It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humbly Seeking the Good - Waking up to True Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is an article I wrote on my blog. I think it describes the mindset of waking up to reality and remaining clear in the midst of a troubled world. It works for me anyway. I would love to hear comments. I might also warn you. There is a salvation message in everything I write. It's at the end.

-------------------

Living life well requires a mastery of words and actions. Finding the good in all situations demands the proper application of meaning to form correct choices. Like magic incantations acting on the experiences of awareness, words have the power to transform the intellect in specific directions along the various paths of life. Focusing the lens of the mind then defines the path that is traveled. Clarity of thought can direct the mind toward the good of life if intellect guides emotion. However, if emotion guides intellect, the path of life will only bring clarity through the lessons of uncomfortable experience.

Duplicity

Duplicity is a state of awareness representing contradictory thoughts and actions. Like two out of tune notes, duplicitous thoughts and actions resonate with disharmony to the intellect. Seeking the good in any situation requires harmony between the two. Guiding the emotions from the intellect represents the first step of tuning the mind to harmony and equilibrium. Finding the good in life is impenetrable apart from the proper use of the intellect.

Impenetrability

Impenetrability is the state of being whereby two things cannot occupy the same space. Emotion will always move past the space in the mind occupied by the intellect. Since two objects cannot occupy the same space, the stronger of the two will move the weaker. Seeking the good in any situation requires strength of intellect. The second step to finding harmony and equilibrium in the mind requires the use of intellect as the dominating force for guiding choice. When emotion obediently serves intellect, equanimity follows.

Equanimity

Equanimity is a state of mental and emotional steadiness arising from deep awareness. A constant state of equanimity is impossible if the five senses dictate emotion. To maintain equanimity is to guide action by intellect through the filter of mindfulness of purpose.

Mindfulness

Mindfulness is a calm awareness and mastery of emotion. To be mindful is to master intentions of choice in all moments of life.

Intention

Intention is the first leg of a well traveled journey. The good of life can arise from correct intention if the disharmony caused by duplicity is eliminated by the intellect. This journey demands only one true intention from us along the path. If we wish the good of life as a reward for our efforts, then two contradictory goals are selfishly desired. If we pursue the good of life to avoid punishment, duplicity has once again revealed our selfish intention. True intention, however, only comes by desiring the source of good in life from the perspective of humility.

Humility

Humility seeks the good as its own reward. The goodness of God is the peace that comes from choosing His free gift of Grace.

Grace

Grace is unmerited favor to the humble.

Pride

The exalting of self.

By not choosing, a choice is still made.
edit on 31-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Star & flag 4 U....

Excellent post and true.

new topics

join