It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask An Astronomer About Nibiru (Planet X, Tyche, etc.) HERE!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

That's the axis.

From the quake, remember?

The axis and the poles are two different things.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If the axis and poles are not linked (as i believe you falsely propose),

Then, why are many professional fishermen and aviators reporting
compass changes by a few degrees?

--------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

Very cool and yes I agree, the news did say there was a slight pole shift....I heard 6inches. An expert says it will take 5000 years to complete the pole shift--which happens only once every couple hundred thousand years. I found some very good info on where to go to SAVE YOUR ASS on what she calls the day of the shift. Not sure about its accuracy, but it's definately a good start:
www.zetatalk.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatgenius1
reply to post by NyxOne
Not sure about its accuracy, but it's definately a good start:www.zetatalk.com...

The zetatalk website is the last place you want to go for information.

Back in 1995, a deluded schizophrenic called Nancy Lieder said she heard voices in her head. Aliens from the planet Zeta Reticuli were talking to her. Giving her messages.
Real soon now, they'd come to earth in their big spaceship diguised as a planet.
Real soon now.
Nibiru would arrive. (Yes, Nancy started the whole Nibiru thing back in 1995.)
The aliens were talking to her, in her head.
They'd be here real soon.
Dates were announced. And nothing happened.
More dates for arrival were announced. And more nothing happened.

We're still waiting.

She's still hearing voices in her head.
zetatalk is her website.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thank you....that's a bit of a shame that the writer is a nut-job. I did however see another post dissaster earth globe and it was similiar to the info at this ladies site. Perhaps he is basing his info on this ladies site. Well, at least the got the mountains right

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

Thank you....that's a bit of a shame that the writer is a nut-job. I did however see another post dissaster earth globe and it was similiar to the info at this ladies site. Perhaps he is basing his info on this ladies site. Well, at least the got the mountains right

Terral?

The guy whose 'predictions', starting with a complete pole shift on March 15th, later, ahem, 'revised' to some time in September, have been completely wrong?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

No, it was Zetta something...here is the link: www.zetatalk.com...
I still think it may be handy to at least read some of the safehavens she suggests. What she suggests for the Rocky mountains and the Great Lakes pretty much fits into what I was thinking too.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thegreatgenius1

The idea of the Nibiru encounter originated with Nancy Lieder, a Wisconsin woman who claims that as a girl she was contacted by gray extraterrestrials called Zetas, who implanted a communications device in her brain. In 1995, she founded the website ZetaTalk to disseminate her ideas.[2] Lieder first came to public attention on internet newsgroups during the build-up to Comet Hale-Bopp's 1997 perihelion. She stated, speaking as the Zetas, that "The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist. It is a fraud, perpetrated by those who would have the teeming masses quiescent until it is too late. Hale-Bopp is nothing more than a distant star, and will draw no closer."[3] She claimed that the Hale-Bopp story was manufactured to distract people from the imminent arrival of a large planetary object, "Planet X", which would soon pass by Earth and destroy civilization.[3] After Hale-Bopp's perihelion revealed it as one of the brightest and longest-observed comets of the last century,[4] Lieder removed the first two sentences of her initial statement from her site, though they can still be found in Google's archives.[3] Her claims eventually made the New York Times.[5]

Lieder described Planet X as roughly four times the size of the Earth, and said that its perigee would occur on May 27, 2003, resulting in the Earth's rotation ceasing for exactly 5.9 terrestrial days. This would be followed by the Earth's pole destabilising in a pole shift (a physical pole shift, with the Earth's pole physically moving, rather than a geomagnetic reversal) caused by magnetic attraction between the Earth's core and the magnetism of the passing planet. This in turn would disrupt the Earth's magnetic core and lead to subsequent displacement of the Earth's crust

Roughly a week before the supposed arrival of Planet X, Lieder appeared on KROQ radio in Los Angeles, and advised listeners to put their pets down in anticipation of the event. When asked if she had done so, she replied that she had, and that "The puppies are in a happy place." She also advised that "A dog makes a good meal".[9] After the 2003 date passed without incident, Lieder said that it was merely a "White Lie ... to fool the establishment,"[10] and said that to disclose the true date would give those in power enough time to declare martial law and trap people in cities during the shift, leading to their deaths.[11]

zetatalk is full of BS and should not be taken seriously

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Thank you very much caf1550. You covered a lot of ground and cleared many things up for me. Zetta is clearly trying to make money off this scenareo.
How do you feel about dissinformation? How can we seperate honest web sites and government dissinformation efforts? Do you/anyone here beleive there are government agents --even on this forum (for example)-- that are discrediting others as a larger government scheme?
Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

edit on 6-4-2011 by thegreatgenius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by caf1550

Thank you very much caf1550. You covered a lot of ground and cleared many things up for me. Zetta is clearly trying to make money off this scenareo.

Or they may be persistently and (honestly) deluded (psychosis.) After almost 10 years of reading her messages, I'm never sure how much she still believes.

How do you feel about dissinformation? How can we seperate honest web sites and government dissinformation efforts?

