It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 652 - unprecedented in the History of Mankind (July 23, 2004)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
1. sunspot 652 is visible without a telescope

2. the first to conclude that the sun rotates, by observing a sunspot, was Galileo, using the first telescopes.

This means that the events taking place in the sun now are UNPRECEDENTED in the History of Mankind.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Image taken from

www.mysky.org...:16104&group=1

Image taken from

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Also this is very interesting

thegreenman.net.au...

In the course of which it will cause more global warming than the human population has contributed in the last 50 years

LL1

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks MattMarriott, really interesting topic!

BlackJackal, truly great pictures!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
We are now living in the grace time conceded by God. The last part of this period started December 31, 1999, the day Putin became presisdent.
Because God loves Mankind. But it's clear that the grace time is coming to an end now.

Here is an entry point for the timeline of the grace time -
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Don't know if you guys have seen this.

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Nice pic. However, I fail to see how this is unprecedented? What is new here? Sunspots have been visible to the naked eye many times previous to this. I spotted some last summer myself after first receiving my solar filter for my telescope and just using it by itself with no telescope to look at the sun. Then proceeded to take some pics of the sunspots...see here.

www.oaog.ca...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Nice pictures!
You say you took them just with a solar filter and camera?

I presume you connected the filter to the camera lens, but did you use any form of zoom, and what were the settings you used on the camera for the shots?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sun in Real time:

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...
and some up to date movies at:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can also see that the sunspots are no longer pointed directly at us.. as was reported on the 20th.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The pictures are very good.

Large sunspots may be occasionally seen by the unaided eye, with the sun near the horizon and dimmed by thick haze. Early observations of this sort exist, but not much was remembered of them, and when around 1610 they were seen more clearly with the help of the telescope, the discovery came as a great surprise.
Three observers claimed the discovery--Galileo, who risked blindness by looking at the Sun through a telescope, the priest Christopher Scheiner in Germany, who invented the safe observing method of projecting the Sun's image onto a screen, and Johann Fabricius in Holland. After the initial studies, however, interest in sunspots declined, in part because (for reasons still not known) they almost disappeared between 1645 and 1715.

The suns spots have nothing to do with dooms predictions or the end of the world myth. They are natural phenomena of the sun.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out my thread on this.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh my gosh! That sunset pic is freaky! I can't believe how huge this things is!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out my thread on this.

Story has been covered already. Thanks for link.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

"i could see this spot, it is enormous! at first i thought that it was mercury transiting...."

Yet another sign of end times that when arrived (2004) was only noticed by the End Times Prophet
engforum.pravda.ru...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I honestly fail to grasp how this has anything to do with the "end times" proclaimed in revolations. Its a sunspot nothing more nothing less. And what exactly is this grace period you are talking about?? Also the link to the thread in the other forum has been pulled.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't know about that end times nonsense, nevertheless that is one large sunspot. I never saw anything that large in my life on the sun.

Time to get my solar filter mounted on my telescope (I want to see the faces on my neighbors when they see me with my telescope at noon and I tell them I'm looking at the sun).

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I'm sorry but I honestly fail to grasp how this has anything to do with the "end times" proclaimed in revolations. Its a sunspot nothing more nothing less.

"The twisted, tangled magnetic fields over a sunspot [] can suddenly 'snap' into a simpler shape. When that happens, it can release the energy of 2 billion 1-megaton hydrogen bombs going off at once"
www.saao.ac.za...

The bigger the bubble, the bigger the pop.

We've been watching them forever and have accurate records for the past 100 years. They cycle in energy every 10-11 years, but recently the bubbles are getting bigger. Check the news... there have been multiple times since the canadian blackout in 1989, that "one of the largest on record" has been included in the description. Some scientists are even saying that it is amplifying global warming. A linear average of sunspot activity since 1880 definately points upward.

Odd thougt... could space debris have an effect on sunspots?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I'm sorry but I honestly fail to grasp how this has anything to do with the "end times" proclaimed in revolations. Its a sunspot nothing more nothing less. And what exactly is this grace period you are talking about??

don't worry. there is a lot of unfounded and sensational crap that evangelicals spew from their mouths. if they knew their own scriptures, they would know that the last days have been here for thousands of years and that the "end" could be any time. no more now than ever.

seriously, how selfish can a person be to think that they are "the ones" while there have been tons of other events on earth that would indicate a more terrible time? world wide plagues, famine, crusades, etc.

we don't have it all that bad. in fact, we have been living in an incredibly peaceful time and now we seem to be just moving back towards a normal state of increased chaos.

anywho, regarding the sun... i am willing to bet that the sun will settle down dramatically at some point and most of our global warming issues will subside. but will scientists acknowledge their f-up even then? of course not. maybe a couple honorable ones here and there, but you get my point.
daved

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Those sunspots look spooky. The heck with red giants...do we really know the process that leads up to the sun burning out or turning into a red giant?

Are all suns composed of the same matter and structure, or are the composed of different materials like planets are? It make sense to me, that perhaps we really should be considering realistic ways to get off of this planet just in case.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Temperature measured as heated directly by the sun now (10 February 2007): more than 1° higher than ever recorded at this date in Europe.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by TruthIsNeverTooHorrible]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join