It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Aids-like disease found in China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Could this be man made to discourage Chinese from reproducing? Maybe.

Could you guys go one #ing day before creating a conspiracy?
Jezus Christ

???????????????

This is a conspiracy web site so I think you can probably answer your own question !!

PDUK

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Damn, this is bad. And considering 3/4 of our products come from them, this year you dont have to worry about lead and chemicals in your children's toys, just the new AIDS virus!

Furthermore, what do the Chinese expect when they never cared for expanding their empire to help reduce the population in that one particular area (China). Thats why there are so many illnesses in China because the country houses 4 billion people. Its just to crowded, like India.

Anyway, we cant blame them for this, Sh# happens, so i will send prayers to China, although they probably dont want them, but they are getting them anyway.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the thing that gets me the most is it spreads via "Any body fluid".. That makes it a million times more dangerous than HIV....

I think the only thing worse would it becoming "Airborne"..

I'm not scared easily, but this one scares the hell out of me.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Pair it up with a dose of radiation from their neighbors and we're truly f***ed!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
While I highly doubt there is a conspiracy involved here - the concept of "escaped biological weapons" or use thereof, is a highly relevant one.

The technology available on the market readily favors those wishing to dabble in the world of gene splicing and bioengineering. It's infinitely cheaper and more practical to set up a biological weapons lab than it is to set up a nuclear weapons facility. Quite literally, a warehouse, farm shed, or garage can house the relatively compact equipment and facilities necessary. The components for making such weapons are all around - bacteria, viruses - perhaps millions of which unknown or poorly studied.

Developing biological weapons won't draw the attention of a chemical, nuclear, or explosives facility - unless you screw up and things start to get all Resident Evil around your house. Their use is also fairly ideal. Viruses and bacteria self-replicate (as well as most parasites, fungi, walking trees - whatever you develop) - so you can unleash a population-destroying pandemic from a small pouch or vial that could easily slip through the explosives screening at airports.

The only problem with biological weapons is the relative lack of biodiversity among humans. The genetic difference between the darkest skinned African and the most pale-skinned Caucasian is less than the difference between siblings. Compared to other species and sub-species on our planet, we are a strangely homogeneous species with little genetic diversity.

That means low selectivity of biological weapons. What kills the Chinese is more than likely going to kill Africans and Irish alike. There may be slightly different rates of infection and various groups that are more or less resistant to infection - but the outright ability to target a given population or locale with a biological weapon is very difficult - barring a far more advanced infection process (such as a retrovirus that doesn't self-replicate but embeds a non-communicable virus into the host's DNA and leads to the killing of those infected with the "carrier" virus).

That said - I'm not all that certain we are looking at a virus or other pathogen in these cases. Many of the symptoms sound like malnutrition. This could be caused by many things (including some kind of infection or disease) - but I think we're looking at the problems generally experienced by the body shutting down, in general (which happens as many diseases wreak havoc on all of the body's systems - Aids, Cancer, etc).

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah
Second... those symptoms are a lot closer to certain acute leukemias than they are to HIV.

I'm inclined to go along with this explanation. China's been undergoing a period of rapid industrialisation with very little in the way of environmental regulation. The original article points towards Shanghai, which is notable for its heavy industry. Excerpt from Shanghai's Wikipedia article : "Shanghai plays a key role in China's heavy industries....Heavy industries accounted for 78% of the gross industrial output in 2009." Furthermore, Shanghai has a notoriously high population density. These two factors would likely lead to a large increase in the amount of pollution and contaminants in the environment, some of which could potentially cause medical conditions such as leukaemia.

A simple way to examine this hypothesis (although it'd never happen due to China's stringent information regulation) would be to cross reference "infection" rates with local industrialisation and population density, to see if there is a correlation between the two.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's weird 'coz I have a book that tells a similar story about AIDS being manufactured (surprise) as a means of population control. Poor china.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kuai137

What if the Chinese govt. are witholding information because they started the epidemic.

What would happen if someone combined this with Avian flu or Swine flu? They would have a pretty much guaranteed pandemic starting.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Liam The Mulder

China has done an effective job of destroying their own population. Their population is on the verge of collapse with the youth (the ones who get it on and make next year's youth) are predominantly males (who are only half of the equation, despite what the fruitcake aisle advertises).

www.brookings.edu...

But the relative size of these three Chinese population groups of 160 million will soon change. As a result of the country’s low fertility rates since the early 1990s, China has already begun experiencing what will become a sustained decline in new entrants into its labor force and in the number of young migrants. The era of uninterrupted supplies of young, cheap Chinese labor is over. The size of the country’s population aged 60 and above, on the other hand, will increase dramatically, growing by 100 million in just 15 years (from 200 million in 2015 to over 300 million by 2030). The number of families with only one child, which is also on a continued rise, only underscores the challenge of supporting the growing numbers of elderly Chinese.

Why should one care about these demographic changes, and why should the overused label “crisis” be attached to such slow-moving developments? The aging of China’s population represents a crisis because its arrival is imminent and inevitable, because its ramifications are huge and long-lasting, and because its effects will be hard to reverse.