Get a pair of binoculars and learn to identify objects in the night sky. Learn the constellations. When someone says there's something up there, go look for yourself and check on the astronomy forums.

Do you/anyone here beleive there are government agents --even on this forum (for example)-- that are discrediting others as a larger government scheme?

Why would they bother?

Seriously.

In the grand scheme of things there are FAR greater areas of interest than a website full of speculation and occasional disinformation (like links to Zetatalk.) I suspect that some of them read the news forums (particularly the "breaking news" and the less reported items) and may read the science areas if they're interested. But if you have only 40 hours a week and you're concerned about addressing the issues in Lybia and dealing with problems relating to Mexico or drug dealers in Chicago, this is not the place where you'll go for information. If you wanted to spread disinformation, you'd go to the newspapers and radio stations.

We do see disinformation but it tends to be from people who are more interested in getting money from folks and who can't get radios, etc, to pick up their latest tale. There are many who can't even get any air time on Coast to Coast... and C-to-C isn't that well regarded.

You'd be more effective if you put the story on Fox News.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Here goes everyone:
I have read the oldest book on earth and have gone through it in detail. All the ancient books were locked up in a vault for thousands or years slated as "not fit for societies reading" until the historic book vault was burned down via fire near 600AD. Some books survived--this being one--and seemingly the most important book it is.
It accounts for all previous Nibiru / Earths galaxy orbits. So according to the books count, Nibiru has only once caused a major calamity on earth. If we add in "noah's arc from the bible" that will make 2, but noah's arc was more of a localized event because Nibiru's orbital path changes slightly with each pass through our galaxy.
Just for the record, it's orbit around our Sun in every 3600 earth years = 1 Nibiru Zsar(orbit) and again, only once has caused the great deluge. And I read a great comment below asking if the orbital timeline changes because the universe is expanding (great post!) and one would assume the timeline changes yes, but I am no great astronomer.
Let's get to the meat here:
I will not post the name of the book here unless there is great demand--> Reason: The term "not fit for society" is exactly that. After reading this book and researching its validity and the looming calamaty on earth 2012 (which may be moved forward--according to many timelines to between Aug. 2011-Nov.2011), I littery could not contain my emotions. I still have an overwelming burden burning a hole in my very mental existance every day--not being able to expose my information because of fear of being deemed nuts and getting no backing from my spouse--except being called nuts! Not able to protect my family due to society and government brainwashing making ME out the be the crazy unknowledgeable man! And no one deserves the poison my heart has been fed since reading this ancient book.
I have considered going to my local observatory as well and this is why I am posting here--in hopes you can beat me to the punch and save time for everyone!
- Earthquake and the earth grumbling will happen first (Japan sure knows this well) March 15, 2011, the first galactic allignment occurs (why didn't we hear anything in news about an event this big that happens every 1000years?)
- As Nibiru passes though the asteroid belt, it will slingshot meteors toward our inner galaxy and earth
- 4 days before Nibiru's arrival, it will look like a star in the sky
- when it arrives in our sky, it will block out the sun for 3 days
- in the previous deluge, a tidal wave as high as the clouds swept over the earth and all was covered by water. Only the mountain tops looked like islands from above.
So enough about the bad...here is my question for the astronomer:
1. When going to soho telescope site and looking under the Lasco C3 filter, why an object that looks like Saturn, or potentially Nibiru (my guess) passing by the telescope in opposite directions (Feb 14-28) moving right; (March 1-15) moving left; and then moving to the right again--as we speak? What planet moves in these strange directions.
2. When I take a picture of the sun with my camera (no sun filter and no clouds in the sky), I capture a second Saturn/Nibiru looking object that is exactly the same size as what I see on the Soho telescope site. I turn my camera upside down and take another picture and the object is still in the exact same spot next to the sun--eliminating any non-filter speculation I've seen on the web.

Two questions for you
1) What language was the book written in?
2) Here is a demand: Whats the name of the book? If its so secret you could say just about anything here.

As a wife myself I will have to side with yours and say "NUTS"

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

so what ancient book is this that you speak of and if its so old how did you get your hands on it?

The Kolbrin Bible.

I suspect that's what it is, as the book, whose existence has never been confirmed, had the exact same story behind it.

edit on 6-4-2011 by karen61057 because: wrong member

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by caf1550

Obtained a copy through researching history on the web and downloading pdf copy seemingly freely available on the web. May be folklore like the bible, but as we see, many stories from the bible have now been proven--including the lost city of atlantis recently--exactly where Plato said it was suppose to be.

Ok, do not blame me, or accuse me if you go nuts reading this. Only the strong minded should read this. And instead of wanting to kill yourselves after reading it, allow this to make yourself stronger and more knowledgable in hopes that strong minded, calamity resistant, hearty individuals will help each other through this termoil.

And the books name:
The Lost Book of Enki

Wow, 2002 sure is 'ancient'.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

reply to post by caf1550

Obtained a copy through researching history on the web and downloading pdf copy seemingly freely available on the web. May be folklore like the bible, but as we see, many stories from the bible have now been proven--including the lost city of atlantis recently--exactly where Plato said it was suppose to be.

