It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tells US Pacific Command chief military contact with Taiwan must stop

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
There are 56 nationalities. Taiwan's Yuanzhumin belongs to GaoSan Zhu (nationalty). Yes, many people were blaming on the Qing Dynasty and Manchu nationality. In retrospect, most Manchu nationals were simply common people and had integrated into Chinese people.

Interesting that the Yuanzhumin in Taiwan don't like being called Gaoshanzu. Perhaps because they don't consider themselves Chinese?

Similar things are happening in Taiwan with despise for people from Mainland China moved to Taiwan over half century ago.

More likely because those invaders from China oppessed the people of Taiwan for FORTY YEARS!

I just noticed that you are from Gaochung, Taiwan Province of China. I will tell you that it will be first city to be attack by PLA. Hope you will fight heroically to defend Taiwan Indepence, and not flee at the first moment!

I don't live in Kaohsiung, I live in Taichung. Technically, even the ROC government doesn't recognize Kaohsiung as a part of Taiwan Province, and Taiwan most certainly is NOT a part of China. I am still waiting for the treaty that confirms that Taiwan was given to China following WWII. Still don't have it? I wonder why?!?!

For people like you, the outcome can only achieved in battlefield, not through arguments.

Good luck to you dream of Taiwan Independence!

Actually, it is people like yourself who want it done on the battlefield. I am perfectly happy to allow international courts to answer the question, as is President Chen. He suggested last year that the World Court settle the question. Predictably, the ChiComs said NO because they know deep down that they would lose HANDS DOWN!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
I don't live in Kaohsiung, I live in Taichung. Technically, even the ROC government doesn't recognize Kaohsiung as a part of Taiwan Province, and Taiwan most certainly is NOT a part of China. I am still waiting for the treaty that confirms that Taiwan was given to China following WWII. Still don't have it? I wonder why?!?!

There were treaty between China and Japan to cede Taiwan to Japan? Do you want to revive that, and be part of Japan?

As discussed before, SF Convention has no authority to deal with the matters concerning China, since there was no delegates from either Mainland or Taiwan.

Do you believe Iraq can regain Independence though legal procedures? To get rid of occupation, armed resistance is the only solution.

Taiwan was a province of China, is a province of China, so will it be in the future.

Taiwan was not a country, is not a country, and never will!

For diehard TI people like you, the answer can only be found in battefield, it is a waste of time to reason with you. We will see you soon. You have now joined my ignore list with Westy and FredT. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Do you believe Iraq can regain Independence though legal procedures? To get rid of occupation, armed resistance is the only solution.

did you support saddam hussein? where the iraqi free under his rule?

do you support fundamentalists,terrorists and criminals who are fighting to establish a new islamic dictatorship instead of a democracy??????

The USA wasn't an aggressor

[edit on 22-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Like Zcheng said : "Territorial intergrity" as if Taiwan was ever part of China. There is no evidence to support it

Second, it is the economy of Taiwan that China wants. China also wants the talents from Taiwan just like Hong Kong. They could have taken over Taiwan a long time ago when Tainwan was nothing but now China sees its vast potential of becoming the next superpower(only economically, not militarily but that is a very big piece of pie to have) in the process of intergrating Taiwan into China.

Lots of Taiwan business have moved to Mainland China, the trend is still accelerating.

Quite the opposite actually. In term of governship, if Taiwan economy is destroyed, it will be much easier to govern. For example, no money to purchase weapon from US.

I have said this before but you do not seem to remember.
Taiwanese businesses are still in Taiwan, in terms of leadership. Because of the wage Chinese workers are being paid, they decided to move the production to China. This is called branching. In the process of branching, the investors paid a little money to set up in China but soon the profits will go back to Taiwan. Compare to the amount of money made, China profits little from it.
Taiwan is only the size of California but they are ranked 13th in the world for economic power, China is ranked second being the third largest county (my guess). That is only 10% of Taiwanese businesses branching in China.

Think about it, Chinese workers are being paid next to nothing.

Quite the opposite actually. In term of governship, if Taiwan economy is destroyed, it will be much easier to govern. For example, no money to purchase weapon from US.

