It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tells US Pacific Command chief military contact with Taiwan must stop

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by taobo33
it's a joke if china solve taiwan peoblem by using military force will get critical words around the world. look how many countries have diplomacy relationship with taiwan?? and how much with china? even usa government do not recognise taiwan as a country. wake up people , u government put its hands in taiwan just for its own benefit. did u find weapons of mass drstruction in iraq?? of course not but u find a lot of oil.
fact speaks for itself and if u dare to help taiwan every chinese will split their blood with ur self-conceit american soilders and don't forget not all taiwanese support independant, their have chinese name and speak chinese how can every taiwanese welcome u there? make everything clear in case something will make u embarrassed happen when u think people will see u as heros.

WOW your dumb lol, I know we have rules here, But dam I feel lik e-slapping you. Are you serious man, do you even live in America, if not, how do you know what we went there for? Yeah you'll see a lot idiots on here talking about WMD's not being there, but I will let you in on somthing, people who are mature and well informed KNOW THAT WMD'S WERE ONLY ONE OF THE REASONS FOR GOING INTO IRAQ, Good god can we get just one person who knows that, how is it possible for the whole world to be just so.. just so.. dam dumb. And if you even think that China will crush us, well.... hmmm, let me say this nicely, you have the intelligence of a Dolphin=35. And for the guy who said it will negatively effect our economy, um no, it will not if anything it will help, WW2 was brought us out of the great depression. But I can understand you thinking that, I am not attacking you
But for the guy saying OUR blood will be shed, and that we are some sort of imperialistic Nation, you should inform your self,

Now let the flaming of me Start

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
What did he deserve? Even if he were elected by the West to expose the SARS, he was telling the truth anyway.
True or False
1. China was covering the truth about SARS, in fear of the people might know the truth? True
2. Dr. Jiang Yanyong is a real doctor. True.
If he is a real doctor, his job is to help the sick. It is his job to critize the government for not telling their people the truth.
3. Dr. Jiang Yanyong has always been a critic of the government, dating back to the Tiananmen Square massacre. "He had publicly called for a reexamination of the events surrounding the massacre. Several dissidents were harassed and effectively subjected to house arrest. " hrw.org. True. Not only he tried to expose the SARS, he tried to expose the Tiananmen Square massacre.
4. "When a courageous doctor points out the Chinese government's abusive practices, he should be honored". Your opinion, Zcheng.

As I said before, he can claim some credit for the success of containing SARS. But he was an agent selected by the West to promote the agenda of the West. He violated millitary rules, and he got what he deserves.

The reason i brought this issue up is because a few years ago, in my local area, a teacher was exposed of teaching communism idea into children's head while learning Chinese. They were taught the Tiananmen Square massacre was a bluff made up by the West, how the successful the Cultural Revolution was but in fact it was a total disaster.

I do not deny that some Chinese might held that opinion, but from your description it seems that all Chinese teachers are trying to do the same. We do not deny the Greatness of US people, just because there are criminals like Bush, etc.

For me, the crackdown of Tiananmen Square riot was no different from US crackdown on LA riots etc. It ensured the stability of China and the well-being of all Chinese. The original goal of anti-corruption was good, but it was hijacked as a tool of the West to destabilize China.

Cultural Revolution was a disaster. China lost a generation of development opportunity, because of that.

What "heinous attack" are you talking about?

SARS was biological attack against Chinese people by US. It was ethnically targeted toward Chinese people. We will remember this.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
WOW your dumb lol, I know we have rules here, But dam I feel lik e-slapping you. Are you serious man, do you even live in America, if not, how do you know what we went there for? Yeah you'll see a lot idiots on here talking about WMD's not being there, but I will let you in on somthing, people who are mature and well informed KNOW THAT WMD'S WERE ONLY ONE OF THE REASONS FOR GOING INTO IRAQ, Good god can we get just one person who knows that, how is it possible for the whole world to be just so.. just so.. dam dumb. And if you even think that China will crush us,

In case of Taiwan, the most probable reaction of world will be sanctions similar to 1989 leaded by US. China has the ability to crush US forces near Chinese coast.

