It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Aids-like disease found in China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
China had a population of 4.5 billion and then 2.1 billion magically died over the course of three years.
On what information to you base this statement?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Please look at the post I was responding to...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Ah. I see.

In that case, in response to your final question, no there isn't.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In addition, the various efforts by the Chinese CDC, blood samples of 59 patients have been transported overseas, the United States is preparing to carry out laboratory testing

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE

It would have had to have been a typo or a projected figure (although I doubt it with the 1 child policy)

I think we would have heard about roughly 30% of the worlds population going missing...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
China seems a natural breeding ground for new viruses and such.
They have some extremely crowded situations.(understatement of the year)
Farming animal husbandry,living quarters, cities, and pollutions.
It strikes me as kinda convenient that they have been building cities which remain uninhabited but taaken with the depopulation scenario of a plague, maybe the cities are for the survivors of the next few bad plagues.
Just a random thought.
India is even worse off diease wise, and it is slated to beat china population wise by 2030.
Not that far ahead.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
geez what the heck is going on with this govt craziness, dont they think about all of us catching on to these tactics?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i once watched a video interview, and in part of the video interview, this guy started to talk about how the us goverment planned to do something about china, leaking out a virus/flu to kill off a majority or just whipein out the whole population of china in part of everything they got planned behind the scenes.
but i hope that man was just crazy
and that this "New Aids-like disease found in China", gets taken care of..
i could understand that maybe it is to overcrowded over there but
even if that was so, its just sick that theyd do somethin like that to so many people who are just liveing life.
but you know they do say history repeats itself.
and even though they might not do it the way hitler did.
mass geonocide of a population of a certain kind isnt to farfetched these days.
there is already mass killings goin on in a couple countrys across the world now anyways isnt there ?
not nwo type of way but just crazy things going on in wahtever region they are in

also i tried to find that video but its been so long i dont think its even up anymore.
it may have been a year or two ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This, if factual, is truly frightening!

Everyone is talking like its China's problem alone, however if it is as contagious as the article claims this could very quickly turn into the apocalyptic virus we've all been afraid of.

However, the disease seems to be highly contagious and can spread by contact via any bodily fluid—through kissing, shared utensils, sweat, and even protected sex. Once infected, the immune system appears to be attacked, which results in a decrease of white blood cells and the body’s ability to defend against infectious disease and foreign materials.

The only way to contain it would be to prohibit travel to and from China post haste, and even then if it turns serious it would be difficult to keep in check.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HorizonMan

Where are the world health announcements like we had with the swine & bird flue pandemics that never arrived - to much evidence being bandied around for depopulation of the planet - this would be a perfect bio weapon that could be allowed to spread via travel. I haven't heard of any travel restrictions.

We need to keep a close watch on this.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Could this be man made to discourage Chinese from reproducing? Maybe.

Could this be made by nature to to discourage humans from reproducing? Maybe

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well seems like we're goona die soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kuai137

When this place starts reporting on it, worry.

Recombinomics

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonManThe only way to contain it would be to prohibit travel to and from China post haste, and even then if it turns serious it would be difficult to keep in check.

And ban Chinese imports?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Super aids..

Doesn't sound very nice like...

I bet the Chinese made it!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kuai137

The Chinese language stories I and my girlfriend have read (especially those published on sites banned from being accessed from within China) have talked about this briefly but from what I have seen there's been little to no discussion of contagion and some theorist believe it has been due to factors environmental factors or other such things. Given the state of air quality in the larger cites (Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai) and the relatively poor state of air and water quality and food safety in much of China I would believe that as being a likely cause more easily than anything else.

But then again, dense populations breed lots of issues.

Oh, and am I worried sitting here in Yunnan province? Nope. Just another day. I worry more about being run over by nutcase folks driving those evil and completely silent electric scooters on the pedestrian walkway (when they have their own lanes they share with bicycles) or by arrogant drivers in the luxury* cars or taxi drivers who seem to drive as if they get a bonus for hitting peasants...

* you know, now the government here has banned the use of the term "luxury" to describe products here as they believe it will piss off those hundreds of millions who have yet to see any benefit from the new Chinese economy. So stupid.
edit on 2011-4-1 by JustSomeIdiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ebaydan777
geez what the heck is going on with this govt craziness, dont they think about all of us catching on to these tactics?

And what exactly are we planning on doing about it?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSomeIdiot

Actually, my girlfriend now tells me that she has seen this article (well the original Chinese version) and she said it and another she had seen seems reasonably believable. She scoffed at some the ideas presented here though. And no, she's not a party supporter (quite the opposite) and lives in the US (whereas as I live here - yeah, strange).

Anyway, yeah a little worrisome.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
I have always suspected HIV was a manufactured virus, coded to specifically attack African people, and if you look at the infection rates in Africa they dwarf everywhere else, I know the virus started there, but the expected pandemics in the west never happened, there was infection but the numbers settled more. Yet in Africa it just keeps getting worse and worse.

If this is a HIV mark 2 I feel really sorry for the Chinese people
a sad development and quiet worrying

The fact that so many suffer from AIDS in Africa and India has everything to do with men not practising safe sex. You can blame a lack of education and a culture that shuns protection. In Africa's case they still blame bad spirits. I think the obvious reasons are good enough.

Would you say it's also manufactured for gay men, because anal sex is a great transmitter of the disease?

You see my logic.

Yeah I see your logic, though I find it some what flawed
Firstly it affects gay men more because anal sex does pose a greater risk, there if a far greater risk of tearing inside the anus as opposed to inside the vagina allowing bodily fluid to enter the blood stream and increasing the risk to infection.

If your facts about unprotected sex was valid, then why are the major catholic countries like those of south American not at the same high levels? Why has India (which you wrongly stated is high like Africa) not got the same high levels?

Look at this chart at area contamination from the end of 2009, notice the Sub-Saharan Africa (predominately black area) has a 5% infection rate, North Africa and the middle east (predominately Arab) has a 0.2% infection rate, in fact you don't get higher than 0.5% infection ANYWHERE except for Africa or the Caribbean (predominately black though not to the extent of Africa) which has a 1% infection rate

LINK

The evidence would suggest to me that black people are more susceptible to infection from HIV, and my belief is or at least I suspect it was genetically engineered to be that way. These are of course just my opinions and do not constitute proof, but the question must be asked why does it affect black people to a greater degree than any other race? Considering teh amount of unwanted teenage pregnancies I see in my own country (the UK) which is a strong indicator of unprotected sex, it should be rampant here to, yet it is not.

It would be nice to see a study indicating the infection rate among races, rather than just area. That would give a clearer picture, until then it remains a supposition and guess work, but I think my logic is fairly sound

Peace

edit on 1-4-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Could this be man made to discourage Chinese from reproducing? Maybe.

Could you guys go one #ing day before creating a conspiracy?
Jezus Christ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join