It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you tough enough?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
reply to post by meathed

It doesn't matter how "tough" you think you are..radiation will kill you. Now if you are prepared to give your life for something you don't understand that does not make you brave, it makes you stupid. You don't have the skill set required to help so your comment is baseless and irrelevant. You can say all day long you would help, that doesn't make you a hero. Get a grip "tough guy".

I know it will kill you.
But what, you just want a kid to go cleaning up our crap. Now thats being a hero. Give the kid a bucket tough guy.
Its got nothing to do with being a hero,
I got a good grip bud thanks for reminding.
But im sick of people like yourself sitting back telling Japan what they should and shoudn';t do.
Put your money where your mouth is bud.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
I've donated a fair amount of money to help with relief efforts. Thats about as far as I can go, sorry but my self preservation comes first. It has nothing to do with toughness at all it's about self preservation.

Good on you, for your donating.
There is no need to apologize.
Im just trying to find out , out of all of the people complaining about Japan, would any go and help, or would they just sit back and keep complaining about Japan.
And alot would sit back and complain still.(Not you)
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
reply to post by meathed

OP, it is very easy to say that you are willing to help...but when it comes time to get on that plane and head over, would you have a change of heart? I'm not saying you would chicken out...but most people probably would.

My EMS agency was getting ready to send a small team to help with search/rescue and medical treatment but were unable to make it happen since there were only a few of us that volunteered to go.

Mate , i WOULD go.
Ive had a rough but a full and eventful life.
If going over means that for every bucket of waste i picked up that i can prevent a child from picking it up, if i can stop a young child from having to grow up in it that waste, and if it means that some of these kid dont get cancer from it, well call me an idiot but i would rather pick that mess up than leave it for the kids clean.

Good on you mate for already volunteering.
There should be more of you in this world.

Peace.
Meathed

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I think you do have a heart.
And your not harsh for speaking your mind.
I fully understand what your saying.

Thanks for reply
Meathed

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
You may have to be STUPID or SUICIDAL to go into Fukushima right now. I may just be a bit of both.

Maybe i am too

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

quite a few of us who are "telling Japan what they should and should not do" have donated a reasonable amount of money actually, Just because I wouldn't go and physically help out doesn't make anyone who is willing to do that any better than me or anyone else. I've done what I can do and now for my part the ball is in their court.

I'm sorry I value my life and my role in my family's life and my importance to my children over another country. This does not mean that I feel any less bad about what is going on or that I do not feel for the people who have volunteered.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
No would not drop everything and go to their help if I could.

They have more then enough man power in their country to help themselves and more people are on stand by. I think I will just mind my own buisness and let them be them.

Fair enough

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Count me in, and I would even throw in the airfare myself, so long as they are willing to ask for help, and that help, even if it is as you say to shovel buckets of radioactive soil, I will do it.

It may not save millions of others, at the rate of radioactive decay currently now, but it will be LESSER contamination in the air that will save someone, and that someone means something special to another. Nothing stupid is such acts, as the longer we mankind do nothing, the more we will only eventually suffer. Better me than someone else.

Perhaps it is easier for me, as none would miss my departure for I am only a insignificant nobody whom had lived with no regrets, but there are others whom deserve better lives and yet to know this precious gift of life.

Just a humble request - when my body is fully contaminated, please just give me euthanesia and dump my shell in a metal can into the deepest ocean, and save on medical costs and also is a personal protest against the high medical costs a simple human MUST pay to live for natural cause of illness.

Now thats the spirit.
Your thoughts and words where better than mine. Thanks.
Agreed that any help will make a difference, i would rather me pick it up than a child,
and that is why i couldnt agree more with you about trying to help those that are yet to see lifes beauty.
Dont worry, no one will miss my depature either.

As for your humble request, i think we could sort something out for you

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Be happy to head over right now, but I dont speak Japanese so would only be in the way. Additionally no ones going to be cleaning up the contamination till after something is done with the reactors

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
you just want a kid to go cleaning up our crap.

This is not "my crap." Heartless though it may sound, very few common folks outside of Japan have even the most remote of connections to the poor decisions and profiteering that preceeded this tragedy. Trying to lay this on the doorstep of today's generations is akin to the government's assinine "your share of the debt" assessments. IMO, this is ultimately the coporations' fault just like the Macondo disaster was BP's fault and the recession/depression/bailouts were the banks' fault. The problem is, way too many people just quietly go along with the idea that these situations somehow fall on the shoulders of John Q. Public to fix, pay for, and clean up. If more people would stand up and refuse to take the buck as it's passed to them, maybe those truly at fault would be finally forced to take responsibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

No need to apologize.
I understand.
Thanks for your input.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Agreed. You have many valid points.
I understand what your saying in the regards of making TPTB being held responsible.
But this world will be killed by them if we just sit back and wait for them to admitt responsiblity.
We need to stand up now and clean their crap up, and if they see we can do this world without them , then maybe we will get some change.
But maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part.
Peace.
meathed

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I'm not sure you understand what's happening.