In case of Iraq, can you tell us why US went to Iraq and still staying there. WMD, OIL, Democrazy, Personal Revenge?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

SARS was biological attack against Chinese people by US. It was ethnically targeted toward Chinese people. We will remember this.

What a combination, a brainwashed Chicom paroniod conspircy nut!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, you should really get a grip on the real world. The US isn't making a biological attack on you. Those "sessions" you get in school must have really brainwashed you man, I feel bad for you. And if this is just "your personal theory" I feel even worse, because you don't have an excuse for coming up with this garbage.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

What a combination, a brainwashed Chicom paroniod conspircy nut!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, you should really get a grip on the real world. The US isn't making a biological attack on you. Those "sessions" you get in school must have really brainwashed you man, I feel bad for you. And if this is just "your personal theory" I feel even worse, because you don't have an excuse for coming up with this garbage.

He is really wacked, isn't he. And when he loses an argument, he goes and puts the victor on his ignore list so he doesn't have to have a constant reminder of his defeat!

[edit on 2004/8/24 by ludahai]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

What did he deserve? Even if he were elected by the West to expose the SARS, he was telling the truth anyway.
True or False
1. China was covering the truth about SARS, in fear of the people might know the truth? True
2. Dr. Jiang Yanyong is a real doctor. True.
If he is a real doctor, his job is to help the sick. It is his job to critize the government for not telling their people the truth.
3. Dr. Jiang Yanyong has always been a critic of the government, dating back to the Tiananmen Square massacre. "He had publicly called for a reexamination of the events surrounding the massacre. Several dissidents were harassed and effectively subjected to house arrest. " hrw.org. True. Not only he tried to expose the SARS, he tried to expose the Tiananmen Square massacre.
4. "When a courageous doctor points out the Chinese government's abusive practices, he should be honored". Your opinion, Zcheng.

As I said before, he can claim some credit for the success of containing SARS. But he was an agent selected by the West to promote the agenda of the West. He violated millitary rules, and he got what he deserves.

The reason i brought this issue up is because a few years ago, in my local area, a teacher was exposed of teaching communism idea into children's head while learning Chinese. They were taught the Tiananmen Square massacre was a bluff made up by the West, how the successful the Cultural Revolution was but in fact it was a total disaster.

I do not deny that some Chinese might held that opinion, but from your description it seems that all Chinese teachers are trying to do the same. We do not deny the Greatness of US people, just because there are criminals like Bush, etc.

For me, the crackdown of Tiananmen Square riot was no different from US crackdown on LA riots etc. It ensured the stability of China and the well-being of all Chinese. The original goal of anti-corruption was good, but it was hijacked as a tool of the West to destabilize China.

Cultural Revolution was a disaster. China lost a generation of development opportunity, because of that.

If only you could point out some evidence of he being a Western agent. However, that is not important because Chinese tried to cover up the SARS epidemic anyway. It does not matter who tries to expose it because the truth is out there to be known. Again, if you could point out some evidence of him being an agent. Plus he himself is a civilian, military rules do not apply to him except being a traitor or spy. I am not sure if that is like that in China.

No i do not imply that all Chinese learning centers are doing this. Please if only you did not twist my words. I said there are centers that are doing this secretly instead of openly. I believe I have said that before.

Again if only you could give us some evidence exposing that the SARS was a biological attack on China by the US.

I have a question for you. Am i on your ignored list also? Just curious.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by jazzmaster]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Again if only you could give us some evidence exposing that the SARS was a biological attack on China by the US.

There are several articles on the specificity of SARS with Chinese origin. You can easily see that pattern on the affected population of SARS. From analyzing the genome of SARS virus, one can be sure that it is a natural mutation from other virus. It is a blend of several kinds of virus. We are certain it is man-made. The creator of the virus is too easy to find out through reasoning. The US media knew the lethality of SARS, they were quite confident that China did not have the ability of contain SARS. They later selected the famed and infamous doctor. I despise those Chinese that sold their heart to West and allow themselves to be used as a tool against China by the West or TI.

