It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Cactus Discovered in Roswell (April Fools)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hmm, so here is a bizarre tale from a botanist who discovered a strange life form around an old meteor crater:

He's reaching out to other botanists and scientists in hopes that they can identify it, but he clearly states that he believes it is extraterrestrial!

And it glows, too!

And here's more:

Has an alien cactus been found near Roswell?

David Salman, of High Country Gardens, thinks he may have stumbled across an outer space ambassador to earth.

The sample, which Salman unearthed from an uncharted meteor crater near Roswell, is still being researched to determine if it is of extraterrestrial origin, or just an undocumented cactus that has been growing in the state unnoticed. High Country Gardens tells the story in a news release, quoted below.

"I can't say for sure, but given that it seems to be associated with the meteor, it probably came from outside our solar system," Salman says in a recent video interview released this morning on High Country Gardens' YouTube channel.

Salman says he was on a routine seed-collecting mission west of Roswell - the undisputed locus of extraterrestrial preoccupation since the late 1970s, when the alleged UFO crash of July 8, 1947 was brought to the world's attention - when he was drawn to the unmapped meteor crater by a "faint glow." Closer inspection revealed the light coming from a colony of small cacti yet unfamiliar to Salman, a renowned botanist with some three decades devoted to the horticultural industry.

"Really what, at this point, I'm most interested in is trying to reach out to other botanists or field plant explorers to see if they've come across similar populations elsewhere on the planet, because it's very possible that this meteor that hit near Roswell, perhaps it broke up in the atmosphere and other
Advertisement
pieces maybe crashed in South America or Africa or Eurasia," he says.

An expert on cacti, Salman, who's been carefully observing the exotic species for a year now, still knows very little about them, a fact which further corroborates their otherworldly nature.

www.lcsun-news.com...
edit on Thu Mar 31st 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
omg, why did he not let us see the GLOW ;p

i think he is a bit nuts.. Just my two cent...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Interesting video thanks for sharing, I would like to hear some info about the DNA and chromosome make up of this plant.

EDIT: @ Grifter.be, oh yea i didnt even think of that, he could have showed us one glowing in a dark room or something. hmmmmm

edit on 31-3-2011 by Seabas1123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I think this is an early April fools day joke .
I may be wrong but it's just a feeling

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

I think it was the Roswell aliens before they crashed, they dispatched a pod which crashed and left the crater. Then when the covert government took everything from the site....they didn't look for alien seeds!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That same thought crossed my mind as well. And i wish they would have shown footage of it glowing , if it is not a joke.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
very cool...too bad the video didn't show the bio -luminescence.

If this is indeed true, it gives pan-spermia 100% validity

great find!!

link   
Well i clicked on the link on youtube and got this
www.highcountrygardens.com...

Thanks for helping us welcome our friendly visitors from afar! Oh yeah, happy April Fool's Day.

link   

Originally posted by gortex
I'm sorry but I think this is an early April fools day joke .
I may be wrong but it's just a feeling

Seems like a legit man - About David Salman
Still could be a April Fools Stunt.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Quick squirt it with anti-dandruff shampoo (contains Selenium).

See Evolution movie 2001 www.imdb.com...

edit on 31/3/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Well i clicked on the link on youtube and got this
www.highcountrygardens.com...

Thanks for helping us welcome our friendly visitors from afar! Oh yeah, happy April Fool's Day.

Yeppers...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
why does he assume its alien?

he has no evidence of that except its near a crater.

its it just as likely it could have been irradiated by material from an inbound meteor causes mutation of an existing species.

it seems he has just decided its alien without any evidence and is convincing others, again without any evidence.
what is has is geographical circumstantial evidence.

if i am standing next to a crater, and i am different to people you have seen before... does that make me alien?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"I definately think it's extraterrestrial". What scientist would say this without having the evidence verified by the scientific community?

It's clearly a joke.

April 1 is always a bad day on ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Awesome, is this a joke? It is in hoax...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Not alien , but kinda rare, its also called a Peyote Brujo, or Witch Peyote
Never seen them glow, as I have seen some in its natural habitat in the desert in Mexico.
Said to contain in itself some sort of spirit guide of a different kind than peyote.
Peyote Brujo is not known to have any psychoactive properties, still, some collectors pay good cash for one of them!

Also known asariocarpus, or false peyote!

picture 1

pic 2

plants of the same family here

and a wikipedia entry sadly it has very little info here

Its kinda rare, there are several types of the same Ariocarpus kotschoubeyanus family, no wonder its unidentified.

Btw, I dont believe these plants are extraterrestrial in origin, but EXTRADIMENSIONAL, if you get to know them or spend time near them some will tell you secrets, if you know what I mean!

I spent some time with some desert ethnicities a few years back, I still go back every year to spend time with them, once they die off, in a few years, tons of knowledge will be lost forever, many of the things they do and know will be accounted as mysteries or mere hearsay I'm afraid...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Im sorry but it looks like a living rock cactus, hahaha theres more species than this of rock cacti

www.cactus-art.biz...

A. fissuratus
This one looks like the one in the op's vid.

edit on 31-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Awesome find!!! They remind me more of a fungus than a cactus though , maybe they are some type of arid landscape fungi. And they were glowing.. it was a soft shade of pale green. A black light may intensify it more and would have been nifty if he could have shown us that as well. What I am interested in were the lil white fluffy things that seem to have fallen off the plant.. are they seeds or some type of spores? Hmmmm Also I would have been interested in seeing the roots of the plant itself, they cant have been very big if they were planted in such tiny pots, looks almost like the plant was just attached to the soil.

All I know is that I WANT ONE!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
more info and links

Living rocks of Mexico

the Wikispecies page here

Tons of pictures and info here! from the cactus art website.

source here

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
OK after reading some other posts in this thread I stand corrected.. its a cactus
I still want one and am now off to read all I can about rock cactus!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We hope you have enjoyed our April 1 spoof! We at High Country Gardens created the story to have some fun within our area of expertise to highlight how otherworldly and interesting plant life on Earth can be. We invite you to get in on the joke by visiting www.highcountrygardens.com... and sharing the story with your friends. All hail the alien (looking) cacti!

join