It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government buying out Freeze Dried Food Produce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Mountain House is basically sold out of everything including bags

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
has anyone got reasearch on the 'New Madrid Fault Zone'

Where it is,, etc etc?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
First let me say there is a difference between an RFI and a RFP. The RFI is just so that the federal gov't can get an idea on what suppliers are able to fill an order of that magnitude. Usually that is to pre-qualify a list of bidders for when an actual RFP (Request for Proposal) is issued. This is the usual method gov'ts outsource all contracts - have to be fair for everyone after all
There was never an actual order placed (that we know of).

That being said it is still something to take note of. I figure if the gov't actually had reason to make a purchase of that magnitude (for a specific reason) they would likely make a number of smaller purchases from various suppliers to go 'under the radar' so to speak. It seems likely whomever wrote this RFI for FEMA never gave enough thought to how people would react to the specific nature of the request. They likely withdrew it for that reason.

I think FEMA screwed up Katrina so bad they don't want to be caught with their pants around their ankles again. Same reason they are holding the upcoming NLE. So does the gov't know more than they are telling us? Almost certainly - but do they know of an upcoming major earthquake in the New Madrid area in the near future? Doubt it - they haven't proven themselves to be that smart.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Doubt it - they haven't proven themselves to be that smart.

Or they manipulated events to look like they are not smart enough. They are!, concerning themselves, their families and friends. We are just canon fodder which can be replaced, eventually...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

They might think they're smart but won't they be surprised when they attempt to emerge from their underground bunkers to find out I've welded the hatch shut!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I just replied to a post on another thread that we should go to die piling on the air exchangers of their bunkers...
That would teach them something!
Maybe we could do both ideas!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They may have canceled 1 order because they got a better deal somewhere else..You know how thrifty the government is on spending money....lol...anyway, they may have gotten the order filled some place else...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Doubt it - they haven't proven themselves to be that smart.

Or they manipulated events to look like they are not smart enough. They are!, concerning themselves, their families and friends. We are just canon fodder which can be replaced, eventually...

I agree....also There is radiation in the milk in Washington, it happens so fast. The cows eat grass...if the radiation gets in all our food crops soon only previous crops will be safe as in freeze dryed and canned from earlier. But there is no way any of us would be able to have years worth as the ground clears of radiation, didn't they say like 10 years/

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
They may have canceled 1 order because they got a better deal somewhere else..You know how thrifty the government is on spending money....lol...anyway, they may have gotten the order filled some place else...

OR they may have canceled the order on paper in public and made the deals more quiet and private.I for one don't believe they follow the law and fdo things legal.
My ex used to get gov. contracts for earth moving and he had an insider in the process who would look at the bids as they came in and then at the last min. he would put our bid in and we always were the low bid, in other words there is a lot of cheeting going on...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kigamboni

The New Madrid Fault Line is a major seismic zone in southern and midwestern United States. The fault line threatens 7 states: Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi.

This is from Wikipedia:

In a report filed in November 2008, The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency warned that a serious earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone could result in "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States," further predicting "widespread and catastrophic" damage across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and particularly Tennessee, where a 7.7 magnitude quake or greater would cause damage to tens of thousands of structures affecting water distribution, transportation systems, and other vital infrastructure.

This is a link to the brief on the FEMA website:
www.fema.gov...

I wonder if this has anything to do with the loud, rumbling sounds that have been reported in this region within the last few weeks?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Please check this out. Followed the original link and scrolled down to:

www.yourfoodstorage.com...

It comes up with food available...is this the same site?
edit on 1-4-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What kind of #ing # is that?

Sorry but this pisses me off. The people that handle this food have to be conscious of WHO THE # IS BUYING IT AS WELL.

DON'T THEY KNOW A DISASTER CAN BE OUT AT ANY TIME? GENERAL PUBLIC NEEDS FOOD TOO. WHY WOULD THEY ALLOW THIS?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Lol. And then screwed up their air supply. They have to have something connecting them with the surface, and my radiated zombie ass is going to be blocking off all of their air intakes leading to their filtration system.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

business is business and concious doesn't come into play.

to a business it is more important for a large order to be filled than 1 small order made every few years.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Lets try this again...if this company is out of food as op has posted
and everybody is giving their opinions...
Would anybody care to take the time to answer my earlier question???

If you scroll a ways down the page on the right side almost to the bottom, posted there is a list of food available...that is the link I posted.
So...is it still the same site and if it is...why would it appear that food is still available.

April Fools...right? If so...ya got 'em good.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Lets try this again...if this company is out of food as op has posted
and everybody is giving their opinions...
Would anybody care to take the time to answer my earlier question???

If you scroll a ways down the page on the right side almost to the bottom, posted there is a list of food available...that is the link I posted.
So...is it still the same site and if it is...why would it appear that food is still available.

April Fools...right? If so...ya got 'em good.

No sorry - No April's Fool. If you read the Original Post it quite clearly says 'Entrees' - Although FEMA were in the market for the whole works (all three or four courses - which they later withdrew) they may well have subdivided the contract and the company you're linking to still has supplies of main courses left - they have sold their entire entree produce to the Fed Govt though. There is no more to supply now until September - Hope that clears this up.

Oz

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm a vendor of Mountain House. I was notified that I would not be able to place any new orders for my inventory after April 10. I've still got a copy of the memo.

Recently, while in a discussion with a large corporation owner in CO, who knows the people at Wise Foods, it was brought up that Wise Foods has orders from the Government as well. Among all the manufacturers, the orders total over a Billion, with a B, dollars worth of product.

I still cannot get orders fulfilled.

Just whom are we feeding that is worth the stockpiling of these meals and pinching the small retailer like me with a lack of product?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't put much stock into this entire thread. I got several Mountain House freeze dried entrees just 2 weeks ago.

The problem here is that Oregon Freeze Dried has gotten a very large order from some government entity. And having only limited production capabilities, have been trying to keep up with demand. So as a result, their major distributors (i.e. Walmart) still have it in stock, while their lesser distributors do not.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MTCazador

You can get food at www.freshpantry.myefoods.com. You can try out the food before you pay a lot for it to make sure you like it. This is a great opportunity to buy storable food or make money offering it to others. Having extra food on hand is the smartest thing you can do the way things are going lately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join