How are China planning on destroy Taiwan's economy? Taiwanese are very conservative in doing business, that is why they were not hit when the 1997 economic crisis hit Asia.Taiwan is Switzerland in Asia, very conservative. China was hit the hardest because China's economy depends on exporting goods and the idea of "anything goes."
One question for you. Have the US ever sold weapons to its allies? No, we give our allies weapons, we export only jet fighters and heavy machineries to them if they demand is high and we can't afford to give them. When we give aids, we do not actually give money, but things instead. Giving money has a higher chance of corruption in the system.

The US need not to worry about losing because we know that Taiwan is a sweet piece of pie and if we have a hand in their success, we would benifit a lot more then we give, it's a win-win situation. Look at Iraq right now, eventhough we are facing a lot of hardship, we are not backing down.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

do you support fundamentalists,terrorists and criminals who are fighting to establish a new islamic dictatorship instead of a democracy??????

If you think about it Zcheng, how is another Iran or Palestine type of government be better for the people of Iraq? They do not even have the slightest idea of democracy, but they do want freedom.
That country is roaming with miillitiants killing coalition forces, cutting people's head off. How do we know that when we pull out of there, those terrorists will back down and let the Iraqis's government run things the way they want to?
They even killed 11 UN top officials a while back. They are not fighting for the freedom of the Iraqis, they are just spreading terrors around the globe. I believe China is selling weapons to the Mid-East to countries like Iran and Egypt.

Those terrorists are not even from Iraq, they are mostly from Iran and the near by regions. Iraq is just a battle ground for the US and the world to stop those terrorists. And Afghanistan too but the news do not mention it that often anymore. If you think about it, they are also the aggressor and occupiers if you look at the coalition forces as the the occupier. Think about it.

You arguemnt is very spot as if you are taking this stuff from somewhere else, Chinese news perhaps. North Korea, China, and Vietnam are three countries in Asia that run articles talking smack about the US. Ironically, they are also the challenger in everything the US does.
They critize as if they are programmed to do so no matter what. Back during 9/11, those countries did not send regards and sympathy to the US like the world did. I wonder if you are brainwashed from the one-sided media that you have in China.

[edit on 22-8-2004 by jazzmaster]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Have anybody seen people from China dare to disagree with their government propaganda machine openly? Certainly not on these websites! Part of the Chinese overseas students are also spies sent by their government to monitor the speech of other overseas students and emmigrants, most of whom desperately seek US residency status because deep in their heart they know how oppressive the government was over there. They were warned not to say anything not in tune with the government propaganda machine, otherwise their families would be incarcerated or sentenced. How hypocritical these guys are when themselves refuse to go back their communist homeland yet want the people of Taiwan to go under their rule! Basically they are saying I have already gotten out of hell and I like you to go to hell!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlatoAthens
Have anybody seen people from China dare to disagree with their government propaganda machine openly? Certainly not on these websites! Part of the Chinese overseas students are also spies sent by their government to monitor the speech of other overseas students and emmigrants, most of whom desperately seek US residency status because deep in their heart they know how oppressive the government was over there. They were warned not to say anything not in tune with the government propaganda machine, otherwise their families would be incarcerated or sentenced. How hypocritical these guys are when themselves refuse to go back their communist homeland yet want the people of Taiwan to go under their rule! Basically they are saying I have already gotten out of hell and I like you to go to hell!

Their propaganda machine was publicly exposed a few mothns ago when Chinese officials jailed a doctor who requested his government to tell the truth about the SARS epidemic. He was then sent to "education camp" and was threatened not ever to question the government again. What kind of government would jail its citizen for speaking out?
That is what happens when your country is "communist/socalist/" country. There is only one party running for power. Imagine the bickering inside their own party.

