It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you tough enough?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If there was a way, a real plan of action that could stop this from progressing, even though it would mean the end of my life I would be willing to do it. But the truth is there is nothing that can really be done...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
When the atom bombs dropped on Japan during WW2, it released atomic energy, devastated lands and life in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, flowing radioactive isotopes into the air that lasted for months as it slowly gets absorbed by the land, sea and life.

And this was just from 2 bombs.

Life went on for the Japanese People, where millions suffered from its effects for years. The land blossomed again. But not for Northern Japan today.

Today, those nuke reactors had been releasing harmful radioactive isotopes into the atmosphere and seas DAILY.

And it is not stopped, or stopping in any way by the way the authorities had been handling it. Thus more will suffer as our seas, lives and lands are contaminated.

If the authorities continue to do nothing, than it will be up to you and me to stop it, if it means giving up our own precious lives. You and I have no death wish, but if no one does the job, then you and I will surely be contaminated in the end.

All we can do is to ensure we teach our children well, so that one day they may rise up against those responsible - the politicians and the coporations, when it is no use for our generations to force these animals to get the job done, for they had done nothing, only more lies and inaction as our fellow brothers and sisters are already contaminated and in time, its effects will show up in hospital records soon.

It's not about money, for there is no money enough to make us give up our lives or to pamper our loved ones. It is about responsibilty to our fellow humanity and loved ones. We may fail, but there MUST be a serious attempt to try now before we and the next few generations suffer excruciatingly....
edit on 1-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Would I go?
Let's put it this way, It's been raining since yesterday here in Europe and I've been yelling to my kid every since then "don't walk in that rain, you don't know what kind of crap is coming down with it right now".... so if I'm reacting like that over here, would I go to Japan? I don't think so.

When the first images of Japan reached me after the events I felt so helpless and all I wanted to do was get on a plane and go over there to help these people. It was a first emotional reaction, but in all truth, there isn't much someone like me can do over there. I think that if I saw the chaos in Japan with my own two eyes, see the actual horror of it in front of me I wouldn't be able to deal with it very well... (call me weak, I don't care)
There are people that need me over here, like the kids and my family, I'm being of much more help to anyone by staying put and do my job over here then I would be going to japan.

That said, I think the best experts on this matter are already present on the scene and they are doing what they can... I'm not sure if they can do much more though, like a poster said above: the consequences are there and they are there to stay for many more years....and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
why don't they offer those in jail for life an option to go and work at the reactor?

They may do so if compensation was to be paid to their surviving families.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

It's a horrible idea that you have. Criminals are are fellow humans too, incarcerated so that they may have a chance to be rehabilitated, think over their crimes against others, released later so that they can rejoin society.

The work at the Nuke reactors in Japan carries a most definate lingering pain and a final death sentence. No man must be forced or even given such 'Hobson's ' choice. A criminal pays for his crime only in according to his wrongdoing and the level of punishment meted out by a civilised society.

As for compensation, how much is enough? Can all the money in the world buy back life? None. The price is love. Love for those you care about and whom cares about you, and for fellow humanity enough to give one's life for others to stop a major disaster where ALL or most could die, is all that is needed.

Should no money or not enough money be given, then one will reject offering such help, and would rather everyone die all together later? Is that what drives a person? If so, then we makind had regressed an had not evolved even one inch on the evolutionary ladder.

But do such volunteers exists? Yes they do - the Japanese Fukishimi 50 had led the way, as well as millions of our forebears whom had sacrificed themeselves in countless selfless acts in the course of our civilisation's history so that many more others may live......

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Meathead, I understand your wanting to help, but if you do not know what you are doing you will only help spread contamination and be in the way.

By referring to experts, I mean scientists and engineers who have no bone in this fight. Not TEPCO executives, politicians, or idiot media talking heads ( IE Rush Limbaugh).

Yes, I do care. This disaster will affect the whole world for many years to come. It is not over yet, and we may be looking at the destruction of a country. By not handling it properly, the people in charge are making it worse. My list provides more than enough people to handle the dirtiest work.

edit on 1-4-2011 by BillfromCovina because: added sentence

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
When the atom bombs dropped on Japan during WW2, it released atomic energy, devastated lands and life in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, flowing radioactive isotopes into the air that lasted for months as it slowly gets absorbed by the land, sea and life.

And this was just from 2 bombs.

Life went on for the Japanese People, where millions suffered from its effects for years. The land blossomed again. But not for Northern Japan today.

Today, those nuke reactors had been releasing harmful radioactive isotopes into the atmosphere and seas DAILY.

And it is not stopped, or stopping in any way by the way the authorities had been handling it. Thus more will suffer as our seas, lives and lands are contaminated.

If the authorities continue to do nothing, than it will be up to you and me to stop it, if it means giving up our own precious lives. You and I have no death wish, but if no one does the job, then you and I will surely be contaminated in the end.

All we can do is to ensure we teach our children well, so that one day they may rise up against those responsible - the politicians and the coporations, when it is no use for our generations to force these animals to get the job done, for they had done nothing, only more lies and inaction as our fellow brothers and sisters are already contaminated and in time, its effects will show up in hospital records soon.

