It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your SS# Match Your State of Birth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Important

Many of you are not even interpretting this data correctly. Your social security number does not have to match where you were born -- especially if your parents did not get one for you right away which is more likely if you were born before 1985 or so.

It is usually connected to where you were living at the time that the social security number was requested.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Again wrong. I had lived in Cal all my younger years... I actually used the wrong SS for years, I went to have it replaced and they told me as much, I said well how do I recoup what I have paid in then? They said, there are many defunct unreal SS#s out there and when someone uses the wrong number as in your case or they use a fictitious one in the case of an illegal alien, that money all goes into a separate fund which goes back to SS and cannot be recouped.

So I wonder how many gazillions of dollars have gone into these fake SS#s and how much back into black ops?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yes , mine matches all the links found in this thread .

I have explained this whole ssn mess in a couple of other threads , but true to ATS form , everyone just drives right on past .

This is ATS , a conspiracy theory that can't be proven trumps the truth 24/7 around here .

And yes the number was indeed issued by the SSA . I have also shown this in other threads . Anyone who is saying that it is not a validly issued number has been misinformed and is misinforming everyone else .

And no , I will not go to the trouble of posting links again . Why should I ? they will get ignored in this thread just like they were in the others . Anyone who is seriously interested can go to my profile page and click on my post history and dig the info out for themselves .

This whole mess has been proven to be a non-issue over and over again .

edit on 31-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

That's a very important point...It was not until you had to have a SS# to claim your child as a dependent that children started getting SS# issued almost at birth which if I remember correctly it came about with the Regan tax law changes in the mid 1980's.

Prior to that the SS# were issued based of the mailing address you gave them which was usually in the state you resided in.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

A few people already mentioned this

Guess you got it issued somewhere else:

Area Number:
For the most part, the government has assigned numbers starting in New England and moving to the south and west from there. People on the eastern seaboard typically have the lowest numbers, while those in California have the highest. The Area Number refers to a geographical region of the United States, usually a state or territory. Prior to 1972, the government issued social security cards from local offices around the country, with the Area Number specifying the state where the card and number were issued. This wasn't necessarily the state where the individual resided, since one can apply for a card in any office. After 1972, when the government began assigning SSNs and cards centrally from an office in Maryland, this number has been based on the zip code from the mailing address provided by the applicant. Of course, a person's mailing address isn't necessarily the same as their place of residence. So, the Area Number does not always represent the applicant's state of residence.

Cached: How SS#'s Work

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

I agree that this is a non-issue. This thread was an attempt to show that many of us, not just Obama, may have a SS# that does not jive with thier personal information.

I think I have been successful in that.

BTW, my SS# still does not add up. Regardless of which list, or column it is listed, it my SS# is still listed in NM. No connection to NM in anyway, at all.

I still think I am a Dulce lab reject.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Most interesting.

Mine matches just fine. My parents did apply for mine in the state where I was born at the time of the dependency requirements.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Maybe your parents had friends or relatives who lived in NM at the time of your birth and they used their address as a mailing address , so that if they were deployed to other locations your card would not be mailed to the base . As I mentioned in the other threads , your mailing address does not have to be in the state you reside in .

I know that if I was in the military , I would have it mailed to an address of somewhere other than the base , just in case I was deployed to another location and it arrived while I was gone and then returned to sender because I wasn't there to receive it , or forwarded to my destination , only to miss it again because I had been sent to another location in the meantime .

Sending it to a stable address would be the most logical thing to do .

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
My number is skipped on there. It is not that it gives an incorrect State. It is just not there.
So either-
A: I am not real
or
B: That site is flawed

You should probably check a more credible source.

Relax, on the bright side...

You can still be President.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
not mentioned is that certain prefixes are reserved for foreign born applicants.

Also, I disagree with the notion that numbers are not issued sequentially. Mh hubby & I have sequential SSN's

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You are the exception and not the rule. Of course social security makes mistakes...since when doesn't the government make mistakes?

