It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video game Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Was playing some old 8 bit nes last night and thought it was scary how many of the songs were embedded in my head. Now I have and always have been a huge music lover, so naturally this got me thinking about not only the evoultion of Video game music which can be read Here but also simply about how many of those songs were just damn good. Not only as insturments of the game but for just rocking. It made me think of a few games and more so songs that till this day I just love and can not get enough of.

So from songs to soundtracks, composer, Video game cover band or what not if you fell like I do then please take the time to share. I figured I'd start us off with a few ......................

We all know this.

and here's another version

Bionic commando (My favorite NES game. Music from the old and reamke covered in the video.)

Final Fantasy VIII - Balamb garden (I know I spent way to much time on this game especialyl in the school looking for the card players.)

Castlevania symphony of the Night. (I remember just hiding in this game at multiple points just to chill and listen to the music. This track however was my favorite.) AFTERTHOUGHT: You could and still can find Special editions of this for the PSX with a Bonus CD but I haven't seen one on e-bay for awhile. Have not checked either but they were going a year or so ago for $100 + which is understood as the regular game I have seen in collector type stores for around $50

Finally MEGA Ran. Not covers or anything but this dude has a deal with Capcom which lets him make Mega Man specific tunes. He is also performing at the Pittsburgh Tekkoshocon tomorrow night and YES I will be there.

That's all for now but I'm sure I'll be posting more. Get back to me and thanks for listening.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 31/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling, afterthoughts etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
S+F great thread!

my favourite:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Thank you and Star for the Doom theme. All I did was sit in the back of my typing class in 9th grade and play that. I regret it now. Was thinking and def have to put some Wolfenstein tunes in here but Am gonna chill on posting 'em till later gotta make diner for the missus.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 31/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

surprisingly complex

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Wow listening to the mario theme brings back memories,there is nothing quite like that crazy japanese video game music is there!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Metroid. Nice Loved that game it got played last night too. The music was killer especially that track you added. I'll never forget when I finally beat that game fast enough to get the ending where it revealed Samus was a woman. Awesome.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Yeah the nostalgia I get from hearing all these songs is overwhelming sometimes. I spent a lot of time playing Video games. I never bought though owned a ps2, never had an X box or PS3 just stopped basically after PSX. I was a loner child and the 8bit NES was no doubt and by far my best friend. It was just simpler and funner times I suppose

Sorry for the Double posting. bad forum etiqutte.

That is all

Trowa

edit on 31/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Apologizing for a doupble post

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Zelda, very memorable. Orchestrated:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Motorhead had awesome music
kind of late 90s dance - the songs fit the racetracks really well!

edit on 31/3/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Figured I throw some live cuts on here for everyone.

The MiniBosses - Funny thing is how the kids freak out over it.

The Advantage

The Neskimos

Some kid shredding the strider theme. Original first (Another fave)

Kid rocking it in his bedrrom ( could be better but could be a lot worse)

And FINALLY

Double Dragon

Thanks for listening everyone.

That is all

Trowa

top topics

join