It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, does the US have nukes as well?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I hope so, I hope the majority do not share sickboys feelings, only time will tell I suppose.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd27
I hope so, I hope the majority do not share sickboys feelings, only time will tell I suppose.

I'm pretty sure that most people don't share sickboys feelings.

Dude is in a class by himself. Just see his thread about how destroying America with nukes will make the world a better place. He lives up to his name thats for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, even when I went to France one time in the early 80's I noticed the same thing. This was just after the bombing of Libiya when France had denied the use of their airspace. I spent a week there in Nice and Ville Franc. I noticed a large difference between the two. In Nice which is a large city, there was some animosity against the US. But out in the country and in the town of Ville Franc people were angry with the French government for denying the overflight and were very supportive of the US. I guess, just like here, it depends on who you ask and where you are.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Nuclear proliferation is to prevent the spread and further development of nuclear weapons. The objective is to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament and general and complete disarmament.

Complete nuclear disarmament is almost impossible because a rogue or hostile nation could continue to develop and manufacture such weapons. The only possible way to prevent an agressiver from using them is with retaliation of the same force.

There are many reasons to prevent countries like Iran and Iraq from developing and deploying such weapons.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd27
I think that we may have taken this thread off course, I apologize for calling you a "Guinness swilling irishman", it does come off as a bit ignorant, but it was an initial angered (and justified) response to what I percieved as a personal attack. If the rest of the world wants to help change things in this country, instead of calling us all uneducated, please specify that you mean Bush, the majority of us will agree with you. If the rest of the world makes it clear that they are still our friends, we will respond by electing the president we believe will strengthen our strained alliances, but if the world makes us feel that we are irreversibly hated, than Im afraid Bush may very well be re-elected, if anything out of spite and personal anger toward our ex-friends. So hopefully Europe will take a proactive role in changing things here by extending their hand in friendship to the American people, not to Bush.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by jd27]

[edit on 25-7-2004 by jd27]

If a large group of Real Americans decided on an uprising against the current Government in the states, I would be the first one on the cargo ship heading to help, that I can tell you for sure. I don�t hate America or Americans, I see what is going on and I do REALLY fear for your lives, for the fact is weather we like it or not, these people from the middle east are willing to kill themselves to kill you, that�s the biggest sacrifice someone could ever make, weather it be right or wrong, it�s the maddest thing a person could do to his enemy.

This is where the route of my obvious anger comes from.

JFK, enough said.

I can just not believe a significant amount of Americans have not got together and said something like, Right its like this Mr Government, we are not voting anymore for any Government, unless you tell us what happened to our past leader.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I love how SICKBOY always knows what americans should do when it comes to our goverment. Last time I checked Ireland was not perfect Utopia, Ireland's politics must be free of all forms of corruption for him to know what americans should do . Maybe SICKBOY should focus his energy of fixing his own country before he suggest how to fix the problems of another country.

SICKBOY show the rest of the world a perfect goverment in Ireland and im sure we will all follow your example into a perfect world.

A very dark and local war that was fought on the very streets I grew up on, which give me a real (most days to real) understand of what its like to be a child of war, come to Northern Ireland today and see what the craic is. And all because a people (after the Omagh Bomb) stood up and said RIGHT MR GOVERNMENT, KNOCK IT ON THE HEAD, OR YOU WILL BE.

My friends and I took to the streets and held this country and its Government to ransom, we got that sick of the shootings and bombings, the slaughter on the streets, that we took the streets from the very police and army. I have the battle scars at 26 years old to prove it, my fear is, your battle scares are still to come, for it is only when war comes to your own back yard, that you will ever understand the true meaning of the word.

We are far from perfect ShadowXIX, but we don�t live in the authoritarianism rule you do.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
J'a'sus! man dont be dissin' the Guinness! sure tis yee life and soul O'ar!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wasnt dissin Guinness sickboy, its the only beer that is also a meal. But we dont get the good stuff here in the states, ours is watered down.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
But off the topic of super thick pub draughts sickboy, while I dont discount Irelands struggle, to say that we in the USA havent grown up with war in our land would be grossly incorrect. While Im not proud of it, we live in one of the most violent societies in the world. I am about the same age as you (27) and I have grown up in a major city with plenty of violence in my backyard. Where do we start? Gang wars (bloods, crips, etc.), drug turf wars (I live in an area of Phoenix with alot of bikers, and right now the hells angels and mongols are at war over meth sales rights), and oh yeah, US postal workers. Northern Ireland Im sure was a dangerous place, but there are areas in every major city in the US that can be just as dangerous. We live in a heavily armed society, most of us have guns, and we werent strangers to violence in our homeland, even before 9/11, which just added to the ways to die violently in this country. And because this country is so divided by race, religion, gang, nationality, musical preference, etc., we could never unite against the government the way you did in your country, your population consisting mostly of white Irish catholics, were all birds of a feather, making it alot easier to unify for a common cause. And it is also the fact that America is so diverse, that means those who preach hate for America (not you sickboy, because you stated that you dont) also preach hate for the world, because we are the world, every nationality resides here. And as I said before, if people around the world want to see this @$$ of a president voted out, let the American people know we're still your friends, we'll respond in kind.

