It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's drug testing conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I don't know how anyone who considers themselves a freeman/woman can be okay with drug tests.

Well, would a "freeman" be living off government handouts?

You are onto something, I don't think any self-respecting, self-reliant, self-responsible person should stand to have themselves drug-tested. That is an invasion of privacy!

Now, if you come asking me for money, then you are at the mercy of my requests, if you want the money. I think people living off handouts should be drugtested, made to do community service, made to pass home inspections, etc., etc. If they are going to sit home and live off my handouts, they better be up early, clean the house, dressed for success, bright-eyed and bushy tailed!

If someone doesn't want to live under those conditions, then they can make their own way. If they want my help, do it my way.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
Isn't it better to get some people OFF welfare than keep them on when some are using the money for drugs?

Isn't it more Cost Effective to test - find the ones using drugs - stop their welfare checks = save money in the long run......

It is not cost effective. That's the whole point of objections to it. No one is arguing that drug taking welfare recipients represents something good - but drug testing is not a cost effective way to combat it. Clearly you're not reading those responses which point this out.

I think folks also need to understand the purpose of welfare benefits. Anyone who thinks welfare is handed out because society is 'caring' needs to think again (although where disability is concerned this can now be held to be true). Modern welfare payments were initiated by Otto Von Bismarck, Chancellor of Germany, because he feared revolt by the poorer classes against the elites. Most western welfare systems were introduced by the elites after World War One because the quality and health of the population was so piss poor that they could not fight in war effectively. Welfare was to ensure that a healthy population could be conscripted in times of war. Today, arguably, those who take drugs would be of no use to the military should large numbers be conscripted in the event of war. Hence the willingness to remove them from welfare payments. There's always a sub text, always.

Oz
edit on 1-4-2011 by Ozscot because: Ooops

<< 1  2  3   >>

join