It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask An Astronomer About Nibiru (Planet X, Tyche, etc.) HERE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OK.

I've been trying to set up an interview with the head of Astronomy at the local observatory where they have two telescopes - one a 23" refracting telescope - for a couple of weeks; but he has been "busy" and hasn't returned my phone calls until today (the call I put into his boss may have had something to do with that.)

He has invited me to come to the observatory next week for the interview, and to aim the telescope anywhere I want. The smaller of the two telescopes is configured solely for solar observation; the 23" refractor is for night-time viewing.

I'm a journalist by trade, not an astronomer. You can take what I know about the heavens and MAYBE fill a thimble with the knowledge, and this is where you good people come in. He (the astronomer) has already made it clear to me that he believe Nibiru et al. to be MYTHOLOGICAL in nature, so I need some good questions ready so I can nail down the truth of what is going to happen when - or if - this body passes the Earth.

I've noticed that even among "believers" there is no consensus about this subject, but nevertheless I'm going to select your best questions and present them to him. I'd also like for you to suggest coordinates at which to aim the telescopes so we can see for ourselves what is -or isn't - out there.

After the interview, I will upload the video here on ATS so everyone can see the results for themselves, and hopefully we can put this issue to rest, one way or another.

Cheers,
OC

ETA: This telescope is located in South Carolina. So please take that into account when thinking of your question, as anything in the southern hemisphere will not be observable (so much for proving anything related to the South Pole approach theory.)
edit on 3/31/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can tell you saturn has been looking nice recently, would be good to peak at it.
I hope you can clear a few things up for the Nibiru crowd.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That rocks!

Here's my question.

Put aside any and all Planet X theories...is there any reason to believe the known, acknowledged comet(s) heading our way will cause some bad destruction? And if there is, do you think NASA would be honest about it?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a great idea, well done for setting this up, unfortunately im not sure on co-ordinates or facts/questions
|This could be a great opportunity if we (ats) find some decent co-ordinates and questions
this is a great idea

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can't think of a question yet.
But perhaps you could get him to both aim the telescope out around Juipter and then past Pluto to look.
Then towards the sun because the Nibiru camps are divided.
Some are speculating that this fabled planet is out in deep space meaning that it would still have much longer then 2012 to arrive the other camp is saying it is playing hide and go seek behind the sun.

Would you be able to get digital images made from the telescope and post them here on ATS?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

As far as what I personally believe in unknown planets or ELE type comets/asteroids,
I would really like to know if they are getting any closer to discovering if we are part of a binary star system...?
And what, if any, research are astronomers putting towards finding this out for sure, and what kind of star, (if discovered) could our sister sun be? I always thought a brown dwarf made sense cause they are very dense but aren't easily detected.

Oh I'm so excited for you, wish I could be there. LOL
Good Luck!

edit on 31-3-2011 by SalemsLot because: adding thoughts

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Great idea..., but if you don't see anything, you know there will still be threads claiming it's for real.
I Look forward to the results of your observations. I forgot to add...if you do see something out of the ordinary, you know we will need proof like a photo or something that will verify what you observed.

edit on 31-3-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
S&F for putting this on the board ..... I have no idea where to point the beast, but maybe the southern region somewhere ....My question to the good guy would be ....If he could focus to one point in the universe ,where might it be? ....peace and good searching ...looking forward to the vid ....
edit on 31-3-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here is something you can bring up ...

A recent analysis of a Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) data record spanning 38.7 yr revealed an anomalous increase of the eccentricity e of the lunar orbit. The present-day models of the dissipative phenomena occurring in the interiors of both the Earth and the Moon are not able to explain it. A potentially viable Newtonian candidate would be a trans-Plutonian massive object (Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche) since it, actually, would affect e with a non-vanishing long-term variation. On the other hand, the values for the physical and orbital parameters of such a hypothetical body required to obtain the right order of magnitude for e˙ are completely unrealistic. Moreover, they are in neat disagreement with both the most recent theoretical scenarios envisaging the existence of a distant, planetary-sized body and with the model-independent constraints on them dynamically inferred from planetary motions. Thus, the issue of finding a satisfactorily explanation for the anomalous behavior of the Moon’s eccentricity remains open.

Please print out the PDF (link below) and present it to him. This may not exactly fit in with his expertise, but I would like to get his take on it
(Also be sure to point out the references.)

On the anomalous secular increase of the eccentricity of the orbit
of the Moon

SnF

Peace and Respect,

AS
edit on 31-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf + added

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have a question about planet X. If it orbits around our sun every 3000 years and space is expanding, wouldn't this add a few years to the time we should be expecting this planet?
Is it possible that this planet is just moving at a pace fast enough where we wouldnt see it until the last second?
edit on 31-3-2011 by BreezeLike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

There is no reason to believe that at all.