Their propaganda machine extends over to America too. In Chinatowns or in states where Chinese are not taught, there are classes for second generation Chinese Americans or later who want to learn Chinese being funded by Chinese government. In those classes, you learn Madarin Chinese, but sometimes the "teachers" would squeeze into those children's mind Chinese's propaganda like how Mao is the greatest leader of China, or how the Tinammen Square incident was just made up by the West. It is only up to our imaginatin of what those Chinese children are learning in there.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

There were treaty between China and Japan to cede Taiwan to Japan? Do you want to revive that, and be part of Japan?

CITE it. THe only legally binding treaty following World WAr II that regards Taiwan is the SF Peace Treaty. In that treaty, Japan renounces control over Taiwan, but that control is NOT assigned to China. That is an ESSENTIAL element according to international law based on state practice for a claim of sovereignty. As a result, in accordance with the U.N. Charter's principle of self-determination, the Taiwanese people have the right to determine their own future in a plebiscite in which there are no threats from anyone, including China. Of course, China doesn't respect either international law or the wishes of their own people, so how can we expect them to respect the wishes of the Taiwanese people.

As discussed before, SF Convention has no authority to deal with the matters concerning China, since there was no delegates from either Mainland or Taiwan.

The SF Peace treaty doesn't deal with China, it deals with Taiwan. Of course the SF PEace Treaty has authority over Taiwan. Taiwan was a part of the Japanese empire during the war. It was territory that was ceded to Japan BY A TREATY in 1895.

Iraq already has its own government and the process is underway for them to have an elected government. The terrorists in Iraq are doing more to harm democratic development in Iraq than they are in helping it. Do you really think Al Sadr really wants democracy in Iraq? If you do, you are a fool.

Taiwan was a province of China, is a province of China, so will it be in the future.

Taiwan was a province of the Qing Empire for less than a decade. It was ceded away and nothing has happened to legally give Taiwan back to the Chinese administration.

Taiwan was not a country, is not a country, and never will!

Taiwan already IS a country. It has its own government, its own military, its own currency and economic system, etc. It is ChiCOm diehards who can't accept that Taiwan IS a country and the majority of the people of Taiwan recognize that fact. Taiwan was NOT given to China following World War II and there is nothing you can do to change that!

For diehard TI people like you, the answer can only be found in battefield, it is a waste of time to reason with you. We will see you soon. You have now joined my ignore list with Westy and FredT. Good luck.

It is people like you who want the battlefield. It is your side who constantly talks about war, NOT Taiwan. Taiwan is a vibrant democracy and China can't deal with that. You also can't handle someone who actually KNOWS the history and law involved, hence you have to put me on your ignore list. You are such a joke!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love it when a CHiCom admits surrender!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Taiwan was a province of the Qing Empire for less than a decade. It was ceded away and nothing has happened to legally give Taiwan back to the Chinese administration.

please tell me,isn't the Qing Empire china,if the Qing Empire isn't china,then what the hell is it.one china PRC,don't you know.and china CCP.

Taiwan already IS a country. It has its own government, its own military, its own currency and economic system, etc.

The PRC promised Taiwan to keep its own government,own military,its own currency and economic system.......you don't know it?or just you don't want to know!besides,how many countries in the world admit taiwan is a country.so please don't daydream here.

It is your side who constantly talks about war, NOT Taiwan. Taiwan is a vibrant democracy and China can't deal with that

the war is only the last restort,if the Taiwan doesn't declare indepedence,there will never be one.but it is your side who contiually provoke the PRC governmet.
as for your democracy(I can't help laughing),the so-called 3-19 "shooting case",can it be democracy.I must admit your president is such a good actor(and a even better a director).
and there is also the intentionally distorted publicity of the chinesemainland,no wonder why some of u hate the chinesemainland.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by suihx]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

No. Now US has captured Saddam and have found no WMD. Iraq is no more danger to US, why US is still staying and killing Iraqi people all day?

Return Iraq to Iraqi people and withdraw troops from Iraq to regain US credibility. Otherwise US will still be invaders, aggressors, and occupiers, and will eventually be defeated by Iraqi Resistance and Freedom Fighters.

No. But I support those fight to liberate their country from occupation. They are heroes of Iraq, and should be honored. They are comparable to those heroes of China for resisting and defeating Japan occupation of China in 1930s and 40s.

