It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Obama's approval hits new low

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Poll: Obama's approval hits new low

www.politico.com

President Barack Obama’s approval rating and prospects for reelection have plunged to all-time lows in a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.
Half of the registered voters surveyed for the poll think that the president does not deserve a second term in office, while 41 percent say he does. In another Quinnipiac poll released just four weeks ago, 45 percent said the president did not deserve reelection, while 47 percent said he did.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The decline in support for a second Obama term comes as his approval rating has dropped 4 percentage points since early March, landing at 42 percent – a record low – in the poll released Wednesday. His disapproval rating has risen from 46 percent to 48 percent.

The downward shift may in part be the result of dissatisfaction over U.S involvement in Libya, with 47 percent of those surveyed saying they oppose it. By a margin of 58 percent to 29 percent, registered voters said that Obama has not clearly stated U.S. goals for the mission.

The poll as conducted March 22-28 and surveyed 2,069 registered voters. The error margin is plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. From day one, this empty suit..errr...POTUS has done nothing to rebuild America. All he HAS done, is increase interventionism, break down what America stands for, and do the complete opposite on which he decried. Hows that change workin out for ya? yeah, change we can believe in! BWAHAHAHAH!!!

Can you say ? " One termer"?!! LOL

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
^ Yes?.. and who do you expect to beat Obama?.. lmao.

Anyways, I'm unsure if he's done much to motivate the country post-election but you cannot blame him for shipping hundreds of thousands of jobs over seas and making the U.S a complete consumer nation.

That was done over many administrations.

That is just the beginning.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I didn't vote for him in the first election, as I was only 17... but I followed his campaign. I had high hopes of him, but honestly, I don't think he deserves a second term... It seems all he is doing is exacerbating our situations. ( Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya now, health care, deficit... etc..) We could have left Bush in office, wouldn't have made much difference
that's my opinion at least...
edit on 31-3-2011 by ComplexSimplicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
^ Yes?.. and who do you expect to beat Obama?.. lmao.

Anyways, I'm unsure if he's done much to motivate the country post-election but you cannot blame him for shipping hundreds of thousands of jobs over seas and making the U.S a complete consumer nation.

That was done over many administrations.

That is just the beginning.

Yes the damage was done by past administrations. I agree, but as for someone beating him...easy...Ron Paul. Mr. Paul has gained more momentum than any other candidate since the 2008 primaries. Keep an eye on him...he's a force to be reckoned with...not to mention, his past career in the Senate proves beyond a reasonable doubt, that he is " for the people by the people"!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
When you get "old" you can see things in people truth, lies, hate, greed and so on. These things are also written on every face and spoken in every word. You cant trust a man who looks down his nose when you look him in the eyes.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
When you get "old" you can see things in people truth, lies, hate, greed and so on. These things are also written on every face and spoken in every word. You cant trust a man who looks down his nose when you look him in the eyes.

Thankfully, i have had some good guidance over there years, and didn't have to wait till I got ' old " as you claim. I can generally see the true intentions of this foul~

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Honestly, who can still believe a word out of his mouth? The guy has reneged on all of his promises and stances. He has literally done nothing but make matters worse and keeps the same wheels turning. Who in their right mind would vote for him again? How many numbskulls are we going to elect before we realise it is a bought and paid for system?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Not many people will, according to the data...even if the data is right or wrong, come election time...it will be his demise!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The funny thing is that I myself know of no one personally who voted for him. Some were interested and liked some of what he said, but when they looked into him they turned away. We're older, maybe thats it? WHo knows. SOme of our friends and family voted for McCain.. but a very few. Basically every one of us and most on base had NO clue who to vote for because the choices all sucked. Many of us were at one time hard core dems or hard core repubs.. no more. Havent been in many years.