However, it would be good if you can get him to find it and show you.
He should be able to bang elenin out in that 23"er.
edit on 31-3-2011 by pazcat because: for show

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You might want to consider contacting Marshall Masters. He seems to imply that he knows the exact orbit.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Would you be able to get digital images made from the telescope and post them here on ATS?

That's the whole point of this exercise.

Originally posted by SalemsLot
Oh I'm so excited for you, wish I could be there. LOL
Good Luck!

You, and everyone else WILL be - vicariously.

Originally posted by WeRpeons I forgot to add...if you do see something out of the ordinary, you know we will need proof like a photo or something that will verify what you observed.

Of course.

It doesn't matter to me what the subject matter is, I'm in this business so I can get to the truth of things and share it with the world. So whether I find Planet X/Nibiru/Tyche or not, whatever I find will be posted here on ATS.

Originally posted by AeonStorm
Here is something you can bring up ...

A recent analysis of a Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) data record spanning 38.7 yr revealed an anomalous increase of the eccentricity e of the lunar orbit. The present-day models of the dissipative phenomena occurring in the interiors of both the Earth and the Moon are not able to explain it. A potentially viable Newtonian candidate would be a trans-Plutonian massive object (Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche) since it, actually, would affect e with a non-vanishing long-term variation. On the other hand, the values for the physical and orbital parameters of such a hypothetical body required to obtain the right order of magnitude for e˙ are completely unrealistic. Moreover, they are in neat disagreement with both the most recent theoretical scenarios envisaging the existence of a distant, planetary-sized body and with the model-independent constraints on them dynamically inferred from planetary motions. Thus, the issue of finding a satisfactorily explanation for the anomalous behavior of the Moon’s eccentricity remains open.

Please print out the PDF (link below) and present it to him. This may not exactly fit in with his expertise, but I would like to get his take on it
(Also be sure to point out the references!)

On the anomalous secular increase of the eccentricity of the orbit
of the Moon

SnF

Peace and Respect,

AS
edit on 31-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf + added

Very interesting idea.
I'll download it now.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1questioner
reply to post by OldCorp

You might want to consider contacting Marshall Masters. He seems to imply that he knows the exact orbit.

Sorry, but I don't know who he is. Got a link?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Also here is a link you can provide to the head there: JPL Small-Body Database Browser (C/2010 X1 (Elenin))

Hope that's somewhat helpful.

Here's my question: "Could the moons growing eccentricity be linked to the approach of Comet Elenin?"
If you could ask this that would be great... also feel free to expand on my question OldCorp.

Peace,

AS
edit on 31-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: added + wording

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer
That rocks!

Here's my question.

Put aside any and all Planet X theories...is there any reason to believe the known, acknowledged comet(s) heading our way will cause some bad destruction? And if there is, do you think NASA would be honest about it?

I will ask.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

An embittered ex-CNN reporter, apparently, and a fraud known to tamper with fake images to make them seem genuine.

Truly a reliable source of info.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

An embittered ex-CNN reporter, apparently, and a fraud known to tamper with fake images to make them seem genuine.

Truly a reliable source of info.

Gotcha. Thanks. www.2012hoax.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hi Corp:

Originally posted by OldCorpI've been trying to set up an interview with the head of Astronomy at the local observatory where they have two telescopes - one a 23" refracting telescope - for a couple of weeks; but he has been "busy" and hasn't returned my phone calls until today (the call I put into his boss may have had something to do with that.)

I've noticed that even among "believers" there is no consensus about this subject, but nevertheless I'm going to select your best questions and present them to him. I'd also like for you to suggest coordinates at which to aim the telescopes so we can see for ourselves what is -or isn't - out there ...

Astrolpatriot (link) has been tracking this object for about four years. 11 13 02.3 +03 27 41 GLP Topic Video. Start the video in full screen mode and watch the area that the satellites are orbiting. That is the area that contains the dwarf star in the center of the mini solar system that is using the ELEnin orbit flight path (JPL + my ATS topic). Please try to have your astronomer confirm multiple bodies orbiting this hard-to-see object that I believe to be our approaching brown dwarf star (LUCUS).

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What a great idea!! first i want to thank you for the effort! THANK YOU!!!

i think it would be great to take a closer look at Elenin for 2 reasons, one it would be newer pic than readily available and by finding it you would be able to relay the current locations so that some other astronomers may be able to find it. Second it could put to rest some peoples ideas that it is something more than a comet (or not...lol).

Also if you could ask them some questions in regards to distinguishing the difference beween Planet X / Tyche / Nibiru / Nemesis, because they are NOT all the same subject and people REALLY need to understand that.

Thanks again for your time and effort and i cant wait to see what you are able to come up with while your there!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join