It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain could send 5,000 troops to Sudan if needed: army chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Now here is an example that has to be followed by the US and members of the UN to send peace keeping troops to Sudan if needed or if situations don't get better to stop the current genocide and cleansing that are being done in that region. I for one applaud Britain for being ready to commit forces to help suffering people.

Britain stands ready to send 5,000 troops to the violence-wracked Darfur region of Sudan if required, the head of the army, General Sir Michael Jackson, said Friday.
"If need be, we will be able to go to Sudan," Jackson said in an interview with BBC News 24. "I suspect we could put a brigade together very quickly indeed."
Asked how many troops that would entail, he replied: "Five thousand."

5.000 Troops ready to go to Sudan

[edit on 23-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
yep, we might have a small and under funded army, but they are some of the best around (my dad was one) and will do a fantastic job stopping those psycho Janjaweed from killing the civilians

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Those 5,000 UK troops would do a better job than 25,000 UN peace keepers. Not like the UN will send troops anytime soon, maybe after someone eles stops the killing some UN troops will come in and mess everthing up.

join