It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, does the US have nukes as well?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So, do you all still think the US is developing WMD's of our own? I dont know if any civilian actually knows the answer to this, but I would assume at the very least we have a stockpile of them either left over from the Cold War, or ones that were recently developed. I always hear us crying out to other countries to stop developing theirs, but the question still remains. Are we?

Im not asking if we intend to drop them or anything, but do you all think the US is still developing them?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yes, Jazzerman, we definetly have a stockpile of nuclear weapons, thats no secret at all, not to mention chemical and biological weapons the likes we probably dont even want to think about. We are also creating all new weapons I'd imagine, they could even be as far along as to be able to create anti-matter weapons like in sci-fi movies. And Im sure they have highly classified missile defense systems they will soon put into place as well. But the reason we need to keep nukes out of the hands of rogue nations is the terrorism factor obviously, as well as the fact that these volatile countries that have been at war constantly for the last hundred years having nukes means there is a lot more chance of nuclear conflict breaking out (i.e. Pakistan vs. India), and the consequences of that could be very severe (Israel is no exception to this), just raising the chances of a global conflict. Yes we do have nukes, but we dont want to use them, so its important that we prevent any more of these weapons from being created, its bad enough they exist at all. And I dont see in the near future any of the other major nuclear powers doing away with theirs, so in that respect we need ours, whch is unfortunate because if you imagine what it would be like if their were no WMDs, it would be a much more comfortable world.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd27
Not to mention Indy danced around my earlier point that the bomb was the least destructive of the two plans to end the war with Japan, the other being a major chemical attack that wouldve been much more deadly and horrible. The japanese were lucky,

Actually LeMay had plans for a massive, I do mean massive incediary drop over multiple cities that would burned them and thier population to the ground. Think of what happened to Tokyo only magnified 100X. Two cities vs. most of the Japan mainland. Hmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

Originally posted by Murcielago
You can't possibly compare the US to a terrorost group, yes they both have their own agenda's but a US soldier doesn't strap a bomb on his chest and blow them selves up in a crowd of inoccent people. All they want to do is interfere with the economy. They can praise Allah all they want but there fighting a up hill battle that they can't possibly win.

I can absolutely compare us to a terrorist group. No a US soldier doesnt strap a bomb to his chest and blow him/herself up in a crowd of innocent people. We do one better. We just nuke the whole city killing EVERY innocent civilian. That is far worse than the guy who straps a bomb to himself. At least he had the balls to put his life on the line instead of dropping a nuke from a safe distance to kill the civilians.

If I was a General at the time I would have dropped the bombs in a heartbeat because it was necessary at the time. I am not a military strategist but Hitler killing all those folks and Japan as an ally. I would have dropped on Germany also.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

SiCkBoY, stop lumping us Americans in the same category as Bush, how many Bush supporters post on these threads? The majority of us despise the man. But I will not sit around while some Guinness swilling irishman berates my country...
[edit on 24-7-2004 by jd27]

That was about the most stupid approach you could take when answering sickboy, jd27. Practice what you preach. You wail about being lumped into a certain stereotype etc. in the US, yet that is exactly what you choose to do to the outside world. I have seen it many, many times.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I for one will vote for Bush (again).

Cause when he gets pushed he doesn't back down he steps up to the plate and pushes back.

Haha! Mules do the same thing when you try to push them... A good leader knows when to step down and admit his/her wrong doings. There is no shame. One's personal honor (or political gains) should not hinder a country's prosperity or risk thousands of lives...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Whats the matter cargo, the rest of the world can dish it to America, but cannot handle when we retaliate? Sickboy basically stated that we in America are uneducated, violent cowboys. And Im in the wrong, or Im replying using the "most stupid approach" because I take offense at that? Sorry, we're just as entitled to have pride in our country as anybody, and just as entitled to defend it. The best way for people in other countries to make sure Bush is re-elected, is to continue to insult and attempt to verbally belittle our country. Kerry is a good candidate because I believe he can turn the country the right direction and rebuild alliances, but incidents like this when our country is verbally assaulted is enough to make me think just maybe those alliances arent worth rebuilding, and that I believe would be unfortunate for us all. Also, I wasnt "preaching" anything, and I will "practice" the defense of my people who are not uneducated cowboys, we are one of the most powerful and advanced countries in the world. Its too bad the rest of the world seems ignorant to the fact that most of us do not support Bush or his war in Iraq (which is not the fault of our soldiers who are just following orders). But I will defend with ferocity my homeland, and I'm not interested in the least if you think it is the "most stupid approach".

[edit on 25-7-2004 by jd27]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This info is for Indy who contends the US was the only one to use WMD in WWII:
January 30th 1948

It has now become evident that the Japanese attack on Manila included a biological aspect. Thousands of sick people have begun to flood Manila hospitals, many showing clear signs of bubonic plague and some other highly lethal infection. A few, the worst cases, have already begun to die.