My ignored list has FredT, WestPoint23, and ludahai. FredT and WestPoint23 are added because the impossibility to reason with them, and the nonsense they keep repeating. ludahai is added, because he is a diehard TI, like some Nazi members the answer only lies in battlefield.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Well if you think this, I think that the terrorist anthrax attacks were from China then, you think what you want and I will think what I want. You do not have any evidence to support your paranoid delusions.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
He is really wacked, isn't he. And when he loses an argument, he goes and puts the victor on his ignore list so he doesn't have to have a constant reminder of his defeat!
[edit on 2004/8/24 by ludahai]

Like so many children that have been trumped before him

But I'll give him another chance........

Could you please provide some sort of reason for proposing such an outrageous accusation? Surely any reasonable person would not come to such conclusions without some viable shred of evidence...

[edit on 24-8-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai

He is actually sad in a twisted way. i feel sorry for him as he cannot take of his propaganda blinders to really debate things. Once you start asking questions that he cannot find in the propaganda book he uses for his posts, you get put on his ignore list. Its a badge of honor really. I have much better things to do then to sort out HIS asinine logic

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You are out of your Rice eating mind no way in the world we attacked you biologically it was your governments unsanitary not caring about its people that caused SARS to pass from Animal to Human..by the way are you a Chinese Propogandis?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There are several articles on the specificity of SARS with Chinese origin. You can easily see that pattern on the affected population of SARS. From analyzing the genome of SARS virus, one can be sure that it is a natural mutation from other virus. It is a blend of several kinds of virus. We are certain it is man-made. The creator of the virus is too easy to find out through reasoning. The US media knew the lethality of SARS, they were quite confident that China did not have the ability of contain SARS. They later selected the famed and infamous doctor. I despise those Chinese that sold their heart to West and allow themselves to be used as a tool against China by the West or TI.

My ignored list has FredT, WestPoint23, and ludahai. FredT and WestPoint23 are added because the impossibility to reason with them, and the nonsense they keep repeating. ludahai is added, because he is a diehard TI, like some Nazi members the answer only lies in battlefield.

All i ask is for you to give us links to the articles of what you are talking about because this accusation is really just an accusation after all. There is no evidence to support your accusation. Take the flu virus for example, they mutate constantly every year, and the genome of it is surely alien, no scientists are sure where they come from. That is also the reason why us in the US have to have a shot each year.
I would guess that who ever wrote those articles know very little about biology. I think the pattern of infection extends around the world too, not just on Chinese. There were a dozen cases in the US at the beginning in which those infected were not Chinese nor Asian, but instead Caucasians, I would think that if this virus were ever man-made, the creator would clearly put "make-virus-for-Chinese-only-not-Caucasians" on his list, don't you think so? I am not sure if some Chinese in the rural part of the country ate some wild animals and contracted the virus from them. Chinese will eat everything they find. The AIDS virus was first contracted from a monkey in Africa.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

All i ask is for you to give us links to the articles of what you are talking about because this accusation is really just an accusation after all. There is no evidence to support your accusation. Take the flu virus for example, they mutate constantly every year, and the genome of it is surely alien, no scientists are sure where they come from. That is also the reason why us in the US have to have a shot each year.

Following is one article about the SARS targeting a particular HLA allele of Chinese origin. The abstrate is quoted:

Association of HLA class I with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection.

Lin M, Tseng HK, Trejaut JA, Lee HL, Loo JH, Chu CC, Chen PJ, Su YW, Lim KH, Tsai ZU, Lin RY, Lin RS, Huang CH.

