It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima nuclear plant to be entombed in concrete as Japan admits it has lost battle with crippled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Fukushima nuclear plant to be entombed in concrete as Japan admits it has lost battle with crippled

Up to 1,000 bodies of victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami have not been collected because of fears of high levels of radiation. Police sources said bodies within the 12-mile evacuation zone around the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant had been 'exposed to high levels of radiation after death'.

How the hell should this work if you don't have a complete nuclear meltdown before? Once you start to cover them with concrete there is no cooling left and you will have a meltdown. And eighter it will come it touch with water in the ground or the wet concrete and then ... big bada boom!

Read more here
edit on 31-3-2011 by Pha3drus because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

You're a bit behind the times, I'm afraid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I don't want to de-rail your thread, but I don't understand how the quote you posted has anything to do with entombing the reactors.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Nightfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightfury

I'm sorry, I don't want to de-rail your thread, but I don't understand how the quote you posted has anything to do with entombing the reactors.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Nightfury because: (no reason given)

Sorry. Just added the link.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wow all this time and they just now say it's out of control.I want to know when it was in control..except, of course,before the quake.I thought you couldn't just pour concrete on them,entombing them doesn't stop an out of control reaction,so whats the deal..i have more questions now.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The only paragraph in the whole article that even hints at what your thread title claims is this

The final move would involve pouring tonnes of concrete on the reactors to seal them in tombs and ensure radiation does not leak out. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

But even that paragraph is preceded by this

Details of how this will be done are yet to be revealed Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

You can't poor concrete on melting fuel rods. Once that nuclear reaction starts to take place it's called a self-sustaining reaction. The only way to stop a nuclear reaction is with nuclear device.

Unfortunately I've heard physicists say that while a nuclear device is the only solution they know of to stop a nuclear reaction, it's a bad solution.
The fallout would be just as bad if not worse.
And if you try to cover it while it is still reacting (melting) it will explode. It's not nice to admit but this is a lose-lose situation.

It really took me all of a couple hours to research this and get good reliable sources and information.
Unfortunately most reporters aren't doing the same.
But it will be interesting to see how they do eventually stop it, if they can.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Battle of Chernobyl. See how bad we are and have been lied to. This was one reactor not 4. Pay careful attention to how many died, how they avoided the largest nuclear explosion in the history of mankind. Something that I have yet seen Japan avoid.

They are risking the whole Island and the worlds health if that uranium makes it to the fresh pools of water they now made with all their cooling efforts. The Russians used lead and it worked to seal the top and help cool the molten Uranium.

If the meltdown hits a pool of water then its all over. The whole Island will be blown in half from a nuclear explosion 100 times the size of the Tsar bomb.

topdocumentaryfilms.com... Watch if you don't believe.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SalemsLot

The Russians used Lead bars to cool and seal the top of the reactor. They tunneled below the reactor and filled it with more strong concrete over the liquid nitrogen plan they started with.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by SalemsLot

The Russians used Lead bars to cool and seal the top of the reactor. They tunneled below the reactor and filled it with more strong concrete over the liquid nitrogen plan they started with.

Yes but it wasn't melting. Chernobyl is different, it exploded which stopped the nuclear reaction.
The self-sustaining nuclear reaction I spoke of earlier was stopped by the explosion.
That's why they were able to cover it.

Fukushima is melting, still nuclear reaction going on, can't stop that by burying it.

And even if they could do it that way, they are still working on the entombment Chernobyl, 25 years later and still won't be complete for another few years. And that was just ONE reactor. There are 6 in row at Fukushima.
edit on 31-3-2011 by SalemsLot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You do not understand physics it cannot explode the whole island. A meltdown means it burns away all the rods over many years and it lasts maybe hundreds of years the effects. Chernobyl was encased in cement it worked though it has to be cemented filled always I believe. The answer is a chemical solution that will cancel the reaction. They should have invented this chemical before building reactors.. Last I heard they want to wrap it in a lead cloth on top for a while till they can think what to do. Infared night vision can show a glowing eerie site but they dont want to film it in the night with infared as the images will freak people out

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My wife was exposed to hundreds od ceverts 12 years ago due to medical stuff up we cant even sue as it will set a precedent she immediately that year caught acute myloid leaukemia. Its not nice a miracle she is alive. The symptoms she got were swelling of limbs bruising lack of oxygen blood in urine. She was 8 months in hospital. A miracle she is still with me it was horrible bastards they stopped me suing them. Poor people of Japan. reactors should be built hundreds of feet underground is this more expensive for them so what

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Here you can see the problem in HD pictures.

HD pictures Fukushima

Scary.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Few things - You need Boron and concrete to encase it
It has to be cool before you encase it - that takes years and years
Why would they invent a chemical to stop a reaction when all this tech mostly came about from making a bomb - which as was stated is a great way to stop a reaction
Rumour has it that the reactor is above a water table so they may not be able to tunnel under it anyways
the area around the reactor is going to be uninhabitable for centuries not just years e.g Chenobyl

erm - I can't remember the other point coz I am old

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
sorry double posted..
edit on 1-4-2011 by ebaydan777 because: duplicated on accident

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I read some of Richard Shears (the author of the story) other articles and a lot of them are full of misleading statements and exaggerations. The fact that no other news outlet that I can find is reporting Japan giving up hope of cooling the reactors makes me think that he once again got his facts wrong. As hard as it is to get the truth of situation from the power company and government, it seems even harder to get a reliable fact from the media.

top topics

join