It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Gas Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Apparently today is No Gas Day, just found that out in the news and wanted to share. Good thing I got gas yesterday.

www.mlive.com...

Will this really have any effect on the greedy gas companies? I hope so and I like the idea, gas prices are getting out of hand and the reasons for price raising don't make any sense to me...any thoughts?
edit on 31-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/3/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
well unfortunately i'm running on fumes so I have to stop for some good
old 3.65 gasoline. ya me

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I hope gas prices keep climbing until people can't afford it anymore... will be done and over once and for all. People should stop buying cars altogether and start walking. I know tons of people who use their cars to drive to the corner store, it's just dumb and about time they were forced to stop.

Do you even know what fuel is and do you know how much of it there is left? It's made up of 'fossils' which take up to 650 million years to be produced... there is less than a 40 year supply of fuel left.

So it doesn't really matter if you boycott or not, reality is that the supply is being drained at a very fast pace and we're running out, this means that there is absolutely nothing you can do to get the prices to drop and will only steadily rise until we run out. Perhaps, by that time we'll realize how actually important it is.

Remember 40 years ago? We thought that cars would fly... is the future that promising? I don't think so... therefor we're pretty much #ed unless we make a drastic change TODAY. Boycotting is not change and it's not drastic.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Drastic much?

We are not running out of fuel. We are running out of ground oil, big difference.

I have dabbled with biodiesel, not as much fun, but would suffice.

As for walking...okay sure that works for getting myself to where I need to go, how about my kids? How about the things I need to bring back? You going to carry my 200 odd pounds of groceries for me?

I love how the enviro's always want us to stop, but present no VIABLE solution for replacement.

And don't even get me started on electrics...the environmental impacts on the batteries alone will make all of our years on oil look like a wet fart.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't buy that peak oil theory. The US still has untapped and capped reserves. I somethings think that we are allowing the rest of the world to burn up their oil and saving ours for later. That being said, I believe fuel prices are being kept artificially high in order to further transfer all of our wealth to the corporations and banks. One day of no oil buying will not harm them in the least. People will just fuel their hummers tomorrow. Gas prices will likely have risen overnight resulting in extra profit for TPTB.

new topics

top topics

join