Transfusion Medicine Laboratory, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: The human leukocyte antigen (HLA) system is widely used as a strategy in the search for the etiology of infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders. During the Taiwan epidemic of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), many health care workers were infected. In an effort to establish a screening program for high risk personal, the distribution of HLA class I and II alleles in case and control groups was examined for the presence of an association to a genetic susceptibly or resistance to SARS coronavirus infection. METHODS: HLA-class I and II allele typing by PCR-SSOP was performed on 37 cases of probable SARS, 28 fever patients excluded later as probable SARS, and 101 non-infected health care workers who were exposed or possibly exposed to SARS coronavirus. An additional control set of 190 normal healthy unrelated Taiwanese was also used in the analysis. RESULTS: Woolf and Haldane Odds ratio (OR) and corrected P-value (Pc) obtained from two tails Fisher exact test were used to show susceptibility of HLA class I or class II alleles with coronavirus infection. At first, when analyzing infected SARS patients and high risk health care workers groups, HLA-B*4601 (OR = 2.08, P = 0.04, Pc = n.s.) and HLA-B*5401 (OR = 5.44, P = 0.02, Pc = n.s.) appeared as the most probable elements that may be favoring SARS coronavirus infection. After selecting only a "severe cases" patient group from the infected "probable SARS" patient group and comparing them with the high risk health care workers group, the severity of SARS was shown to be significantly associated with HLA-B*4601 (P = 0.0008 or Pc = 0.0279). CONCLUSIONS: Densely populated regions with genetically related southern Asian populations appear to be more affected by the spreading of SARS infection. Up until recently, no probable SARS patients were reported among Taiwan indigenous peoples who are genetically distinct from the Taiwanese general population, have no HLA-B* 4601 and have high frequency of HLA-B* 1301. While increase of HLA-B* 4601 allele frequency was observed in the "Probable SARS infected" patient group, a further significant increase of the allele was seen in the "Severe cases" patient group. These results appeared to indicate association of HLA-B* 4601 with the severity of SARS infection in Asian populations. Independent studies are needed to test these results.

PMID: 12969506 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

When you list those highly affected areas like Hong Kong, Toronto, Singapore, Vietnam, China, you can easily see the pattern.

I would guess that who ever wrote those articles know very little about biology. I think the pattern of infection extends around the world too, not just on Chinese. There were a dozen cases in the US at the beginning in which those infected were not Chinese nor Asian, but instead Caucasians, I would think that if this virus were ever man-made, the creator would clearly put "make-virus-for-Chinese-only-not-Caucasians" on his list, don't you think so?

Yes, many not of Chinese origin were affected as well, but the sympton was only a mild cold. The some Caucasians gene may have some similarity with Chinese, considering the fact that Mongols migrated to the West long time ago.

In case of Flu virus occuring every year, although it is not possible to predict the next prevalent mutation of the virus. The original strain of the mutation can be easily found be comparing their Genome. Natural mutations will differ only one or two places from the original Strain. Currently technology allow different combination and insertion of specific gene into the virus. SARS is similar to several strain of Coronavirus, but it is almost completely different from anyone. It can only be resulted from a mand-made cocktail.

I am not sure if some Chinese in the rural part of the country ate some wild animals and contracted the virus from them. Chinese will eat everything they find. The AIDS virus was first contracted from a monkey in Africa.

It is just a excuse of the West to blame China and villify China. One good outcome from this bio-attack is that Chinese government now understands the viciousness of US to disrupt China at any cost. China is now building a BSL 4 lab now to prepare. China did not have one before SARS attack, while US has about a dozen since a long time ago.

In retrospect, the 97 outbreak in Hong Kong was very likely a failed attack initiated by UK/US to disrupt the Handover.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
zcheng, the health conditions in China are the cause of the SARS. Remember the bubonic plague which happend in Europe because of overpopulation and unsanitary conditions. Although this happend on a smaller scale, it was esentially natures way of saying, "stop taking up my resources."

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
zcheng, the health conditions in China are the cause of the SARS. Remember the bubonic plague which happend in Europe because of overpopulation and unsanitary conditions. Although this happend on a smaller scale, it was esentially natures way of saying, "stop taking up my resources."

