It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Auditor: Border Patrol Can Stop Illegal Entries Along Only 129 Miles of 1,954-Mile Mexican B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Federal Auditor: Border Patrol Can Stop Illegal Entries Along Only 129 Miles of 1,954-Mile Mexican Border

cnsnews.com

Richard M. Stana, director of homeland security and justice issues at the Government Accountability Office

told the Senate Homeland Security Committee yesterday that the federal government can actually prevent or stop illegal entries into the United States along only 129 miles of the 1,954-mile-long U.S.-Mexico border.

Nonetheless, Stana told the committee, the Border Patrol itself says it has established “an acceptable level of control”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here we have the vast majority of the folks in the US wanting the border secured and the federal governments own auditors attest that less than 10% of the border is controlled - yet the DHS will tell you on a regular basis that the border has never been better and that US border towns are safe, despite increased violence.

They further define acceptable border control is when they have the level of security to impact border incursions after they occur. That is like having a security system in your home that tells you when a thief is already in your house boosting your TV.

The country is broke and yet of the money that was to be spent on the border, only 30% of it was actually invested in border control. this is money we want spent, yet they sit on that and get passionate about funding NPR and the NEA.

We are going to spend several billion in this misguided folly in Libya, an action that the majority of the country does either not support or does not understand the objectives of, yet something the majority understands, is easy to solve goes unattended.

If you ever wanted an example of government not responding to the wishes of the citizens of this country, the southern border is it. The border could be controlled inside of a month. Put the military on the border - exactly what the Mexicans do on their Southern Border.

Is it possible for this government to be less responsive? It is no wonder that folks feel disconnected and adrift. They feel disconnected because they are and they feel adrift because our leadership is adrift

cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What will they do shoot all the Mexicans who come to visit? I agee we have a problem. I still havent figured out why SO many Mexicans are allowed to apply and receive Social Secuity. I have nothing against the LEGAL ones but; none the less they shouldnt be murdered for hopping a fence.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
What will they do shoot all the Mexicans who come to visit? I agee we have a problem. I still havent figured out why SO many Mexicans are allowed to apply and receive Social Secuity. I have nothing against the LEGAL ones but; none the less they shouldnt be murdered for hopping a fence.

IMO, the citizens are more concerned with the violence spreading into border towns..
A strong presence on the border is a deterrent
It doesn't mean they'd shoot to kill..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

That's why I couldn't be a lawmaker, I cant be unbiased in many areas. If it were up to me drug dealers would be labeled terrorists and the border patrol would have permission to shoot cartel members on site. I'm sick of the bit**es coming to our country loaded down with dope. Its that same dope that trickles into our neighborhoods and these stupid local drug pushing puss*** think they can do whatever they want, when they want, while they literally poison folks. That's effin terrorism.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Nobody is suggesting that any harm be done to them. I'm quite content with not allowing any more get into the country and if putting troops on the border stops that from happening and it is likely the only thing that will stop that from happening, thats what needs to be done.

As far as the ones that are already here, I certainly want no harm done to them either. Lets round them up, take them to Disney World for the day and simply and respectfully deposit them on the other side of the border.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
....and co ntrary to popular belief they cant prevent a US citizen from re-entering the country if they do not have a passport. Be prepared to be detained until they discover/verify your identity.

Border Patrol is starting ti piss me off, but only because of the idiotic policies in place that protect illegals.

top topics

join