China has royally screwed themselves over and there's nothing they, or anyone else, can do about it. Their population will collapse just as certainly as uranium will decay into lead.

China’s demographic changes will also have far-reaching implications for the world economy, which has relied on China as a global factory for the past two decades and more. The changes may also affect international peace and security. An aging population is likely to lead to a more peaceful society. But at the same time, the projected 20 to 30 million Chinese men who will not be able to find wives, due to the country’s decades-long imbalanced sex ratio at birth, may constitute a large group of unhappy, dissatisfied people. Claims that these future bachelors will harbor criminal intentions and a propensity to form invading forces against China’s neighbors are unsubstantiated and overblown. Still, the fact that such a large number of Chinese men will not be able to marry is clearly a serious social concern, and the issue should not be neglected.

I've lectured before on the national security threat this poses. Like it or not - human beings are a resource that, in certain times, can be sought like any other resource.

There are already deeply embedded sex and slave trade industries (mail order brides, anyone?). This is a future market aspect that, admittedly, I had overlooked in some of my previous e-lectures on the issue.

There are also concerns of hostilities arising over, interestingly enough, breeding women.

I know a lot of people want to scoff and self-righteously claim we are "above such primitive ways" - but, let's not kid ourselves - the male drive to 'have a family' (in peaceful, civilized terms) is one of the strongest primal instincts a man feels, aside from satisfying needs like hunger and thirst.

www.asianews.it...

Another source.

factsanddetails.com...

And another.

China has pretty much set itself up to ride a train it doesn't want to ride.

From a population control standpoint - China is a poor target for such hard-kill tactics, as the soft-kill has already doomed the country to a very uncertain (but unpromising) future.

India would be a far better target as they are unlikely to ever implement soft means of population control (government restrictions) and would be more likely to require hard-kill methods to bring them into some arbitrarily established population range.

Look - you all start talking about things being used as population control - I'm going to start breaking out strategic thinking on how such measures would be employed - usually to show you how it doesn't make any sense. Plagues generally cause widespread panic and food shortages - we saw what that has lead to in Egypt, Libya, etc. Even "soft" political restrictions on populations, like in China, have rather powerful consequences later on (as China is going to find out over the coming decades). All of these serve to destabilize society and upset the balance of power in each region (and even across the world).

If you're one of these mythical "ruling classes" - uncertainty and social unrest are generally not what you want. It adds blind corners and unknown factors that can overwhelm your ability to counteract.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is AIDS. China just wants to pretend that the disease doesn't exist there.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kuai137

Good catch - This is very important. Does anyone on ATS know anyone with similar symptoms and negative HIV test results?

beforeitsnews reports that the Chinese government is running studies - no results yet.

Highly Contagious AIDS-Like Disease Spreading in China

...Several Chinese media have recently reported that the Department of Health of Guangdong Province has confirmed that people in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangdong have fallen ill after being infected with an unknown virus. The patients think they have AIDS, but they test negative for HIV.

Guangdong has organized clinical experts, epidemiologists and psychologists to work together on these cases. The Health Ministry has also selected six provinces with more patients, including Beijing, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Hunan, Jiangsu and Guangdong, to conduct epidemiological studies, but there are no results yet, the reports said.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
FYI - Most of the new super-bugs and super-flus jump back and forth between animals and people. Called "zoonoses," these diseases are recognized as the biggest disease threat facing the human species.

Googled "AIDS-like" ...

NYTimes: 1992

Doctors Find AIDS-Like Disease Without H.I.V. Virus Is Growing
Published: July 22, 1992

European and American doctors added new reports today to earlier descriptions of patients with an AIDS-like disease but no detectable evidence of infection with H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS.

The reports raised several possibilities. The new condition, reported in about 30 patients, may be caused by a third variant of H.I.V. Or it may be a deficiency of the immune system caused by some other condition or agent. The new agent might be a microbe or some environmental factor.

American health officials appealed to doctors today to report any similar cases to the Federal Centers for Disease Control. They said the case reports would be used in an intense effort to determine precisely what factors were shared by the men and women with the AIDS-like illness. They said the cases might not be linked. 5 Cases Described

Several researchers have said privately that they believe they have found evidence that patients with the mysterious condition have been infected with previously unidentifed microbes or mutants of H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS. But they have not formally reported their findings.

AIDS-Like Symptoms Threaten Pigs

…“Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome,” or PRRS, has infected some pigs in about 75 percent of American pig herds, according to experts. Vaccines have only partially been effective.

The disease also has been creating a nightmare for many other nations since at least the mid-1980s.

…The PRRS virus is said to primarily attack a pig’s immune system, leaving the body open to a host of other infections, particularly in the lungs. Some pigs develop a chronic infection and become carriers but show no symptoms.

Research reveals that the virus is transmitted via semen, saliva and blood. Those pigs herded closely together and transported at close quarters by trucks may be more susceptible to infection.

Chimps Susceptible To AIDS-Like Disease

It appears that an AIDS-like disease that was considered to be harmless to chimpanzees can infect the apes and kill them as well, researchers reported on Wednesday.

The simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) is considered to be a precursor virus to the AIDS virus, HIV-1.

SIV comes in various forms, most of which are capable of infecting a variety of monkey species in Africa.

Scientists had previously considered SIV was unable to infect and kill apes in similar fashion to HIV in humans.

However, new research published in the British journal Nature, has uncovered the first evidence showing that apes are vulnerable to the disease.

AIDS-like virus new threat to koala

A virus that may weaken the immune system of koalas, similar to HIV in humans, is a new “wild card” among threats facing the species and nearly all koalas in Queensland could already be infected.

Discovered in 2000, the retrovirus is the latest in a series of threats facing the iconic marsupial…

KoRV (koala retrovirus) integrates itself into the animals’ DNA, and may be passed on genetically as well as through direct infection, experts have found, though they are unsure how it is spread.

....Lots more...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalista

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
I have always suspected HIV was a manufactured virus, coded to specifically attack African people, and if you look at the infection rates in Africa they dwarf everywhere else, I know the virus started there, but the expected pandemics in the west never happened, there was infection but the numbers settled more. Yet in Africa it just keeps getting worse and worse.

If this is a HIV mark 2 I feel really sorry for the Chinese people
a sad development and quiet worrying

I've always thought the same!!
To me, HIV was created AND tested by men in Africa. I think there's been a leak somehow and it just spread to what we know now.
It's awful to see what MAN is capable of doing. New technologies - new weapons - new viruses...for only MORE destruction.
When I think about this stuff it always reminds me of this quote from Matrix - brilliant movie btw! > "Humans are the cancer of this planet".
Sadly, I have to agree with it.

Before we all start 'feeling' that AIDS was targeted at African men, let's take a look at the situation objectively. At the time and location where AIDS began, roads were being built through what was previously little travelled land. This created an environment where a large number of men were away from family in an environment where they significantly outnumbered women and thus an increased level of prostitution or multiple men having sex with the same woman. This led to a situation where a scary large percentage of prostitutes became infected. Once the road work was completed, these infected men went back to their families and homes and began seeding the disease there.

Let me compare this to a similar situation in popular American culture. Let's say an AIDS-like disease was existing in Alaskan crab-beds. Like road work, crabbing is very physical labor with lots of cuts and scrapes to provide opportunity for direct blood contact. Many crab workers migrate to Alaska from other areas to work. The Alaskan communities they are based out of have a significant difference in the number of males vs females. Those females would become infected and spread the disease to others. Once crab season was over, those migrant workers would return home to seed the disease in their communities. What would result is something that looks a lot like the dispersion of AIDS worldwide. A very high infection rate in Alaska, high rates in the Western US and Canada, lower rates in the rest of the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe and very low rates elsewhere.

We could easily assume that this crab-version of AIDS was targeted at Western whites if we to just look at the distribution of who was infected. While AIDS may have been targeted, you cannot use the rate of infection as evidence to that effect.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Here's something to watch for: India.

It was just released today that the India Census recorded 1.2 BILLION people living there.

I'm waiting for confirmation one day that there's a new "virus" or disease discovered in India.

I actually read about some new disease in India a couple weeks back but nothing since....

And this new virus in China???? O'well.... anything else that us Humans will have to deal with over the next year or so?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Funnily enough, that was my first thought too - an engineered virus designed to suppress population numbers in China. I don't believe it at all, but I guess I have a conspiracy theorist mindset for such a thought to come to me so soon after reading

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sounds like some symptoms of Radiation Poisoning.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah
I'm not a doctor...but that really doesn't sound like HIV/AIDS. First, you can't get HIV from tears, spit, or sweat. Unless that dude and his wife are banging their two year old, there's no reason for her to have it if it's HIV. Second... those symptoms are a lot closer to certain acute leukemias than they are to HIV.

So whatever it is, it probably isn't a super duper HIV virus. God only knows what the average Chinese person is exposed to in their drinking water, food, and environment on a day to day basis. They did above ground nuclear tests in an area where the jet stream would carry fallout all over China. They're one of the largest importers of actual trash, and the Chinese government has proven time and time again that they really don't give a poo who their industries poison and whether or not anybody knows it happens. I'm willing to bet that it's something they were exposed to in the environment, or something their food was exposed to in the environment, and that the Chinese government probably knows well enough what it is.

I think you missed the sound byte used at the height of popularity, and driving acceptance, of the 'disease'.

The exact words used by the media were EVEN THEIR TEARS ARE LETHAL.

I know because I watched, listened, and wept tears, knowing the expected conditioned responses would take many souls, and utterly spoil culture, on a worldwide, room to room basis. I aver that this stunt was the start of terror raids pulsing like cluster bombs raining throughout living rooms..and that there could now be no end to the horror.

Come on, someone step in and suggest that perhaps 'I did something not too bright'.

That is the exact equivalent of trying to bury someone alive.

I've seen it all. You are judged by the rules you enforce.

media strike again.

edit on 1-6-2012 by davidmann because: don't belong, don't be long. don't belong don't be-long.

edit on 1-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join