It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REBEL THOUGHTS _ Serve your Job Notice, You Demand Silver for Labor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Are we out of patriotism yet... ? do we still count... ? are they coming to kill us... ? are we being
invaded like the movie series V.? wheres the line - where do we take a stand... ? do we even have to... ?
I find it strange that people who have faught for America are actually helping destroy it.. ?
if there is a line - this should be it - If Michigan Falls to Corporate Interests, then the rest may want to use that opportunity to toss a monkey wrench into what ever these Valiens are trying to accomplish with us humans.
they want our guns - why> ? dont know - maybe thats our ace in the hole. dont know - but
I really think guns are mechanical therefore they can not be screwed with by their technology.

what do you think of that Idea... ? got any better ideas... ? even if we leave the US, whos to say they aren't doing it there too.. crazy stuff going on everywhere -

edit on 31-3-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In 1998, I was on Usenet talking about Governance and Corporations (combined with Wall Street) using their immense influence, moving into it. Now, manufactured crisis led by fascists who hate Democracy are poised to make it a reality. Is this the Republican's last stab at Fascism? They have a history, you know.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In 1970 gold was $35 per ounce and minimum wage was $1.60 or $64 per week. Today minimum wage is $7.25 or $290 per week. Some how I do not think that I am able to tade my weeks wages for almost two ounces of gold. In fact a person would have to be making close to $2500 per week.

But gold is a commodity so let's look at a loaf of bread. 33 cents in 1970. So despite the advances in both technology and distribution a loaf of bread should still be 20% of minimum wage right? So a loaf should be $1.50 or less if you take in account less labor involved. Nope, a loaf of bread is $2.00 around here.

So we are worse off than we were 41 years ago when an average single income family could buy a house and car and still save for a retirement.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In 1977 the minimum wage was $2.10, A typical 19" color TV, such as the Sony Trinitron, sold for $400. An Apple ][ computer with 2 disk drives and a whopping 64K of memory was over $3,000. You coulpdn't buy a hard disk. When they finally became available they were $1000 for 10 (ten) mega (not giga) bytes..

In 2011 the minimum wage is (what he said above). A typical 32" LCD Sony TV is about $400. A typical laptop such as a Toshiba with several gigabytes of RAM and a 100GB hard disk is about $500. You can but a several gigabyte thumb drive for $10.00.

Gas when I was in high school was 35 cents a gallon when I made $1.25 an hour. Now it is $3.50, but I make $40 an hour. Not only that, my old car, a '57 Ford, got 10 MPG. My car today gets 30 MPG. In terms of 'bang for the buck' I'm doing pretty well. In terms of cost it is much cheaper.

You can always cherry pick your examples, just like I have here. But nobody is going to be "demandin" silver for their labor any time soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Good point about cherry picking cutting edge technology versus common items. However even at $40 an hour, you are still only earning about one ounce of gold versus the nearly two ounces that a minimum wage earn could have bought in 1970.

But if you account for the technology and lower labor cost to put that loaf a bread on the store shelf shouldn't be about 75 cents to be on pace with the other items you mentioned? Or should that loaf be about $14 to reflect the price of gold?

top topics

join