It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Officially Unofficial 2011 Baseball Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Opening Day - WOOT!!!! Go Reds!!!!

Will the Giants repeat? Can the Evil Empire go 0-162(a man can dream, can't he?).

Will Bonds and Clemens go to jail? LOL, well, they are baseball topics....

Will the big four in Philly be enough to overcome the injuries they have now? Will they even be a "big four"? I sure hope not after getting no-hit by those punks in the playoffs last year I'd be cool if they never won a game again. I'd also love to blast them when the Reds and Phils get together.

Enjoy the season.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Sports are for sheep,something to keep your lame mind occupied..stupid sheep.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

now this is just ridiculous.
baseball is a beautiful game.
period.

don't get me wrong, i understand exactly what you mean by that,
but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
edit on 31-3-2011 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973

Trolling is for sheep cuz your lame mind can't come up with anything productive to do.

On topic, I'm looking forward to my Rangers kicking off the season tomorrow. Too bad our rotation stinks.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa, Go Angles!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Red Sox opener tomorrow

I just hope they dont play as poorly as they did in the pre season, but then again they always seem to get off on the wrong foot.....GO Red Sox

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm a little ticked. ESPN let me watch the first two innings of the Padres game then decided I'm too close and should be at the game instead of watching it. I live in Las Freakin' Vegas, FFS! How the hell a game gets blacked ouot here is beyond my understanding.

To boot, last I saw the Reds lost to the Brewers. I figure they were going to be tough this year but it still sucks.

RadicalRebel, don't worry too much about spring training, those games don't count and rarely have any bearing on the actual season.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Trolling is for sheep cuz your lame mind can't come up with anything productive to do.

On topic, I'm looking forward to my Rangers kicking off the season tomorrow. Too bad our rotation stinks.

far superior to my mariners...
LAST PLACE!!!

just give me more than 61 wins.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its going to be a glorious championship season for Red Sox fans. Sports are a distraction, and thank god, because i would have gone batsh!t crazy a long time ago if all i did was research conspiracies...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Watched the Giants/Dodgers game Friday night. As this may be Vin Scully's last year I suggest watching as many games that he does as possible. He's forgotten more games than we, collectively, have probably seen. A true treat to listen to him.

This coming from a Dodger hater(old habits die hard).

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm a Pittsburgh local/ Pirates fan .............................. I know, so sadly I have been void of any baseball joy since '92. I have a family member in the Giants farm system and have followed them since before I even knew him (late 90's) so here's to hoping the giants can do some more winning this year and that the Buc's can maybe break 500%.

P.S. Nebulous Seriously? I get the comment but totally unnecessary to just jump in with a bit like that. not cool

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Have hope. My Reds don't spend money and have put together a pretty good team. I truly want to see Pittsburgh get back to their former greatness, even if it means the Reds have to beat them in the playoffs. Great sports town that deserves a better product than what they have gotten ever since the Killer B's left oh so many years ago.

Heck, if the Marlins can win twice in that time period, ANYONE can, one would think.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Can the Evil Empire go 0-162...

No, but would you settle for 102-60?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just thought i would throw this out there, it covers the whole league and even though MY sox are in a three way tie for last in the whole league im sure they will come back. Hopefully they wont be as bad once they get thier home crowd behind them when we open Fenway this weekend agianst NYY.

MLB Standings

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hmmm. The year of the pitcher, part deux. Already two no-hitters and it seems like there will be more with the way pitchers have been taking no-no's into late innings.

Indians. Royals. Pirates. Who woulda thunk these teams would be as good as they have been? I surely didn't.

I was watching the game when the announcement of OBL's death came out. Seeing all those people chanting made me a little ill. Then having to listen to all the ESPN guys spouting the propaganda about it makes me even more sick.

Not a Dodger fan at all but I do hope they can get McCourt out of there sometime soon. That guy is a tool and should never have owned the team in the first place.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Atlanta's year 1 ABC (After Bobby Cox) is starting to gather some steam. I'm loving the potential of the team this year. Being realistic, the Wild card would be a great achievement for them this season, but next season I think they will probably contend for the NL East crown again.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Enjoying your season this year? It only takes a team twenty years to get out from under the black cloud that not resigning Barry Bonds put you through.

Moving on, I still don't care about Jeter and 3,000. I was hoping we could go forever without a Yankee hitting that plateau.

How about Jim Thome? Hall of Fame or no? I'm unsure, as 600 really isn't the same anymore but it is a game of numbers. Thome hasn't won anything and hasn't played on too many good teams which will play against him in the voting.

I also thought Texas would not do as well without Cliff Lee, guess I was wrong about that one, eh?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Enjoying your season this year? It only takes a team twenty years to get out from under the black cloud that not resigning Barry Bonds put you through.

Moving on, I still don't care about Jeter and 3,000. I was hoping we could go forever without a Yankee hitting that plateau.

How about Jim Thome? Hall of Fame or no? I'm unsure, as 600 really isn't the same anymore but it is a game of numbers. Thome hasn't won anything and hasn't played on too many good teams which will play against him in the voting.

I also thought Texas would not do as well without Cliff Lee, guess I was wrong about that one, eh?

Cheers!

Yeah, who cares about Jeter. I have yet to see his 3000th hit...and hope to never catch it on a highlight reel.

In my opinion, Thome will be a 1st ballot HOFer. Keep in mind that he has never been accused of taking steroids or HGH. And once he reaches 600 HRs, he will be only the 8th person to ever do it...and 2 of those were shady (Bonds & Sosa).

I also thought Texas would do poorly w/o Cliff Lee. It turns out that we have a fairly good starting rotation. If only we could obtain a consistent middle reliever to shore up the bullpen.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Yeah, who cares about Jeter. I have yet to see his 3000th hit...and hope to never catch it on a highlight reel.

Ironically, I happened across this today:

www.jeterfilter.com...

It filters out any mention of Jeter and a warning icon pops up whenever you navigate to a page that mentions him.
Pure greatness!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

That is frakking hilarious! I literally almost fell out of my chair. Seems I'm not the only one who hates the Evil Empire.

I'm still on the fence with Thome. I know he's not part of the supposed steroid crowd but he really haven't been all that great. Never led a team, as the Indians of yore had many great players and he's never really won anything. Sure, there are plenty of guys in the hall that probably don't belong there but even with 600 I don't know. Does he get to the hall for just sticking around for enough years to get 600?

You're probably right, though.

Lastly, WHY OH WHY did they have to show us Brian Wilson in a unitux? My fragile brain is now scarred for life from that image.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join