It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5 Fees May Be Coming to an ATM Near You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
were allready paying atm fees in australia a blatent rippoff $2-$5 to check your account , and then you pay fees again to withdraw money ...not right
:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just plan better and be prepared, and you won't have to use another bank's ATM.

Don't think of it as a fee, think of it as a $5 fine for not planning ahead.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jidnum

Yep, I always say: Those overdraft fees are just the only way they can get money out of poor people. Some banks charge up to $35. I'm pretty sure most banks will wave your first overdraft charge as a "courtesy".

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Let them do it.
and the open who dont.
will get all the custermers.
they will lose out.
no one will use them.
so they will have to sell them off.
no one would use there banks then.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Make the transaction fee $500 for all I care. Seriously, the point of an ATM was so the bank did not have to open a new branch and staff it all the odd hours of the day that people currently use their ATM now. It was not just customer convenience but a huge cost savings to the bank itself.

I think it would be rather funny to see how people would just demand more branches open more hours would affect the bottom line for the banks. Failure to give in to customer demands means the customer will close their account and deal with a bank that does listen to the customer demands.

Homeless bankers is the reality TV that I want to see along with Unemployed Politicians. Heck I might even get Cable again in order to watch that line up on a weekly basis.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Obvious Tip of the day: Stay away from banks as much as possible. If you can't, then stay away from credit cards or anything that allows you to spend more than you have.

Shoot, I opened a wells fargo account for 1 reason and 1 reason only, like i mentioned which was to transfer paypal funds to it. When I go to check my balance online I'm bombarded by messages asking me to sign up for overdraft protection. Sorrry! no thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
you put your money in a bank, it is still YOUR money! even though i dislike those commercials, i will quote it, " it's my money, and i want to use it now, with out having to be charged for it!" i DO like calling them banksters, for that is what they are.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by topdog30
Who is paying ATM fees anyways? Find a new bank already!!

The only time I've had to pay ATM fees is if I use my ATM card at a different banks ATM machine. I avoid using other banks ATM machines because of this.

Also, if you don't want to pay the overdraft fee be responsible and don't withdraw money you don't have.

WOW...did you figure that out all by yourself!

WOW...did you figure that out all by yourself!

I can do that too!

What other smarta__ comment you got?
edit on 31-3-2011 by topdog30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I am sure if this goes through this will cause a bank run.

$5 is insane. $50.00 a moth for 10 transactions at your own ATM.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by carbonarc
reply to post by calstorm

I have to agree there will always be people willing to throw there money away, to me this isnt really an issue atms are just another modern convenience we can easily live without .

Its another scam to part you with more of your money and give it to the greedy banksters.

ATM machines save them money, not cost them money.

Back in the early days, I remember bank branches all over the place with the drive through along staffed with 10+ tellers to give you your money. Now, when I drive through the closest one on occasion, there is only 1 or 2 tellers, and and 2 lanes with an atm machine.

Lets get rid of all the ATM machines if their actually such a cost and revert back to more tellers, but that will never happen, because that cost more. Thats more money they would have to pay out and would gouge into their multi million dollar salaries.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
when these things first came out there was no such thing as a fee, and you could use anyones atm machine without problems and again no fees!!!!! it use to be you could goto any bank and cash a check and now you have to have an account with them and if the account is not a certain way or set up a certain way they will charge you for having an account ....ARGH!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
soon none of us will have any money

top topics

<< 1   >>

join