It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of The Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Who says this exactly?

Anyway it isn't aliens inside the moon, it is Elvis and Princess Di. Oh, and some Nazis.

How far behind are you in your reading?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
People are getting way off topic here. This isnt about the moon having a dark side its about whats on the far side damnit! Youre debunking the wrong thing!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Dark side of the moon is a pink Floyd Album, a classic! No aliens but some excellent Music!

The only thing on the unseen side of the moon is................More of the moon! sorry to dissappoint.

[edit on 052828p://42025 by instar]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
Is there life on that side of the moon?
I believe so.

I'm not saying that it's not possible that there's life on the far side of the moon. It is, after all, a natural staging area for any race that might be doing research on Earth - close and hidden. I have seen articles and photos claiming to be of structures on the far side of the moon, but with the exception of two, I wasn't able to really see anything besides craters and dust (admittedly, the photos were quite blurry, so seeing what they were talking about was difficult at best).

It is said that when a satellite hit the moon they were shocked at how the sound resonated throughout the moon as if it were hollow.

I haven't heard anything about this. Would you mind naming a source? I've been interested in space travel and the moon since I was a child, and like to think I keep reasonably up to date regarding reliable, published facts on these subjects. I still haven't heard of this.

It is also said that there is much activity around the moon's craters. I have read this from different sources.

I've seen the alledged transcripts of the Apollo flight as well as interviews with Armstrong regarding this. I'm still a little on the fence about it, though. Certainly not impossible, but not containing enough proof for me to firmly believe it either.

The moon is one billion years older than the Earth

This is not hard fact. Fact is, we can't prove it.

From pubs.usgs.gov...

An interesting feature of these ancient rocks is that they are not from any sort of "primordial crust" but are lava flows and sediments deposited in shallow water, an indication that Earth history began well before these rocks were deposited. In Western Australia, single zircon crystals found in younger sedimentary rocks have radiometric ages of as much as 4.3 billion years, making these tiny crystals the oldest materials to be found on Earth so far. The source rocks for these zircon crystals have not yet been found. The ages measured for Earth's oldest rocks and oldest crystals show that the Earth is at least 4.3 billion years in age but do not reveal the exact age of Earth's formation.

The Moon is a more primitive planet than Earth because it has not been disturbed by plate tectonics; thus, some of its more ancient rocks are more plentiful. Only a small number of rocks were returned to Earth by the six Apollo and three Luna missions. These rocks vary greatly in age, a reflection of their different ages of formation and their subsequent histories. The oldest dated moon rocks, however, have ages between 4.4 and 4.5 billion years and provide a minimum age for the formation of our nearest planetary neighbor.

According to data collected by the US Geological Survey, the Earth and Moon were created at roughly the same time. The USGS also states that this is, in part, based on specualtion and educated guesses.

It was seen by astronauts of yesterday as a spaceship to study and visit the Earth. This may be true.

Once again, this is based on speculation with no hard fact to back it up. Fact is, when we first visited the moon, we had little knowledge of what to expect, except for the tiny bit of data collected from unmanned missions to the moon, and observation from terrestrial observatories.

Most critics have a arguement simply based on disbeleif but have no substance on which they can say it isn't.

And most believers have arguments based on speculation, but have no substance on which to say it's true.

Actually it makes sense that the moon is a spaceship. Where does the U.F.Os on Earth come from so frequently? Maybe the moon actually is a hollow planetoid. After all, aliens were intelligent enough to bring a dead rock to life we call Earth but can't bring a moon halfway through?

This is all speculation again. In order to believe this, one must assume that aliens are actually visiting us (which, I believe that they are, but with no fact to back it up, it's just speculation, and therefore cannot be proven). One must also assume that it was an alien race that created life on this planet, and there is no proof to support or debunk that theory either.

I'm sorry for playing the skeptic in all of this, because I'd really like to believe that something like this really exists. However, it irks me to no end when people speculate on the possibilities and state it as hard fact. Everything that is discussed in here is based on speculation. The hard fact will come when the aliens are giving humans joy rides in their spacecraft, and advertizing for this on TV. When I can go down the street to "Crazy Xynquatyl's Alien Electronics" and buy an interplanetary radio and a ray gun from a Gray, then I'll believe without a doubt.

Until then, call me a skeptic who really wants to be able to believe.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by obsidian468]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I won't say that there's nothing there. I don't know, I've never been there to see, or not see anything. I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

But I've seen enough evidence over the years to believe that there are artificial structures up there. Alien structures? Possible, but my own theory is that they are man made. Not by us, but by a past resident of Earth. Some say there have been civilizations before us, and there will be more after we blow ourselves up. So my guess is that they were built by a past civiliaztion who managed to hang around long enough to become that advanced before something catestophic happened to them.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
the so called Dark Side of the Moon is a place I am hoping to OOBE to........maybe if I place pics of the moon in my bedroom I can achieve this goal.