I am not arguing about Obama at all, but I can't stand to watch people debate a topic without even knowing what information they are looking at.

There are many posts on here that focus solely on where one is born....and unless you were born prior to the 80's (maybe 70's), it wasn't required that you got a social security number at birth. Which changes everything.

For example, I received mine when I was 5 or 6. It does not have to reference where I was born, only the state from which it was requested or the state in which it was being sent.

Much of this was done simply by the address of the request. Having participated in the last thread, i saw many people change their mind once they realized that and went and asked mom or dad and sure enough, found out that their parents waited before getting them one and that their social referenced where they were living at that time.

Again, I am talking about generalities and not every instance. Yours is an example of a mistake -- and not in any way indicative of how the system is supposed to -- and more often than not does-- work.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I mentioned in the OP that the entire Obama SS# issue was the basis for this thread, and so far I think the responses show one very key thing.......as a previous post stated, SS#'s do not 100% prove where you where born.

So that is my agenda, to prove this issue is pretty much silly. Some people will use interesting, yet trivial information to try and drum-up a conspiracy against those they disagree with. Keep in mind that I am a conserative, and wish Obama was history, but the SS#/birther issue has become a 3-ring circus, and its more humorous than anythign else.

Thanks for playing along!

My SSN does not match the state where I was born but matches the state I was living in when I requested the number.

I believe the hoopla regarding Obama's SSN is about the fact it was from a state he has never lived in and was previously given to another individual.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I guess we learn something every day, Didn't know about the pre-fix indicators
Anyways, mine and my wifes matches..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Yes the hoopla is about Obama's being from a state in which he never lived, but so is mine. I have done some more digging this afternoon and we have absolutely no connections in NM, military or otherwise. So why does my SS# match to NM? Does this pose a problem if I ever want to publicly serve?

Just trying to show the ridiculousness of it all.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

I believe the hoopla regarding Obama's SSN is about the fact it was from a state he has never lived in and was previously given to another individual.

That was exactly the issue all along. Nobody in the other thread, nor in this one so far, has been able to make any connection with Obama and Connecticut.

Not from vacations in his books, relative addresses, his own addresses, etc.

If someone could just show how Obama is connected to Connecticut this whole thing would go away.

Frankly, I am going with the whole CIA involvement and assigned social security number for their "special friends". There is a CIA connection I believe to Connecticut which was shown in the prior thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Uhhm Nope that site is far from correct because my number is not even represented there and Im 37 years old.

Nice try though. Im sure some Obama supporter made this up.

I cant believe your taking the word of some random site when its not even remotely accurate.

Post something from the SS admin.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Sky watcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by Sky watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yep, mine is there for Washington. 534...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Since 1972, social security numbers have been issued by the central office of the Social Security Administration. The first three (3) digits of a person's social security number are determined by the ZIP Code of the mailing address shown on the application for a social security number.

Prior to 1972, social security numbers were assigned by field offices. The number merely established that his/her card was issued by one of our offices in that State.

Social Security Number - Area Group Serial

The Social Security number consists of nine (9) digits - 1 2 3 - 4 5 - 6 7 8 9. The first three digits of a social security number denote the area (or State) where the application for an original Social Security number was filed.

Within each area, the group number (middle two (2) digits) range from 01 to 99 but are not assigned in consecutive order. For administrative reasons, group numbers issued first consist of the ODD numbers from 01 through 09 and then EVEN numbers from 10 through 98, within each area number allocated to a State. After all numbers in group 98 of a particular area have been issued, the EVEN Groups 02 through 08 are used, followed by ODD Groups 11 through 99.

www.einvestigator.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

SSA
Here is a link to the SSA site. I hope it works for you.
Still does not explain my particular situation. and why my SS# does not match.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yeah wierd! I was born in Ft. Hood, Texas as well. No match up for me either!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join