WHo do you vote for? Theyre all corrupt and liars... no party better than any other.. they just go for the same thing by using different methods and different words. The only reason I like Ron Paul is because the rest of them dont.. and that has to say something.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
The funny thing is that I myself know of no one personally who voted for him. Some were interested and liked some of what he said, but when they looked into him they turned away. We're older, maybe thats it? WHo knows. SOme of our friends and family voted for McCain.. but a very few. Basically every one of us and most on base had NO clue who to vote for because the choices all sucked. Many of us were at one time hard core dems or hard core repubs.. no more. Havent been in many years.

WHo do you vote for? Theyre all corrupt and liars... no party better than any other.. they just go for the same thing by using different methods and different words. The only reason I like Ron Paul is because the rest of them dont.. and that has to say something.

Ron Paul is rather smart....and come election time...the joke will be on them..for not educating themselves!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You do realise that the establishemnt will do everything in it's power to stop Ron paul from gaining the nomination. This is made evident by supposed conservative fox news playing that dirty trick on him that backfired. When that have there stupid discussions on main stream media news on who top running presidential candidates might be Ron paul is sometimes not even mentioned.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

add one more who thinks he doesnt deserve a second term but then agian i never thought he deserved a 1st term.

for all those people who believed the words that came out of his mouth i feel sorry for you i really do..

hes a politican for petes sake they all lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes we live in a democracy where the mob rules when are people going to wake up to the fact that america isnt a democracy its a republic and where the majority has no rights what so ever to deny the right of the minority.

show me where in the declaration of independence or the constitution where it says this country is a democracy our constitutional lawyer president should know that.

however as stupid as the masses are i can see obama winning in 2012 then it will be four more years of the same

meh

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You might want to tone it down a bit with the belly laughs as they seem premature. While 42% may be Obama's "record low", Bush's dipped down into the 20s, and he most certainly captured a second term.

At the moment there is no clear competitor. Fox has, once again, already started poisoning the well for Ron Paul (who appeals more to "conservatives" than "liberals"), and there's no clear candidate to fill that "conservative" void. By the time one figures in democratic, republican, and independent voters... 42% could easily maintain a front running status. Also, it's important to remember that we don't live in a true democracy; we live in a representative republic where the final call comes down to the electoral college, and/or the supreme court's decision.
edit on 3/31/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i agree ......I wonder though? How all those people voted for him are feeling about that change?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by Advantage

Ron Paul is rather smart....and come election time...the joke will be on them..for not educating themselves!

LOL! I was talking about voting for Obama..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

WHo do you vote for? Theyre all corrupt and liars... no party better than any other.. they just go for the same thing by using different methods and different words. The only reason I like Ron Paul is because the rest of them dont.. and that has to say something

I used your above quote to respond too. Clearly you can see I was identifying with Ron Paul, within the text of your own statement.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Living in Chicago, I know how stupid people can be when it comes to voting. The Liberal Democrats who infect the city like a plauge don't learn lessons... they will still vote for criminals.... It sends shivers down my spine, that Obama could win in 2012, he doesn't deserve it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don;t know if you are looking at the reality of the situation. I just heard A Dennis Kucinich asked by wolf Blitzer if he would run against president obama in the 2012 election he siad no. Ofcourse that could change I guess. But know one on the democratic side is going to challenge. At least know one who has any chance. And I think that is interesting topic to talk about why knowone from the democratic side has even thought to challenge Obama. Combine that with his total domination of the black vote. (Even with if you look at the unemployment rate for black youth it will scare you more then a horror movie.)

And lets say Ron doe snot get the republican nomination America will once again fall back into the old paradigm. and people on the democratic side will say you don;t wana a dirty republican in do ya??

All the main Republican candidates besides Ron Paul have too much faults.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Does this suprise anyone in the least bit. Hey obama the easy way to pick up a few percent-point ratings,in less than an hour would be to put one tenth of one hundred percent of the money to fund this war machine we call the miliary industrial complex, back into the U.S. economy, but hey i have too much common sense thus, that wont happen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join