Ok, do not blame me, or accuse me if you go nuts reading this. Only the strong minded should read this. And instead of wanting to kill yourselves after reading it, allow this to make yourself stronger and more knowledgable in hopes that strong minded, calamity resistant, hearty individuals will help each other through this termoil.

And the books name:
The Lost Book of Enki

Wow, 2002 sure is 'ancient'.

...Yes?

That's when the book was published.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"The Last Book Of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial god" - which appears to be the book being discussed - was written by Zecharia Sitchin, a controversial author greatly intertwined with Nibiru beliefs and ancient astronaut theories. He based it on what he believed or asserted were accurate translations of Sumerian ideograms. His translations and assertions are in doubt.

In a 1979 review of The Twelfth Planet, Roger W. Wescott,[25] Prof. of Anthropology and Linguistics at Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, noted Sitchin's amateurishness with respect to the primacy of the Sumerian language:

Sitchin's linguistics seems at least as amateurish as his anthropology, biology, and astronomy. On p. 370, for example, he maintains that "all the ancient languages . . . including early Chinese . . . stemmed from one primeval source -- Sumerian". Sumerian, of course, is the virtual archetype of what linguistic taxonomists call a language-isolate, meaning a language that does not fall into any of the well-known language-families or exhibit clear cognation with any known language. Even if Sitchin is referring to written rather than to spoken language, it is unlikely that his contention can be persuasively defended, since Sumerian ideograms were preceded by the Azilian and Tartarian signaries of Europe as well as by a variety of script-like notational systems between the Nile and Indus rivers.

en.wikipedia.org...

The scenario outlined by Sitchin, with Nibiru returning to the inner solar system regularly every 3,600 years,

. . . implies an orbit with a semi-major axis of 235 astronomical units, extending from the asteroid belt to twelve times farther beyond the sun than Pluto. Elementary perturbation theory indicates that, under the most favorable circumstances of avoiding close encounters with other planets, no body with such an eccentric orbit would keep the same period for two consecutive passages. Within twelve orbits the object would be either ejected or converted to a short period object. Thus, the failed search for a trans-Plutonian planet by T.C. Van Flandern, of the U.S. Naval Observatory, which Sitchin uses to bolster his thesis, is no support at all.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Lost Book of Enki is only one of 14 books he authored in the ancient astronauts vein.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hi oldcorp I have a follow up question if I could please, This is a list of comets/asteroids now heading our way.
Asteroid 2010 SO16
C/2010X1 Elenin
2005 YU55
Comet Honda
oddly enough all of these will come by the earth in Nov 2011. Perhaps none of these is expected to hit earth, My question is are they expected to hit the Moon or each other? If they collide near earth what impact would that have on us?

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
reply to post by OldCorp

Hi oldcorp I have a follow up question if I could please, This is a list of comets/asteroids now heading our way.
Asteroid 2010 SO16
C/2010X1 Elenin
2005 YU55
Comet Honda
oddly enough all of these will come by the earth in Nov 2011. Perhaps none of these is expected to hit earth, My question is are they expected to hit the Moon or each other? If they collide near earth what impact would that have on us?

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

This is the best, most credible info I've seen yet. Thank you very much. Just to add a little math for people like me:
1(AU) Astronomical Unit = 149 598 000 kilometers

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. I did join the telescope group you have provided the link to. It is very cool and seemingly more accurate. Pain going through the mandatory training they have, but providing a good groundwork and knowledge base before claiming to see strange things.
On that note, I have uploaded the Sun pictures I made refference to previously. These were taken with my cell phone, 8 mega pixel camera in my back yard only seconds apart from each other. I took one picture right-side-up and then turned the camera upside down and took the opposite picture (camera upside down) in order to avoid any non-filter revelation from any of the viewers. My curiousity lies in the secondary, bright objects next to the sun. Please send me your comments, questions, or feedback:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/903963b72a22.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fc271d0ba1b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-4-2011 by thegreatgenius1 because: Uploaded pictures of Sun in ref. to Nibiru, Planex X (or whatever you want to call it)

edit on 7-4-2011 by thegreatgenius1 because: Changed verbage

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Answer: The Lost Book of Enki in English (some others provide historical info within this thread already).
And yes, I may be a little nuts, but she is very unreasonable...both are curable conditions

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. I did join the telescope group you have provided the link to. It is very cool and seemingly more accurate. Pain going through the mandatory training they have, but providing a good groundwork and knowledge base before claiming to see strange things.
On that note, I have uploaded the Sun pictures I made refference to previously. These were taken with my cell phone, 8 mega pixel camera in my back yard only seconds apart from each other. I took one picture right-side-up and then turned the camera upside down and took the opposite picture (camera upside down) in order to avoid any non-filter revelation from any of the viewers. My curiousity lies in the secondary, bright objects next to the sun. Please send me your comments, questions, or feedback:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/903963b72a22.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fc271d0ba1b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-4-2011 by thegreatgenius1 because: Uploaded pictures of Sun in ref. to Nibiru, Planex X (or whatever you want to call it)

edit on 7-4-2011 by thegreatgenius1 because: Changed verbage

Well done, you took photos of a lens flare.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join