It's not about money, for there is no money enough to make us give up our lives or to pamper our loved ones. It is about responsibilty to our fellow humanity and loved ones. We may fail, but there MUST be a serious attempt to try now before we and the next few generations suffer excruciatingly....

Thanks again, you put my thoughts into words better than i could express yet again.
Especially the last paragraph. Im glad a few of us get the big picture.
I dont have any children of my own, but i have many nephews, nieces, I have cousins and friends with children, those are the beautiful little gifts of life that we should be protecting. It is OUR duty to protect them.

I still cant figure out why it is ok to send kids off to war, to sacrafice their lives, send them to fight and die in wars for our freedom just so the terrorist dont kill us.
And yet when we suggest that our lives may be sacraficed to clean up this mess for the greater good of the world, we are labled as WANT TO BE HEROS, we are told we are stupid by some.
But most people still dont understand that THIS IS THE BIGGEST TERRORIST THREAT ON THE PLANET, and this disaster WILL kill more with its cancerous touch long long into the future more than terrorist ever could.
And if TPTB aren't going to clean this up, then someone has to.
And im glad to see some people would go in and help clean this mess up.

Thanks again.

Take care,
Peace,
Meathed

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
If there was a way, a real plan of action that could stop this from progressing, even though it would mean the end of my life I would be willing to do it. But the truth is there is nothing that can really be done...

Thanks for your reply.
I agree it needs a good plan, but who writes that plan?, The so called experts? It doesnt take an expert to say bury it, and we should have done it already.

Yes your life may be lost or your future children may have genetic mutations, cancers.
But thats the point in trying to stop this NOW, so that no ones child has to take that risk.
Im glad others like yourself would be willing to help if the offer was ever placed on the table.
Im glad your up for the ride.

Cheers mate.
Peace,
Meathed.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Would I go?
Let's put it this way, It's been raining since yesterday here in Europe and I've been yelling to my kid every since then "don't walk in that rain, you don't know what kind of crap is coming down with it right now".... so if I'm reacting like that over here, would I go to Japan? I don't think so.

When the first images of Japan reached me after the events I felt so helpless and all I wanted to do was get on a plane and go over there to help these people. It was a first emotional reaction, but in all truth, there isn't much someone like me can do over there. I think that if I saw the chaos in Japan with my own two eyes, see the actual horror of it in front of me I wouldn't be able to deal with it very well... (call me weak, I don't care)
There are people that need me over here, like the kids and my family, I'm being of much more help to anyone by staying put and do my job over here then I would be going to japan.

That said, I think the best experts on this matter are already present on the scene and they are doing what they can... I'm not sure if they can do much more though, like a poster said above: the consequences are there and they are there to stay for many more years....and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Gday again.
I agree with you on 99% of your post except the expert part, thats the only part i didnt agree. they have made this mess. We common people need to clean their crap up yet again.
I WOULDNT expect you to go. I want to go to protect people like yourself, that have families, that have their little bundles of joy, that are your children, thats why i want to go.
I want to protect my nephews and nieces. If my actions help them and the children, i want to help my fellow human beings. And that is why i want to go if asked. If i can help stop this radioactive mess from spewing into the atmosphere , well i would go.
I care about the WORLD, and i care about everyone and everything on it.
Call me stupid i dont care.
But I wont ever call you weak. The times i have spoken to you, you give me an impression you are a strong one freind.

Meathed.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
well here is the thing. I would like to help, I really do. But I have no special skills what so ever. Sure I learned some basic first aid while I was in the Navy and know a little of mechanics, however, how can I be useful to Japan? I'll just be another dead weight.

And I am serious, I want to help the DISASTER AND RELIEF effort. I have nothing better else to do other than just work, eat, sleep.
edit on 1-4-2011 by anon102 because: forgot to add more to my post

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

The reactors are a lost cause, so instead of wasting human life on a matter that will not be solved as of right now, I would be volunteering solutions to the governments on how to prevent such catastrophes from having severe consequences after this one. Instead of relying on nuclear fission, we should use nuclear fusion because it's a lot less wasteful and not as dangerous.

And Japan is prone to earthquakes. Knowing this, the reactors that weren't affected should have extra reinforcement in case another large earthquake does happen again. The same should go for the USA as well, and any other country that wants to use nuclear power.

But, nuclear power isn't necessary. We have access to solar, wind, and geothermal energy; and all three are in abundance.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
well here is the thing. I would like to help, I really do. But I have no special skills what so ever. Sure I learned some basic first aid while I was in the Navy and know a little of mechanics, however, how can I be useful to Japan? I'll just be another dead weight.

And I am seriouse, I want to help. I have nothing better else to do other than just work, eat, sleep.

Hi and thanks.
We wouldnt be Dead weights. You would be useful.
We all can lift heavy odjects and we all can use a shovel and a bucket.
Thank you for offering yourself for the greater good.
Even though you are serious in your last line, it still made me laugh

That is exactly how i feel.

