It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happend to Assange?♣

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just a general thought really, anyone know whats happend to the guy? just ive seen nothing really, he might as well have dissapeard off the face of the earth for all i know.

So yeah anyone got any ideas or news articles about his trails and tribulations recently

~Ted

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I'm not sure where he disappeared to, but it appears to me that the Israeli run COintlPRO op that is wikileaks was exposed for what it really is, the media made a valiant attempt to keep him in the spotlight and bring credibility back to him, but it failed because of people like us on sites like this.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

That's an interesting point. Searching for recent news about him is fairly fruitless. I guess we'll just wait and see. It certainly is a possibility that he's been "taken care of". Wouldn't that get anonymous moving

More than likely, since he's on bail right now, he's just lying low and planning....planning what? Revenge?, Date-Rape? I dunno, but thanks for the Thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neOrevolutionist

Thats what i thought, i think hes been erased frankly
Poor guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is two weeks old.

independant article

It seems bail conditions impose some strict conditions on reporting anything about him.
edit on 31-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

He is still in the news here and there, well in Australia. He actually made a surprise webcam visit during Q&A an Australian political talk show and grilled the PM live on air

14/03/11

There is also this article from 07/03/11 -

Assange extradition fears are real

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38377e4b2406.jpg[/atsimg]

In theory, it ought to be difficult for the Obama administration, pressured by the resurgent and bloodthirsty Right, to demand the extradition of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from Sweden.

But the reality is that the Swedes will succumb to political pressure and undermine or sidestep the rule of law and allow the US ‘to land their quarry’.

The claim by Assange’s legal team that one of the prime arguments against their client being extradited to Sweden to face investigation over alleged sexual assault charges is that he will end up being tortured in a high security American prison, are not simply hyperbolic advocacy.

Under Swedish law the extradition of an individual to a non-Nordic or non-European Union country can only occur if the following conditions are met.

Firstly, the principle of dual criminality applies. That is, the act or alleged crime for which extradition is requested must be equivalent to a crime that is punishable under Swedish law by a jail term of one year or more. So you can’t be extradited for traffic offences for example.

Full Article - ABC

top topics

join