Just ask the Iraqi people. Aggressors will never say they are aggressors.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Their propaganda machine was publicly exposed a few mothns ago when Chinese officials jailed a doctor who requested his government to tell the truth about the SARS epidemic. He was then sent to "education camp" and was threatened not ever to question the government again. What kind of government would jail its citizen for speaking out?
That is what happens when your country is "communist/socalist/" country. There is only one party running for power. Imagine the bickering inside their own party.

To me, he is a scum selected by Western media to expose SARS to deter investment in China. SARS was a bio attack by US, as a preparation before Iraq war and to disrupt Chinese economy. Many Chinese people remember the heinous attack by US. Bu Shi Bu Bao, Shi Hou Wei Dao!

He got what he deserves.

Their propaganda machine extends over to America too. In Chinatowns or in states where Chinese are not taught, there are classes for second generation Chinese Americans or later who want to learn Chinese being funded by Chinese government. In those classes, you learn Madarin Chinese, but sometimes the "teachers" would squeeze into those children's mind Chinese's propaganda like how Mao is the greatest leader of China, or how the Tinammen Square incident was just made up by the West. It is only up to our imaginatin of what those Chinese children are learning in there.

Why do not you attend the class youself or your child to know what really taught? Allegation do not constitute truth. I guess you prefer to ban people from learning Chinese. How pathetic.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have said this before but you do not seem to remember.
Taiwanese businesses are still in Taiwan, in terms of leadership. Because of the wage Chinese workers are being paid, they decided to move the production to China. This is called branching. In the process of branching, the investors paid a little money to set up in China but soon the profits will go back to Taiwan. Compare to the amount of money made, China profits little from it.

You are right. Taiwan businesses in China are to make money, and they made a lot of money. That is why more businesses are moving to China.

Mainland is now the largest trading partner, and Taiwan gains more than 20 billion in surplus. Taiwan has full access to Mainland market, but has strict restrictions on Mainland products entering Taiwan.

In a sense, Mainland is supplying money to support Taiwan Independence by enabling they to purchase more weapons from US. I am completely against current Economy policy with Taiwan. At least, if Taiwan do not open its market for Mainland products, Mainland should also close market to Taiwan products.

How are China planning on destroy Taiwan's economy? Taiwanese are very conservative in doing business, that is why they were not hit when the 1997 economic crisis hit Asia.Taiwan is Switzerland in Asia, very conservative. China was hit the hardest because China's economy depends on exporting goods and the idea of "anything goes."
One question for you. Have the US ever sold weapons to its allies? No, we give our allies weapons, we export only jet fighters and heavy machineries to them if they demand is high and we can't afford to give them. When we give aids, we do not actually give money, but things instead. Giving money has a higher chance of corruption in the system.

Yes. US is glad to supply free weapons for rebels to tropple or destablize a country not following Washington orders like Haite, Venezula, and many conflicts in Africa, South America and Latin America.

Remember those purchases from Iran and Pakistan, US kept the US paid and do not deliver the goods. For Taiwan, it has to pay upfront, and can only hope to get weapon many years later.

It is really good to be ally of US, like Poland by spuring their blood in Iraq.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

To me, he is a scum selected by Western media to expose SARS to deter investment in China.

I'm from the chinesemainland,in this point,I disagree with you.to me,Jianyanhui is a hero.he just told the truth,and no one should be punished by telling the truth.if the chinesemainland's government hadn't tried to conceal the truth,SARS can be dealed with much quicker.
if the chinese government hadn't persecuted the intellects who told the truth .then there won't have been the "Cutural Revolution",that rediculous history has such a great bad impact that some chinese people(esp the aged) still have fear of telling their thoughts.
the chinese government should go on the reform in the regime,introduce democracy to settled the problem of corruption.only in this way,will china can be strong and developed.

after all, to tell the truth is never a crime.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by suihx
I'm from the chinesemainland,in this point,I disagree with you.to me,Jianyanhui is a hero.he just told the truth,and no one should be punished by telling the truth.if the chinesemainland's government hadn't tried to conceal the truth,SARS can be dealed with much quicker.
if the chinese government hadn't persecuted the intellects who told the truth .then there won't have been the "Cutural Revolution",that rediculous history has such a great bad impact that some chinese people(esp the aged) still have fear of telling their thoughts.
the chinese government should go on the reform in the regime,introduce democracy to settled the problem of corruption.only in this way,will china can be strong and developed.

after all, to tell the truth is never a crime.

