It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask An Astronomer About Nibiru (Planet X, Tyche, etc.) HERE!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Every astronomer I've spoken with has offered the same advice regarding the "possibility" of a thing like Nibiru.. they give a discarding smirk, then scoff and in some cases simply do not answer other than with their body language.

I do not see why so many people are pushing to prove or disprove, as if any argument accounts for anything important in life.

Why not forget the arguments and just wait and see if it comes or not?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
reply to post by OldCorp

First off SnF for you! And I have a question about some verbiage on the ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

From NASA's Ephemeris page here is a partial list to see the entire page use the "generate ephemeris" button

Center pole/equ : High-precision EOP model [East-longitude +]
Center radii : 6378.1 x 6378.1 x 6356.8 km [Equator, meridian, pole]
Target primary : Sun [source: DE405]
Interfering body : MOON (Req= 1737.400) km [source: DE405]
Deflecting body : Sun, EARTH [source: DE405]
Deflecting GMs : 1.3271E+11, 3.9860E+05 km^3/s^2
Small perturbers : Ceres, Pallas, Vesta [source: SB405-CPV-2]
Small body GMs : 6.32E+01, 1.43E+01, 1.78E+01 km^3/s^2

Here's my question, What exactly does Interfering body mean? does that denote the comet will crash into the moon? We see that the deflecting bodies are the Sun/earth. Further down we see Small perturbers Ceres, Pallas and Vesta.
Ceres and Pallas are asteroids, but Vesta is a small planet.
You can read more about these heavenly bodies here: www.asi.org...

I didn't understand what "perturbers" were so I looked that up and it means:

Variation in a designated orbit, as of a planet, that results from the influence of one or more external bodies. Gravitational attraction between planets can cause perturbations and cause a planet to deviate from its expected orbit.

Link www.thefreedictionary.com...
So does this mean that Comet Elenin/planet x/Nibiru may have it's orbit or gravitational pull thrown off course in some way? And perhaps head straight for Earth? Can you please ask him to intrepret the text from NASA and tell us all exactly what that all means? Also please visit the link and print out the page and take it with you. Just a suggestion but it's a bunch of numbers and calculations that I'm sure he will understand and hopefully be able to explain.
Again thank you Sir for doing this, I hope it's productive, we know that the comet is real and have NASA's ephemeris to guide you with exact calculations. Cheers!

SWEET! I'm definitely going to include this. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I can not Thank you enough for doing this assignment and reporting back to us. /Cheers for you!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Nibiru is mythological the astronomer said why all the fuss it doesnt exist

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Here is some coordinates....

6h18m10.85s

Now this looks like Nibiru, but I will let you experts decide

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi all,

When will you get back to us with more information?

Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BreezeLike

...what? Its a theorized, elongated orbit within a solar system. Unless the gravitational pull of the sun or the mass of the object changes, its orbit wont change.

Just because the universe is constantly expanding, doesnt mean that galaxies themselves are expanding. They're held together by a large, theorized, black hole in the center. The space in between galaxies is expanding.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
saw some videos on it, all I can tell is that it was sumarian and not greek/roman that began this study

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
if this astronomer thinks its a myth, all these questions may not go very far...he may just say he doesnt know or doesnt acknowledge its existence =/'

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
You can first ask him to find Orion, Jupiter, and Virgo. These are all mythological beings but he shouldn't have any trouble pointing them out through the telescope, or just looking up in the sky.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I saw this the other day, I'm sorry but I don't know where I got the link for it, but the info he gives seems beleivable.
I don't know if it might help.
www.astrolpatriot.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I realize the topic is about Nibiru, however, is there any chance you can get more information regarding Comet Elenin?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Take a look at this:
Spanish Astronomers Claim Dwarf Sun Beyond Pluto

They claim it to be the talked about Niburu (or Nemesis).

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nanny

He is not believable, don't waste time with an actual astronomer with that garbage.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Planet X is suppose to be a brown dwarf with an iron oxide cloud of dust surrounding it, with a "string of pearls" of moons behind it. It is only suppose to be visible in the Infrared spectrum. Does the "Sun Scope" have infrared capabilities? Also, from the rumors I hear, it has past the sun and should be around the Venus orbit plane, just below the elliptic. So, I suppose, check out the sun and see if there are "Artifacts" in the view, such as these String of pearl moons, and/or switch to the infrared spectrum and see if a heat source besides the sun is visible.

On a side note, has anyone checked out Venus lately around 6:00-6:30 am Central. There seems to be a type of blooming effect on it (It looks bigger then usual), but after this time, it goes back to normal. It could be related to the location of Planet X or our dark twin that is suppose to be on the other side of the sun.

Good luck on your search.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Great journalistic reporting. I'm glad someone out there is willing to breach the subject.

One thing to keep in mind though ... especially since he's a skeptic, is that even if you do point the telescope at comet Elenin and see a raging fireball close to the size of Earth ... it may not change anything he believes.

You have to remember that he's an astronomer. Not an astrophysicist or mathematician. He's not going to be able to crunch the numbers and tell you if the comet is going to hit Earth. Or, if it misses Earth, what sort of issues it might cause our planet. He may be able to speculate on some space weather that may be caused by it's passing through our orbit ... but I think that's even a reach.

Regardless, I applaud your effort. And look forward to reading your results.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
That's the problem with the internet sometimes, there's no way to know if what we're reading has some value, or if some yahoo is just writing whatever they want.

In the case of G1.9+0.3, that article is disingenuous. There's no scientific disagreement or controversy over the object. First, it's pretty easy to find out how far away something is, and the idea that there would be some confusion about whether an object is only a few AUs away versus 25,000 light years away isn't likely.

I think we can rule that out as a possible brown dwarf.

The best place to look is for disturbances in orbital paths of other objects. That's how we have found the outer planets and many other things. The biggest problem is, it's hard to see things out there, and a brown dwarf would be nearly impossible to see.

But I believe there is something out there.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer
That rocks!

Here's my question.

Put aside any and all Planet X theories...is there any reason to believe the known, acknowledged comet(s) heading our way will cause some bad destruction? And if there is, do you think NASA would be honest about it?

Only thing that makes me disbelieve Earth will get hit with a deadly asteroid is what Wernher Von Braun said before his death, that the U.S.A. getting hit with an asteroid would be a lie, also he said and alien threat would also be a lie the Government would use as well as terrorist from smaller nations!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone. First post so go easy on me.

I checked the cords of "Tyche" 5h 53m 27s -6 10' 58 on Google Sky www.google.com...

Suprise, Suprise... a big black square.
But then you guys probably already knew that. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I would like to know why the part of sky near Orions Belt is blackened out on Google Sky. Also I have heard that Elenin is traveling through the constellation of Leo towards Virgo so it cannot be in the section blacked out near Orion. But I of course have no proof since my 4 in reflector broke a few years back, not that that would be powerful enough
I now only have some binoculars which are good for nothing mostly.

Also from what I understand, Elenin will be hardly be able to detected now because it is coming towards the Sun therefore the comet tail will only be observable after it swings around and moves towards us.

Also the Dwarf Star is sooo far away it cannot even be detected without infrared. Of course I'm not for sure on that so that would be a great question.

I would love some coordinates on Elenin and The Brown Dwarf

S&F 4U

edit on 1-4-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join