February 2nd 1948

With thousands now dead on Luzon from the plague and what has now been identified as anthrax, the U.S. publicly confirms what has been rumored for several days and promises to "hold Japan accountable for its actions". The mass movement of people fleeing Manila has forced the U.S. to quarantine the city, resulting in several instances of rioting and looting as well as clashes between civilians and U.S./Philippine troops enforcing the quarantine. In the countryside around Manila, the plague has taken hold and is flourishing in the squalid camps established by refugees from the city. The U.S. begins shipping massive amounts of medical aid to the area, but there is simply not enough antibiotics to treat everyone.

In the end, some 15,000 Philippine civilians on Luzon will die from inhalation anthrax within the first few days after the Japanese raid and another 50,000 or so will die of the plague in the weeks and months after the raid, putting the total casualties at some 75,000 killed in the immediate weeks following the attack and three times that number wounded or otherwise weakened. Persisting anthrax spores and plague-infected rodents will continue to account for thousands of deaths for years to come. The attack has a psychological 'terror' effect that goes beyond the actual physical deaths.

Info from:www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Whats the matter cargo, the rest of the world can dish it to America, but cannot handle when we retaliate? Sickboy basically stated that we in America are uneducated, violent cowboys. And Im in the wrong, or Im replying using the "most stupid approach" because I take offense at that?

You seem to become what you criticise. Rather than just point out other's failings you mirror them, which can only leave you exposed as a hypocrite. The option was there to not retailiate with the same nonsense sickboy used, but you couldn't resist and had to perpetuate the stereotype slinging match. That makes you no better than him. I know all Americans are not the same. And wouldn't make such ludicrous statements. I am content in the fact that I dont have to resort to lower tactics to "get even". If you were truly solid in your own understanding of your people, you would laugh it off rather than be so sensitive...for a citizen of the most powerful nation on the earth, you sure are touchy about what some foreigner thinks of you. What do you care?

Your approach was stupid because you brought yourself "down" to his level. Because you are American you seem to hold yourself in a much higher regard than the rest of the world, you just showed us that there is nothing special about you, and that you are just like everybody else.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

SiCkBoY, stop lumping us Americans in the same category as Bush, how many Bush supporters post on these threads? The majority of us despise the man. But I will not sit around while some Guinness swilling irishman berates my country, that so many of his ancestors worked so hard to immigrate to. And the current idiotic administration aside, we are still THE superpower of the world so our inferior intelligence must have gotten us somewhere, and we are "GunHo MoFos" as you put it, and its perfectly natural for those who are weaker to grumble behind the back of the strongest guy on the block, so if it makes you feel better go for it.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by jd27]

Ooh Man.

Ooh Ooh Man.

You said "stop lumping us Americans in the same category as Bush, how many Bush supporters post on these threads? The majority of us despise the man"

And then in the same gasp "we are still THE superpower of the world so our inferior intelligence must have gotten us somewhere, and we are "GunHo MoFos" as you put it, and its perfectly natural for those who are weaker to grumble behind the back of the strongest guy on the block"

With words such as, you would go down well in the Bush administration Sir. Sure why dont you just prove my point by touching your keyboard again.

lol

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Cargo, we are just like everybody else, human. And a human, no matter from which country, has the right to fight back, to not turn the other cheek, and maybe I should say do not lump all Americans in a category with me either, because Im sure there are other Americans who would also say that I stooped to sickboys level when used the term "Guinness swilling irishman", which was not meant to say he is in fact that, because I dont know him, but meant as a retaliation to his assertion that we are uneducated, which he is also assuming. And no sickboy, I wouldnt fit well into the Bush administration, Im a democrat, but if youre saying I would because of the fact that I stand up for my country, so be it. And like I said, dont lump all Americans in the same category as me, Im sure there are plenty who will take a slap in the face and say "thank you sir, may I have another?", but not me, not on the streets, and not on the computer.

BTW, sickboy to sum up youre re-retaliation, let me get this straight....Ooh man, Ooh Ooh man, and I would go down well in the Bush administration
simply because I stand up for my country? Thats it? And that comes from somebody with a superior education?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Cargo, we are just like everybody else, human. And a human, no matter from which country, has the right to fight back, to not turn the other cheek, and maybe I should say do not lump all Americans in a category with me either, because Im sure there are other Americans who would also say that I stooped to sickboys level when used the term "Guinness swilling irishman", which was not meant to say he is in fact that, because I dont know him, but meant as a retaliation to his assertion that we are uneducated, which he is also assuming. And no sickboy, I wouldnt fit well into the Bush administration, Im a democrat, but if youre saying I would because of the fact that I stand up for my country, so be it. And like I said, dont lump all Americans in the same category as me, Im sure there are plenty who will take a slap in the face and say "thank you sir, may I have another?", but not me, not on the streets, and not on the computer.