Just like protest against corruption was not a crime in 1989. The real problem is that the West esp. US use them to advance their own agenda.

I do agree that He shared some credit for rapid measures to put down SARS. US and the West was very keen on the effect on PLA, and he was a member in a milltary hospital. Whatever effects of SARS on PLA are classified.

He used his fame gained from the SARS plight to promote West interest to destablize China. He sided with Ming Yun and FLG. I do not have sympathy for him.

You have valid reasons to credit him on SARS. But for me, he is just a troll of US.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No. Now US has captured Saddam and have found no WMD. Iraq is no more danger to US, why US is still staying and killing Iraqi people all day?

who cares about the WMD?they are not killing iraqi's every day,they are killing terrorists,criminals and fundamentalists

Return Iraq to Iraqi people and withdraw troops from Iraq to regain US credibility. Otherwise US will still be invaders, aggressors, and occupiers, and will eventually be defeated by Iraqi Resistance and Freedom Fighters.

do you understand what will happen if the US withdraw? Al Sadr will gain control of the country by a civil war and establish a islamic regime.then the iraqi's will blame the americans for not caring about us

No. But I support those fight to liberate their country from occupation. They are heroes of Iraq, and should be honored. They are comparable to those heroes of China for resisting and defeating Japan occupation of China in 1930s and 40s.

the ones that want liberty are the ones that are collaborating with the iraqi gov and the coalition.

so the chinese who resisted where criminals and fundementalists?

Just ask the Iraqi people. Aggressors will never say they are aggressors.

of course they never new what democracy is like.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

who cares about the WMD?they are not killing iraqi's every day,they are killing terrorists,criminals and fundamentalists

US troops are invaders and terrorists in Iraq. US went into Iraq with the excuse of WMD and Saddam. Now US have no excuses any more, just blunt aggression and occupation.

do you understand what will happen if the US withdraw? Al Sadr will gain control of the country by a civil war and establish a islamic regime.then the iraqi's will blame the americans for not caring about us

Sadr is now Iraqi Hero by resisting US invaders. Just ask Iraqi people, not US puppets.

the ones that want liberty are the ones that are collaborating with the iraqi gov and the coalition.
so the chinese who resisted where criminals and fundementalists?

The ones collaborating with current US puppets are similar to Chinese traitors under Wang Jingwei. They are helping invaders and occupiers, and should be killed.

Now Iraqi people have tasted the sweet US democrazy, and they are responding to that taste. Worse than Saddam !!!

[edit on 23-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

To me, he is a scum selected by Western media to expose SARS to deter investment in China. SARS was a bio attack by US, as a preparation before Iraq war and to disrupt Chinese economy. Many Chinese people remember the heinous attack by US. Bu Shi Bu Bao, Shi Hou Wei Dao!

He got what he deserves.

Why do not you attend the class youself or your child to know what really taught? Allegation do not constitute truth. I guess you prefer to ban people from learning Chinese. How pathetic.

What did he deserve? Even if he were elected by the West to expose the SARS, he was telling the truth anyway.
True or False
1. China was covering the truth about SARS, in fear of the people might know the truth? True
2. Dr. Jiang Yanyong is a real doctor. True.
If he is a real doctor, his job is to help the sick. It is his job to critize the government for not telling their people the truth.
3. Dr. Jiang Yanyong has always been a critic of the government, dating back to the Tiananmen Square massacre. "He had publicly called for a reexamination of the events surrounding the massacre. Several dissidents were harassed and effectively subjected to house arrest. " hrw.org. True. Not only he tried to expose the SARS, he tried to expose the Tiananmen Square massacre.
4. "When a courageous doctor points out the Chinese government's abusive practices, he should be honored". Your opinion, Zcheng.

