It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Huckabee wants ALL Americans to be Indoctrinated at Gunpoint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Every politician is just trying to destroy people who dont think like them. It comes with the territory.

By definition everyone in government and everyone participating in government is authoritarian.

Politics is just about who gets to step on who's head. Regardless of who wins the race your head is going to get stepped on.

Anyone playing partisan is either too stupid to realize cheerleading for their team isnt helping anything or they are taking pleasure when "their guy" gets to step on heads. Political fanboys are either retarded or sadistic. Why should my life be run by retards and sadists?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What the hell is going on in this thread.
Are we afraid to actually debunk
David Barton's ideas?

Watching members shadow box
with the images and shadows of soundbits
is just reprehisible. Or are we scared little children.

So there it is.
Prove what Barton says is false,
or continue to let sound bites rule America.

The choice is ours.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
So there it is.
Prove what Barton says is false,
or continue to let sound bites rule America.

He starts off with an argument that identifies the christians that signed the DOI. Their religiosity is irrelevant. What is relevant is that no christianity appears in the DOI. Or the Constitution. When religion is mentioned in any of our founding documents it's only to instruct the government what it cannot do.

We need to pay no heed to these history revisionists and keep zealots like Huckabee away from government.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
He starts off with an argument that identifies the christians that signed the DOI. Their religiosity is irrelevant. What is relevant is that no christianity appears in the DOI. Or the Constitution. When religion is mentioned in any of our founding documents it's only to instruct the government what it cannot do.

Now [color=gold]this is an argument that has legs.

For anyone who still might not be getting it,
Quit letting the headline define the scope of the discussion.
Critical commentary on the foundations of those sound bites is both
more effective, and more lasting. And further it can usually be used to knock out the next sound bite.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I actually like some of Huckabee's fiscal ideas but his brand of Christian Fascism scares the absolute bejesus out of me. Besides he looks goofy.

His bass playing sucks and that phony attempt at being "hip" is just so lame.

www.youtube.com...

Please don't shoot me Mr Huckabee but I think you are a geeky poser. You will probably get elected though; the American electorate is a sucker for that type of folksy demeanor.

I think I would rather see Palin as president. At least she is just psychotic and not a charlatan like you Mr Huckabee.
edit on 31-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One wonders why the MSM hasn't put this out? It was clearly tongue-in-cheek but that's a career killer if ever I saw one.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

The thought of someone like Huckabee becoming president sends cold chills down my spine.

Though I agree with your sentiments about Huckabee, your above quote should also send cold chills down your spine with the current POTUS. Yeah, Huckabee makes an asinine comment, but Obama, who has yet to show his birth certificate, and invades his own Muslim Brotherhood, is no different. Regardless, interesting times we live in.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

Sorry but this post irks me. Not because its Huckabee bashing... If you dont like him, dont vote for him. But because of your outrageous claim of a religion, in this case, Christianity, being "supremecist" On what grounds do you make this unfounded accusation? That its a Christian gathering? If by that logic you are claiming Christians are supremecists, then Muslims are terrorists. Neither is true and neither is your claim. I come to ATS for something with a little more substance than this. Save the political bashing for another forum.

Thank you

Uh, how much more supremacist do you need than "I want to force people to listen to my religious message at gunpoint so it can completely take over the world"? I don't think he said all Christians thought that way, but I don't see how you can interpret that statement, even metaphorically, as anything other than an overt assertion of the desire for Christian supremacy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Tongue and cheek humor is only accepted by the masses these days if it comes from the Obama/Biden camp. Period. Everything they say and get called on is either a joke or simple misspeak.

Huckabee is harmless. The move to secularize the nation scares me more with each and every attempt to strip Christianity from this nation's history and its future. Do you want you kids only associating Easter with stuffed bunnies and candy? That's all it amounts to these days. Reshape this nation my ass!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

agreed that huckabee is harmless the exact quote " i almost wish" unlike when obama and the left you know people who actually are elected officials for the american public at gunpoint for healthcare.

i find it soo funny that they are afraid of christians christians are the most evil people in the world if you ask them.

maybe this country wouldnt be so screwed up if that had a little religon the country we live in has no moral or ethics and everyone sees it on display every single day in america

there is no definitions of right and wrong anymore anything goes liberal politicians can do anything and say anything but thats ok the right or the religious right is evil incarnate in this country.

meh

edit on 31-3-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I was just wondering where I would be left in Mike Huckabees Christian nation. I do not believe that there is a God. Where would my place be in a Christian America? Would I be an outcast? Would I have less rights? Would I be forced to swear on a Bible? Would I be forced to enter government buildings with the Ten Commandments on the front of them?

Where would my place be in the Christian New World Order? Is there even room for me?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I hope he remembers the parts in the Bible about usury, but probably not.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I was just wondering where I would be left in Mike Huckabees Christian nation. I do not believe that there is a God. Where would my place be in a Christian America? Would I be an outcast? Would I have less rights? Would I be forced to swear on a Bible? Would I be forced to enter government buildings with the Ten Commandments on the front of them?

Where would my place be in the Christian New World Order? Is there even room for me?

Even with the current administration, the US is an extremely religious country compared to the countries in Europe. There is nothing wrong with practicing religion. But, please don't shove it down others throats, especially children.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I'm no fan of Huckabee, either as a model christian or as a politician.
This is clearly a case of making a tongue-in-cheek joke, nothing more.
Or perhaps audiences now laugh spontaneously at death threats.

I agree

I despise Huck as a politicion, christion.....hell even as a person and I dont buy into the whole left/right con game

But a joke is a joke..........even from him

<< 1   >>

join