I wouldnt be surprised a bit to find living creatures hanging out there, just to keep an eye on us all here.....

Anyway, I can just hope SOMEDAY we will have such answers.......

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
the so called Dark Side of the Moon is a place I am hoping to OOBE to....

Hey RG,

When you have a chance, please visit my thread here, as I am explicitly requesting input from people with abilities such as yours.

Thx...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Yes, it's been debunked. There is no dark side of the moon, only the backside. There is and never was alien bases, nazi bases, or grey bases. This is all credited to really bored nasa employees during the 1969 shuttle launch. And the moon is really made out of cheese, venus is made out of black cherry icecream. And neptune is made out of blue shampoo

Man's mind will cease to function, his eyes see only darkness and his ears will hear only silence, should he ever be confronted with evidence that he is not the supreme of all beings in the universe.

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
Aw and here I was expecting something on Pink Floyd
. Seriously though i've seen plenty of pictures of the moon, none suggesting any sort of alien base. How long until someone claims there's an alien base of Titan or wait has that already been a subject?

So was I! Whats wrong with kids today? No friggin musical appreciation!

The Darkside of the Moon exists, and Im listening to it right now!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is Off Topic But:

Never wear a Pink Floyd Shirt to School. A teacher assumed that I was a druggie because I listen to Pink Floyd lol

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The first link is images of the far side of the moon
images.search.yahoo.com...

This one is a site about the possibility of alien civilization on the moon.
www.ufocasebook.com...

good reading

Also Pink Floyd was right. At the end of the one song they say "There really is no dark side of the moon. As a matter of fact its all dark. The only thing that makes it look alight is the sun" Taken from this site www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here is the moon base "LUNA"

Its the US navy's site so all you "SCOFFERS" can arguee with the navy over its credibilty......

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Set resolution to 1 pixel=1 kilometer.

Set latitude to -2, longitude to 311

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil... Long&sensor=UVVIS&filter=415_nm

Here is the image h4es refering to. It appears to be a structure of some sort at first glance. However it could also be anything.

Any of you photoshop wizards wanna examine it to get a better idea of what is in this image? It could very well put some arguements to rest, or bring in new questions.

I myself cannot state for sure it is indeed a base, since Im no imaging expert, and would not know how to examine such an image to measure or find out what that thing is.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, I just Viewed that image and literally my jaw dropped.. I need to find a way to hack Hubble and view it myself....but I think a "Navy" website is credible.
I think thats a pretty good size rectangle if you ask me.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by aymbt]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This website should just gather funds to put our own satellite in space to solve this mystery. It's the only way. Another thing. All you guys that are always skeptics are much further from the truth than true information analyzers. There is a difference between a skeptic and realist. A skeptic generally, but not all, have a limited view and bleak perception based on his beleifs that were not formed even by himself. A realist judges the facts and weighs the substance of reality in the issue at hand. If aliens are here and they visit us regularly they must have some base near Earth or in Earth. We know for fact that we are not allowed to hear conversations between NASA and astronauts because the astronauts did mention seeing spaceships. Matter of fact, they were cut off right after mentioning a space ship. The real mystery is on the far side of the moon but I don't think our government is interested in stepping foot on the moon. There can be no militarization in space because no Nation is allowed to claim objects in space as territory. It is an international law. Maybe to hinder a race. Or Maybe not to upset what may be inhabiting the moon. We don't know for sure. After all there has been much activity recorded going on in the moon from astronauts of the 1800s and earlier. They believed moon was a hollow spaceship made for studying Earth. Until some one step foreward in their own studies. Who will ever know? When the booster rocket fell off of Apollo 12 a sound resonated throughout the moon for several minutes like a bell. This is something it self

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
when you raise the funds for our own sat. let me know i want to view mt. Ararat so i can find Noah's ark as well

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm surprised this hasn't been pointed out but that album by Floyd answers all your questions about the dark side of the moon. At the end of the last song, turn the volume up real loud and you will hear your answers. "there is no dark side of the moon. afterall, it's all dark"

I had to answer the age old question which side of the moon is dark for a fraternity pledging thing and it took me forever to figure out where to find it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe the moon-base photo quoted above as real, although it would be fun. What are the chances of a moon-base being photographed from an orbiting satellite being so perfectly aligned with, and indeed, lined up along one of the images scan-lines? I would find that nearly impossible to belive. It must be a pixellation-pull or some ofther electronic anomaly.

No other explaination for the "moon-base" alignment in the photo.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"When the booster rocket fell off of Apollo 12 a sound resonated throughout the moon for several minutes like a bell. This is something it self"

How was the sound setected in the vacuum of space? was there somebody on the surface feeling it? were there sound detection devices on the surface?

Just wondering...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It didn't go into details as to how they heard it but it certainly was heard. Your a bit late if you still don't know that their is sound in space. We have technology that regularly listen to the sounds in space. Gas exist in space as it does on Earth but is far more dense. There sound certainly exist in space.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join