BTW, sickboy to sum up youre re-retaliation, let me get this straight....Ooh man, Ooh Ooh man, and I would go down well in the Bush administration
simply because I stand up for my country? Thats it? And that comes from somebody with a superior education?

It was a summing-up of the thread and your part in it as a whole. While answering the poster Indy (or the lack of) you danced around his very valid points, with the wise words, OMG, how dense are you? I'm also curious how old are you? You sound like a 12 year old This I found extraordinarily interesting, as projecting the image of the current administration, which we all know in the US at this time is in fact the Bush dictatorship.

Now as events have been folding out before the world and people have been observing what is going on in the states right now, It seems to me that you would be a perfect candidate for the Bush administration, as they to do not take onboard other peoples (in their case countries) opinions, apart from delivering arrogant statements to the effects of we are right.

As for my comments about Americans being/seeming unintelligent, this would be the overall thought of most other people in the world right now, and has been the thought of most people in Europe for years.

Standing up for ones country is fine, and I am sure it makes you feel like a real patriot, but if you were to really stand up for it, and do something good for it, in my view you would have to take it down to its very knees.

Then again we all fight fire with fire, and hypocrisy is alive and kicking everywhere, its just the level one uses it that worries some people.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
First off, I was not the one who answered Indys posts with "OMG how dense are you" and "How old are you 12?" please feel free to review the thread. Secondly, I agreed with the rest of the world that the Bush administration was wrong to go to war with Iraq, and that the focus needed to stay on Bin Laden. And its the fact that you say Europe thinks were a bunch of idiots so proudly that is going to be the reason Bush is re-elected, because no matter how much we disagree with him, we will stand behind our country when it is attacked, and its being attacked on more levels than one, and youre one of the attackers. And as long as this continues we are going to be angered and elect the president that will extend the middle finger to countries who oppose us. So you see its a vicious cycle that you are just as guilty of continuing as I. So if you do not wish to be our ally, thats fine with me. I must state however, that when saying Bush will be re-elected, I personally would never vote for him, but Im afraid the rampant anti-americanism in the world will push those on the fence over to Bush.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Puts hand up, Taxi for Sickboy!

lol sorry man i think i was reading to many (never mind threads but forums) tonight.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think that we may have taken this thread off course, I apologize for calling you a "Guinness swilling irishman", it does come off as a bit ignorant, but it was an initial angered (and justified) response to what I percieved as a personal attack. If the rest of the world wants to help change things in this country, instead of calling us all uneducated, please specify that you mean Bush, the majority of us will agree with you. If the rest of the world makes it clear that they are still our friends, we will respond by electing the president we believe will strengthen our strained alliances, but if the world makes us feel that we are irreversibly hated, than Im afraid Bush may very well be re-elected, if anything out of spite and personal anger toward our ex-friends. So hopefully Europe will take a proactive role in changing things here by extending their hand in friendship to the American people, not to Bush.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I love how SICKBOY always knows what americans should do when it comes to our goverment. Last time I checked Ireland was not perfect Utopia, Ireland's politics must be free of all forms of corruption for him to know what americans should do . Maybe SICKBOY should focus his energy of fixing his own country before he suggest how to fix the problems of another country.

SICKBOY show the rest of the world a perfect goverment in Ireland and im sure we will all follow your example into a perfect world.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks shadow, I was beginning to feel like I am the only American on here who gets upset when my country is insulted. I really hope Euros dont really believe that anybody who happens to love America must also then support Bush. America was around before Bush, and will be after Bush. Is Europe truly wishing to sever ties with the country that jumped in and tipped the scales against the Nazi's before they rolled any further over Europe (whatever reasons you want to assign to why we entered the war are irrelevant to the fact that we did, and Europe probably wouldnt be the continent that you judge and insult us from today if we hadnt). Im just glad Im not alone in these feelings.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Also, please don't assume that all europeans hate the US. A large number DO remember what we did in WW2 and the sacrifices we made during the cold war.

And yes I have been to europe. A number of times. And i'll tell you this, when I went to Trondheim in Norway, I never had to buy a beer! Although I did since it is only polite.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I fully agree Montana, it is my hope that the anti-american sentiment will fizzle itself out, together (EU/US) we were an incredibly strong force, it will be a shame if Bush or the terrorists can destroy that. And just curious, have you been to Europe recently, since the whole Iraq thing? And Im not being sarcastic, Im seriously asking.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No, this was before then. However, regardless of the media hype and associated oral excrement that seems to be all we hear, I really don't think the attitudes of ordinary folks have changed a whole lot. In my personal experience dealing with people in other countries, they are a lot like us. They hear all the things that are spouted from the tv and government and believe maybe 25% of what they hear. Also, attitudes and relationships that have been held all their lives don't change over night.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join