I know bubonic plague, I also know 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. US and many western countries are actively researching and reviving the virus in name of finding cure. They will convenient release a variation of it in convenient time.

"Overpopulation and unsanitary conditions" is the reason the West Media wanted the World remember. You can believe it. I do not. Although many animal sources were suggested, no conclusive origin is found. With the virus, even one person can initiate the attack, for example releasing them domestic animals in clouded market.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And do you have proof of even which organization released this so called "attack" of SARS. If so how, when, where, and I have already addressed whom. What motive would the West have? What is the gain for the west? Who are the losers in your hypothetical germ warfare game.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

And do you have proof of even which organization released this so called "attack" of SARS. If so how, when, where, and I have already addressed whom. What motive would the West have? What is the gain for the west? Who are the losers in your hypothetical germ warfare game.

The motivation is so obvious, if you have any brain. As I said, even one person can initiate the attack with the virus in a small vial. Do you think China can track all foreigners in China?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The motivation is so obvious, if you have any brain. As I said, even one person can initiate the attack with the virus in a small vial. Do you think China can track all foreigners in China?

Yes anyone can make an attack. Give a girl scout a pack of SARS and even she can launch a massive worldwide germ war. My question was why would anyone do such a thing, and you still dont even have an answer for an agency.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Zcheng, you are just ever so wrong of this topic. Here are a few facts of the outbreak made by the WHO
(source:www.wpro.who.int... )
(And especially this one from your OWN Chinese government: www.wpro.who.int...)

* The National Institute of Virology in Beijing was the most likely source of the outbreak.
* At least four individuals may have been infected with SARS at the Institute. These include the two laboratory workers reported in April, and two additional laboratory workers. These two additional laboratory workers appear to have suffered from SARS-like illnesses in early February 2004. Recent laboratory tests performed at a national reference laboratory were positive for SARS antibodies.
* The use of inactivated SARS coronavirus, which was not tested to determine the effectiveness of the inactivation, in a general laboratory at the Institute appears the most likely cause of the outbreak.

During the investigation, it became apparent that all the positive laboratory workers worked in the same general laboratory at the Institute. Although no research involving live SARS viruses was known to have taken place in this laboratory, SARS coronavirus that had been inactivated in a Biosafety Level 3 laboratory in the Institute was used on several occasions during the early months of 2004 in experiments carried out in this area. The timing of the use of inactivated SARS coronavirus in the general laboratory coincides with the presence there of all the positive workers and with their likely incubation periods.

To read the full article, just follow the link. I believe WHO is a non-profit organization setup the the United Nations.

According to this article, the SARS virus was in the hand of Chinese officials for a long time for reasearch purpose. For some reasons, the virus escaped from the lab and infected workers. As quoted:

SARS coronavirus that had been inactivated in a Biosafety Level 3 laboratory in the Institute was used on several occasions during the early months of 2004 in experiments carried out in this area.

This is quoted from the Chinese Health Misnistry report:

Possible cause of laboratory contamination:
Incomplete inactivation of the virus. After the 2004 Chinese Spring Festival, Ren took the "inactivated virus", without strict verification of the inactivation process used, from the BSL-3 laboratory into a regular laboratory for experiments. This coincided with Song and Yang's onsets of disease. The inactivation method was not evaluated effectively. Assessment of effectiveness and quality control procedures were not conducted for each batch of the inactivated viruses.

The investigation concluded that the SARS outbreak originated from laboratory contamination. This was due to poor safety management of laboratories, flawed implementation of regulations, and violation of biosafety rules by laboratory workers.

The truth is there to be known as i believe this is very legitimate source. I am not sure about yours. Again provide us the link to the article.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Uh Oh, looks like the only government spreading SARS around is the Chinese Communist Party. Zcheng, the above post provides sources for the outbreak, it is more credible than what the PLA tells you after it knocks on your door with a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join