This crap can't be cleaned up. Not in our lifetimes and not our children's. Maybe our grandkids' time. The only real thing that can be done is to get the hell out. I can't see a single thing do be done that will salvage anything from this mess: a huge swath of Japan is now unlivable and nothing can be done about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I would say tough no. As I was told as a youth by mom, the tough guys are dead and in jail. So again not tuff at all. If my current gov. care keepers seen potentials then they could with right equipment drop me in to see if upclose interactions would assist more. But me and radiation, all 1 can say is if I change physically PLEASE UNDERSTAND AND DO NOT ATTACK. JUST LET ME BE IN THE SEA FOR A WHILE.

Even though there are better protection devices, I mean how can work around deep space objects full of the purest cosmic energy rad. go on without the best rad. protection..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It is foolish to offer help if you do not know what you are doing. Putting your body in harms way only helps spread this contamination. This crisis has been worsened by the greed and disinformation of those in charge. As long as the people who are in charge are motivated by profit and politics, you are wasting your time.

The following is a list of people who should be required to be at ground zero making a sacrifice until it is cleaned up:
1. Current and former Executives of TEPCO and GE.
2. Political leaders of Japan who have dropped the ball and have not exercised their duties to watch over this industry. This would include the Prime Minister and Emperor. Lead by example.
3. IAEA all members and former members. This organization's only purpose seems to be to start wars.
4. Promoters of this very dirty and dangerous form of nuclear energy.
5. Talking heads and disinfo agents in the media and government who have downplayed the risks and further endangered people's lives. Including those in the US.

Let the expert's decide how best to handle the problem and let the people from this list do the dirtiest work including handling plutonium. This list should supply more than enough people but feel free to add to it.
edit on 31-3-2011 by BillfromCovina because: extra space

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for your point of veiw, and agree with you 100%.
But my thoughts are about what mess the children have to clean up.
Even though we are sitting back thousands of miles away, we are just as effected. This crap that these reactors are spewing out into the atmospere WILL cause cancers in this generation and countless more to come, there WILL be many parents that child will be birth defects caused by this.
I was never suggesting that any that when in were coming out alive.
I was trying to ask ATS members that are sitting back critisizing Japan, that they should put there hand up and help the world as it not just Japan that is suffering.
I used to remove cancerous causing asbestos for a living.
I did this, as in my heart i didnt want my nephews or their friends to clean the mess up.

Ps I tried changing my original post as i Did come across a bit harsh.
Thanks for your words

Peace,
meathed.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by meathed

I'm not sure you understand what's happening.

This crap can't be cleaned up. Not in our lifetimes and not our children's. Maybe our grandkids' time. The only real thing that can be done is to get the hell out. I can't see a single thing do be done that will salvage anything from this mess: a huge swath of Japan is now unlivable and nothing can be done about it.

I UNDERSTAND, it seems like you arern't understanding me.
There ARE things that CAN be done.
And that is covering these reactors up. These things are already causing cancers. These reactors are already KILLING people. These death machines need to be covered and they need to be covered NOW.
People WILL lose their life doing this i am not denieing this fact.
But Its not just about Japan. This mess is slowly killing and mutating the world.
The problem needs to be fixed by our generation. We are the ones that have sat back and watched the industrous machine, rape , pillage and plunder the world for to long. So IT IS our problem to fix. We live on this thing called the wlorld, or havent you noticed? This IS effecting us all. Do you get it yet?
IT, IS ,time for us all to make a stand.
It is our responsibility to do so. But i obvious from a few replies, it seems easier to pass this problem off to the next generation. I cannot believe people want to give this problem for the kids to fix,
Mighty tough of us all then, HEY?
And you are so,so, wrong, There IS plenty that we can do. And the first thing we can do is CLEAN up this crap.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

I don't consider it foolish to help. Its called being humane.
I agree with you on most of your points, including, 1, 2 , 3, 4 , and but on point five i dont agree that is just america to worry about, you are not the only people on the planet.
If you got your head out of the sand sometime you might actually see that there is big BEAUTIFUL world out there , and it needs help.

Im sorry to break your bubble, but the world WILL keep turning and the sun and the moon Will rise again even if Americans are no longer here.

And your last comment about let the EXPERTS handle it.
No, seriously did you really just say that

These so called experts you just referred to,are the scum that has got the world into this mess in the first place.

Ps , I just have to check, you did say leave it to the experts,? Yes you did, i had to triple check your words.

edit on 1-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Been here almost 2 weeks now assisting.. First time in ten years that been back.. Still have family and friends missing at this point I figure theyre dead.. In past have provided medical treatment to people in war zones and disasters around the world.. This time its personal and aside from the radiation not much different than any of the places that assisted in past.. Doubt will be able to leave here after due to exposure but dont care will remain and help when / if fall ill will go up into the mountains and quietly live out whatever time may have left.. Till then will continue to help those who need.. Tired at moment not had much rest past couple weeks.. Ive faith in my countrymen japan will rebuild..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

Cheers i raise my glass to you.
If you hadnt supplied that list i would have.

These are the criminals that should be in there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join