P.S. Back to the Guinness discussion, what does "sure tis yee life and soul O'ar!" mean? I have to brush up on my 'Irebonics'!

[edit on 26-7-2004 by jd27]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Lets start off shall we....

Firstly, i would like to thank Indy for carrying the torch during my absence, let me asure you that i did not run in fear, i was merely too busy dealing with real life issues to continue bashing my head against a brick wall...but I am back with a vengeance, considering the highly intellectual comments made by Murcielago:

"Wow, Stumason you are one dumb mother!

First of all I would like to know where your from?

Ok, The Daisy cutter is a 12,000 lb bomb, no nuke, no radiation, Only nukes and chemical (dirty Bombs) are to be considered WMD, Terrorists crashed planes into buildings and and killed thousands we don't consider planes WMD.

The US doesn't even have any low yield nuclear weapons (mini nukes). The Military wanted them but Congress didn't like the idea so they cancelled it. That why they created the MOAB, which is 20,000 lb bomb, but that can't penetrate deep baried bunkers so that why now they are developing a 30,000 lb bomb.

Ok, you say that If America gets rid of there nukes everyone else will, wow your stupidity astounds me.

America doesn't bully other nations with there nukes! We will only use our nukes if were nuked apon first.

Stumason i've read alot of your posts and you should not get on this website till about 2 years after you have learned enough where you actually know what the hell ur talkin about."

-Dumb mother? I am not the one obviously not reading my threads correctly. I never stated that the Daisy cutter (BLU82) was nuclear. It is actually a thermobaric weapon which uses a mixture of ammonium nitrate, aluminium powder and polystyrene soap to devastate a large area.

-I concede that i may have missed the latest news with regards to the US attempte to obtain tactical nukes, but on my last checking a few months back this was still the case.

- America only uses its nukes if nuked first? Ahem..... I hate to repeat myself, but YOU ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY TO HAVE USED ONE IN ANGER.

- I am 100% confident in what i am talking about thankyou. I have studied both world wars in great depth (since I was 9) and I do know what i am talking about. I also have military experience. I also am trained in electronic, electrical and telecommunications and probably earn somewhere in the region of $45k at the age of 22, so saying i am a dumb mother #er with no knowledge whatsoever is highly presuptive from someone, who by the sounds of your vicious and personal attacks on posters here, has probably not hit puberty or even been with a girl

In summary Murcielago, why dont you shut the hell up, get YOUR facts right, and leave the intelligent discussion to those who have an intellect higher than that of a doormouse.

Oh, and I am from the UK.... happy? I hope not

Thankyou.............................and goodnight

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok guys keep the insults out of it,

Thanks

Asala

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Goodness, when people rant like that and then call OTHERS immature!!!

sheeeeeeeesh................

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think I was well within my rights to "rant" considering what he had posted about me.

Apologies to anyone else who thought it was misplaced, but the guy needed putting straight.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We all like to rant and rave, but i try to go out on the back porch first!

btw, and extremely off topic, but does anyone remember what tv show it was that did the R.A.N.T. (revolution against neck ties) and R.A.V.E. ( revolt against vulgar encirclements)?

Think it was SNL or maybe SCTV.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT),

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, signed in 1970, is the most widely accepted arms control agreement.

A total of 187 states have now signed the agreement, with exceptions being Cuba, Israel, India, and Pakistan.

The five established nuclear powers - the United States, Russia, China, France and Britain

The treaty obliges the nuclear powers never to transfer their nuclear technology to other countries, and forbids other countries from acquiring nuclear capability.

These countries have all signed the NPT, but they are nevertheless suspected of secretly trying to develop their own nuclear arsenals.

North Korea
Iran
Libya

These countries signed the NPT thats why they are not suppose yo have them.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
No I am not a "stategist", nor am i strategist. I am however a fairly competant student of the events of WW2, and I am confident about what I speak.

I am not here to debate about the reasons behind the decision, the fact is that the decision was made to nuke 2 civilian population centres, with no strategic/military value. They where nuked to force the Japanese into submission, plain and simple.

My point is this; the US is bullying and threatening nations around the globe to stop doing that which itself is taking part in. It is the hypocrosy of the situation which disgusts me. I raised the issue of Hiroshima as an example, because the US is the only country to actually have used nukes, but takes the moral high ground on who it deams fit to have them.

When you are unable to spell even commonly used words, it doesent support your claim to be a very "competant" student of anything; especially of a very complex issue such as WWII. If we had to invade Japan, the losses on both sides would have been extreme. Absolute surrender was a requirement and would have cost a million or more lives. Besides, our bombing of Tokyo was having just as lethal effects on the civilian population. Tokyo was essentially a firestorm.

It is unfortunate that the nuclear weapons were dropped. The alternative was far worse in my opinion. The World was sick of war and yet the Japanese due to their culture and misaligned society, were unable to bring themselves to surrender. A noble pursuit for ancient times and worthy causes....but not a doctrine you pursue after being the aggressor and involving yourself in nearly half a decade of all out warfare.

As far as Don commenting on Bush being a warmonger. I could easily point out Kerry gunning down fleeing villagers during Vietnam. You think he liked to shoot them in the back??? I bet he did. My point is....do you really have to insult Bush in every thread?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join