretty nasty, what I saw in the vid didn't come up anywhere beyond the second (maybe third) division. So that's still a HECK of a lot lower than what would make me jumpy just yet (but then, I'm in the american midwest so YMMV).

There's just not info here to get scared OR reassured.

Oh, and to those who just see "trees and rocks": enable _javascript on that page. It'll bring up a flash video.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Stunspot because: typo

The measurement unit is in becquerels/square meter from Cesium 137. For a point of reference, the mean measurement for Germany following Chernobyl was from 2000 to 4000 Bq.
In forensics, we use Ce-137 as a dating substance. Since it doesn't exist in nature, if its characteristic gamma ray emission is found, the emittor must date from post-1945, when Uranium fission bombs were first utilized.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
You know what, I think they actually did it. They actually messed up our earth. This is the beginning of the end for most of us.
Don't take this the wrong way. I am not directing this at you, because it is a very common misconception.

They actually messed up our earth
This misconception is really the basis for the majority of humanities current problems.
She was never OUR Earth to begin with, but we have treated her like she was.
edit on 4/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join