Peace mate
Meathed

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes, of course I would go help in Japan if any of my skills were needed.

I don't have a long life ahead of me so why not help others.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I'm along the same lines as you Brill. There 's no way to make any sense out nuclear power plant's and Japan.
They don't even belong in the same sentence together. Just think what shape the world will be in if another accident followed closely behind Japans? Is anyone even thinking of that? No! So what's happening in Japan has changed nothing. I'm totally unafraid to die. When it's just for some idiots in the NRC, who obviously havn't got the brains that God gave a goose. I feel I would be sacrificing myself in vain. So the idiots responsible could still move forward? They should be there already. Soak'in up all the sun shine. The earth quake without nuc
power? Japan moves on. But because of greed many more will die. The entire nation is threatened thanks to man.

edit on 1-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
reply to post by meathed

The reactors are a lost cause, so instead of wasting human life on a matter that will not be solved as of right now, I would be volunteering solutions to the governments on how to prevent such catastrophes from having severe consequences after this one. Instead of relying on nuclear fission, we should use nuclear fusion because it's a lot less wasteful and not as dangerous.

And Japan is prone to earthquakes. Knowing this, the reactors that weren't affected should have extra reinforcement in case another large earthquake does happen again. The same should go for the USA as well, and any other country that wants to use nuclear power.

But, nuclear power isn't necessary. We have access to solar, wind, and geothermal energy; and all three are in abundance.

Gday
Agree with 99%. That's why i re quoted 100% of what you posted.
You have made many valid points especially concerning REKNEWABLE and GREEN ENERGY SOURCES.
The only thing is that i didn't agree with was the lost cause statement, lives will be lost cleaning this crap up, lives will continue to die in the future as we are refusing to clean this crap up.

I agree that this radioactive madness needs to be stopped, and stopped NOW.
I AM willing to go and help clean this stuff up.
Im not the smartest man, nore do i clam to be, i cant do many things right on this planet, but i know cleaning this up and doing it now is RIGHT.
As i have stated before, im not trying to be a hero, im just trying to be smart.
And a few lives lost now are worth the countless millions that will be saved saved from this act.
We cant expect the people who created these nuclear bombs to clean it up. Its up to us. As this thing is effecting us all.

Peace
Meathed

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Been here almost 2 weeks now assisting.. First time in ten years that been back.. Still have family and friends missing at this point I figure theyre dead.. In past have provided medical treatment to people in war zones and disasters around the world.. This time its personal and aside from the radiation not much different than any of the places that assisted in past.. Doubt will be able to leave here after due to exposure but dont care will remain and help when / if fall ill will go up into the mountains and quietly live out whatever time may have left.. Till then will continue to help those who need.. Tired at moment not had much rest past couple weeks.. Ive faith in my countrymen japan will rebuild..

Gday.
I really dont know how to reply to you or others like you that are in the eye of the storm and yet are concerned not for themselves, but for others.
Im so so sorry that this is personal for you.
Im am sorry for your loss.
I could not even begin to try to understand the things you must be going through.
I find your courage and sense of duty VERY comforting.
It IS people like yourself that makes this world bright even in its darkest times.
People like you are few and far between.
Take care friend.
Im not a religious man, but i send you all the good energy i have in me, I will continue to think of you all.
My heart weeps for you. And it cries for Japan and its people too.
May the sun rise again for you and for JAPAN.
Thank you for sharing.
Peace mate,
Meathed.

Ps
And im serious. If you think that i can help, i will help. ( didnt start this thread for a joke.)
I and many others will help.
As i have stated, i cant do many things, but i can help my fellow man.

You can u2u me with details if you want.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

I do understand what you are saying.
I just don't think we need these scientist or experts to tell us what to do.
We dig the nuclear crap up, we stick it into buckets and we contain as much of it that is physically possible.
It doesn't take much. That's what I'm trying to say.

And I'm sorry if i said that you didn't care.
It wasn't my intension to judge you or offend you.

Meathed

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by brill

I'm along the same lines as you Brill. There 's no way to make any sense out nuclear power plant's and Japan.
They don't even belong in the same sentence together. Just think what shape the world will be in if another accident followed closely behind Japans? Is anyone even thinking of that? No! So what's happening in Japan has changed nothing. I'm totally unafraid to die. When it's just for some idiots in the NRC, who obviously havn't got the brains that God gave a goose. I feel I would be sacrificing myself in vain. So the idiots responsible could still move forward? They should be there already. Soak'in up all the sun shine. The earth quake without nuc
power? Japan moves on. But because of greed many more will die. The entire nation is threatened thanks to man.

Thanks for your reply.
Again i agree with 99% of yet another post.
Yet again i dont think this sacrafice will be in vain.
People are watching and people are noticing this as it unfolds. I think this is the turning point in the Nuclear debate. I think change is in the radioactive air.
People jump in front of a harpoon for a whale and the world calls them heros.
Im willing to jump in front of the nuclear harpoon and people think im stupid

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join