Please, don't try to twist my words, i have never said that i do not like Chinese nor against the people who learn it. I thought you were an intelligent debater eventhough you have different views from us.
I actually love to learn Chinese. I think it is a unique language. I have attended Chinese class in college but i could not absorb all the lessons. Saying that, i have attended Chinese class and i loved it. The reason i brought this issue up is because a few years ago, in my local area, a teacher was exposed of teaching communism idea into children's head while learning Chinese. They were taught the Tiananmen Square massacre was a bluff made up by the West, how the successful the Cultural Revolution was but in fact it was a total disaster. All the old traditions and anything that critized the government was abolished. It was on the local paper, i'll try to find the article online for you to read. It is these classes funded by the communist Chinese government that are dilluting the youth. These people teach these things in the dark. It is the children who told their parents about what they were told in class that the story was exposed. If what the Chinese government did was right, then why are they teaching in the dark? As if the propaganda machine wanted to justify what they did. Two wrongs do not make a right.

What "heinous attack" are you talking about?

[edit on 23-8-2004 by jazzmaster]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Now Iraqi people have tasted the sweet US democrazy, and they are responding to that taste. Worse than Saddam !!!

Could you explain to me how is it worse than Saddam Hussein?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by suihx

please tell me,isn't the Qing Empire china,if the Qing Empire isn't china,then what the hell is it.one china PRC,don't you know.and china CCP.

One China and one Taiwan. Taiwan is NOT a part of China. The Qing surrendered Taiwan to the Japanese in 1895. No treaty ever "returned" Taiwan to Chinese rule.

The PRC promised Taiwan to keep its own government,own military,its own currency and economic system.......you don't know it?or just you don't want to know!besides,how many countries in the world admit taiwan is a country.so please don't daydream here.

And we all know how good PRC promises are. THey are worth absolutely NOTHING!

the war is only the last restort,if the Taiwan doesn't declare indepedence,there will never be one.but it is your side who contiually provoke the PRC governmet.

Taiwan has never done anything to provoke the PRC government other than assert its right as a sovereign nation. Taiwan is no threat at all to the PRC. Most Taiwanese wish to live peacefully side by side with China. I agree with that. I am NOT anti-China. I love CHina and the Chinese people. What I can NOT accept is the attitude of their government concerning a territory that they have no legal claim to.

as for your democracy(I can't help laughing),the so-called 3-19 "shooting case",can it be democracy.I must admit your president is such a good actor(and a even better a director).
and there is also the intentionally distorted publicity of the chinesemainland,no wonder why some of u hate the chinesemainland.

I don't hate China, I hate the Chinese government. Huge distinction there. As for the 3-19 assassination attempt, perhaps if the Lien-Song campaign hadn't so stirred up the passions of their supporters, a lone pan-Blue supporter wouldn't have gone off half-cocked with a small "homemade" pistol and try to bop off the President and Vice President of this country!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

He got what he deserves.

So better to keep lying to the Chinese people and to the rest of the world about the SARS situation (which China undoubtedly did for at least a couple of months) so that CHina's investment can continue. Who cares about the health of the Chinese people and the possibility that the disease could spread to other countries.

What was particularly evil about the Chinese government was their active blocking of WHO assistance to Taiwan for SEVEN WEEKS while Taiwan was trying to deal with the situation. China blocked WHO experts from coming to Taiwan and even blocked information from being relayed to people here in Taiwan. China even had the gall to claim to speak for Taiwan at WHO forums that were convened for the purpose of gathering information on SARS in different countries. And the absurd claim that China was looking after the health of Taiwanese people was simply ludicrious! And you wonder why people in Taiwan hate the Chinese government so much!

I have no problem with people learning Chinese, my daughter will be taught Chinese (using REAL Chinese characters I might add), but the propoganda that is taught at PRC language centers is mind numbing. A Taiwanese friend of mine attended such a class in Houston a couple of years ago. She withdrew because of the propaganda that was spewed supporting the ChiCom government.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join