It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of The Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have heard rumors about the dark side of the moon, and that it is never viewable from earth, and I have heard everything from there being underground bases, to it being a secret Nazi base, to it being a Grey base in which they even have hybrid humans there...

I was curious as to what your opinions are.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi!

As far as i know the dark side of the moon is called that as it can only be seen by flying around the moon in a shuttle! I think it has a -300 degree diffrence in temp and if you watch Apollo 13, you'll now what i'm on about.

As for the rumours...

Someone has been taking the wrong tablets again!!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Lysergic, check this out....

click me

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenStar
Hi!

As far as i know the dark side of the moon is called that as it can only be seen by flying around the moon in a shuttle!

Nope. Sometimes, but just sometimes, you can see it.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be called the dark-side of the moon, because it's the side we can't see? If it is viewable, from which time's through the season or night can it be seen?

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I read in a book called "Bad Astronomy" that there is no actual dark side of the moon... But I don't remeber the explanation...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A person of 'Disclosure Project' says he has seen pictures of an (the?) alienbase on the 'dark side of the moon'.

He also told this on the fifth of may 2001 during the press conference they held.

Press conference (realmediaplayer needed):

www.angelfire.com...

Don't know about when he's speaking, you'll have to watch all the 165 minutes..

ed/ or maybe the 9th of may

[Edited on 26-3-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I read in a book called "Bad Astronomy" that there is no actual dark side of the moon... But I don't remeber the explanation...

The quick answer is that the moon rotates (like the earth) at a speed that keeps the same face towards the earth. Therefore the "dark side" will be in full view of the suns rays at various times during its orbit.

Or something like that.......

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have heard and read about rumnors about a Nazi base there, and American, and even Russian ones too. There are aslo pics of what are supposed to be alien buildings and ships. I'll try to find them again.

jra

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
there is no dark side of the moon. yes one side always faces earth because of how the moon rotates, but as it rotates around earth some days it's sunny on one side and dark on the side that faces us... hence us sometimes having a half moon or a quarter moon etc.

so what you should be calling it is the far side of the moon. not the dark side.

as for nazi's on the moon.. sounds like something from a comic book

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There's plenty of pictures of the far side of the moon by both the US astronauts and the Russian cosmonauts. It was mapped back in the 1960's and you can buy some very cool maps of it from various sources.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
From The Straight Dope:

"There is no "dark side of the moon," the popular expression notwithstanding. All of the moon is illuminated at some point during the month-long lunar day. It's just that we can't see when it's high noon on the back side."

Read on - www.straightdope.com...

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by marko]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yes, it's been debunked. There is no dark side of the moon, only the backside. There is and never was alien bases, nazi bases, or grey bases. This is all credited to really bored nasa employees during the 1969 shuttle launch. And the moon is really made out of cheese, venus is made out of black cherry icecream. And neptune is made out of blue shampoo

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
this has been covered ill find link
heres one
www.abovetopsecret.com...
look at what i posted to see the base from navys website....

[edit on 6-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenStar

As far as i know the dark side of the moon is called that as it can only be seen by flying around the moon in a shuttle!

You cant fly around the moon in the Space Shuttle!! Where do people get there education nowdays? Captain Crunch box tops?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Aw and here I was expecting something on Pink Floyd
. Seriously though i've seen plenty of pictures of the moon, none suggesting any sort of alien base. How long until someone claims there's an alien base of Titan or wait has that already been a subject?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
why couldnt you orbit moon with shuttle?

and there is a base on moon, if you took the time to look at the link i posted you could see it for yourself then critisize it, or critisize the US NAVY and say they are full of it........

what say you now?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I found this. www.informantnews.com...

A NOAH'S ARK?

If you are going to launch an artificial sputnik, then it is advisable to make it hollow. At the same time it would be naive to imagine that anyone capable of such a tremendous space project would be satisfied simply with some kind of giant empty trunk hurled into a near-Earth trajectory.

It is more likely that what we have here is a very ancient spaceship, the interior of which was filled with fuel for the engines, materials and appliances for repair work, navigation, instruments, observation equipment and all manner of machinery... in other words, everything necessary to enable this "caravelle of the Universe" to serve as a kind of Noah's Ark of intelligence, perhaps even as the home of a whole civilisation envisaging a prolonged (thousands of millions of years) existence and long wanderings through space (thousands of millions of miles).

Naturally, the hull of such a spaceship must be super-tough in order to stand up to the blows of meteorites and sharp fluctuations between extreme heat and extreme cold. Probably the shell is a double-layered affair--the basis a dense armouring of about 20 miles in thickness, and outside it some kind of more loosely packed covering (a thinner layer--averaging about three miles). In certain areas--where the lunar "seas" and "craters" are, the upper layer is quite thin, in some cases, non-existent.

Honestly, after reading it, I think it has to be the absolute, most far fetched story I've ever read. Now, I'm generally very open minded about things, but please, at least give some sort of context that makes it at least *remotely* plausible.

This all sounds like the basis for some low-budget Sci-Fi film released straight to video.

The moon is a hollow spacecraft, containing millions of members of an alien race, and extremely high technology - the most advanced spacecraft ever.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You guys are clearly missing the point. He is asking about what is on the side of the moon that never faces Earth. He is reffering to it as the "Dark Side of the Moon". It is the side that never faces the Earth but it isn't always dark because it rotates around Earth therefore, the unseen side does get it's fair share of sunlight.. Is there life on that side of the moon?
I believe so. It is the ONLY moon that orbits a planet but does not rotate. It acts as a satellite because it orbits in a perfect circle around the Earth at a fixed distance. It is said that when a satellite hit the moon they were shocked at how the sound resonated throughout the moon as if it were hollow. It is also said that there is much activity around the moon's craters. I have read this from different sources. The fact is if you stare at the moon you can't expect to see anything on the side face us but you must have some sort of satellite to fully view the unseen side. The moon is one billion years older than the Earth It was seen by astronauts of yesterday as a spaceship to study and visit the Earth. This may be true. Most critics have a arguement simply based on disbeleif but have no substance on which they can say it isn't. Actually it makes sense that the moon is a spaceship. Where does the U.F.Os on Earth come from so frequently? Maybe the moon actually is a hollow planetoid. After all, aliens were intelligent enough to bring a dead rock to life we call Earth but can't bring a moon halfway through?

[edit on 6-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It is said that when a satellite hit the moon they were shocked at how the sound resonated throughout the moon as if it were hollow. It is also said that there is much activity around the moon's craters.

Who says this exactly?

Anyway it isn't aliens inside the moon, it is Elvis and Princess Di. Oh, and some Nazis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join