It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This whole Secret Societies Forum is nothing more than a Freemasons Recruitment Center.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Let me direct your attention to

www.abovetopsecret.com... .

2 moderators that regularly are making comments in this? Really?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
^
Religious conspiracies, fine where it is

^
Arranged adoptions? Stupid, but it is a conspiracy

^
OK, you are absolutely correct about that one, and you should have used the alert feature. That one needs trashed. The OP has minimal content, but at least it is concerning the conspiracy of the website where illuminati spelled backwards directs you to the NSA website.

^
Also more of a chitchat thread, it concerns the charity of Masons, and how to join, but he does mention that some people think Masons are bad, so it has a slight conspiracy edge. Again, if you disagree, use the alert feature and staff will decide if it needs moved.

^
Definite conspiracy talk in this one about Masonry and religion. It is in the correct place.

^
Definitely the right place, that OP has a serious issue with Masons and the founders of Philly. LOL!

^
Also in the right place, it is a minimal post, and I hate one-liners and then links, but the subject is "the agenda of Freemasonry," so it is a conspiracy topic.

If the moderators want to do their #ing job, they would delete/lock/move the threads above. That is not even half of the junk I find. So much for keeping civility and decorum in these forums.
edit on 31-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

If you have read the Terms and Conditions, then you know that it is also your job to alert staff when you see something that isn't being handled. If the Moderators were Nazi's about their job, I would have snipped your post for language and a personal attack, and I would have issued a warning and/or post ban. How about you try being the change you want to see? Use the tools at your disposal, be a contributing member instead of a whiner.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I will not argue with you on your decisions.

1) The Secret Societies forum is for collaborative discussion regarding conspiracies, scandals, secrets, and cover-ups that are both contemporary and historical.

4) No general threads about Freemasonry will be tolerated on ATS.

Originally posted by getreadyalready

If you have read the Terms and Conditions, then you know that it is also your job to alert staff when you see something that isn't being handled. If the Moderators were Nazi's about their job, I would have snipped your post for language and a personal attack, and I would have issued a warning and/or post ban. How about you try being the change you want to see? Use the tools at your disposal, be a contributing member instead of a whiner.

I do often use the Alert tool. And I will whine because this is now in the rant forum!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I know the rules, and I agree with you on a couple of those threads.

Did you use the alert feature, or did you just put up a post complaining about it? ETA: You already answered!

I do often use the Alert tool. And I will whine because this is now in the rant forum!!!

Fair enough.

Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

Clicking ALERT! on the menu is the most efficient way for staff to quickly see and act on issues in posts and threads, be they positive or negative. Providing details in the alert can help staff pinpoint the issue.
(Posting notes to mods in threads is not an effective way to get the attention of the staff. Please help staff to keep ATS running smoothly and within the T&C by using the ALERT! item in the menu.)

Moderators are People Too

The very nature of our topics attracts people with strong opinions who desire to engage in discussion about their position on these topics. Our staff is included in this category! It is inevitable that those who care most about the proper day-to-day operation of this community will have passionate positions on many of our core topics. Some express those opinions with more tact than others, but the fact remains, those opinions of long-term staff and long-term members have shaped what we have become. Moderators have opinions too.

edit on 31-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

Well...by the responses you got, seems you're pretty close...which is umh...kinda creepy

Kinda like a guy telling you he's into swinger parties and on the lookout for potential members

edit on 31-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Dajjal

you are partially right. The forum wasn't designed for that but it does serve that purpose. In fact, it's partly how I joined. I came here for lots of reasons, one of them because I saw the masonry discussions and I was a little interested in finding out what they were. I now try to help people who come here asking the same questions I asked in hopes that they find the happiness I did by joining. I don't think it's against the T&C so I keep doing it. And I enjoy a good debate with a well informed detractor as well. I don't like the pompous arrogant ones, but whatever.
Let me know if you need a petition.

Thankyou Network, a very honest answer, honesty being a rare commodity these days.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by fordrew

The first two lines of the OP

Well, title says it all really, not alot else to say.

Except I am shocked, and that deserves a rant

And the thread got moved to.............Rant?

I don't see the issue here?

How the hell can you move my thread when it relates to the nonsense that is taking place in the Secret Societies forum, yes I used the word rant about 20 words in, but I made a specific point with my title, tbh my post could of just consisted of the title.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dajjal

What ?, the Freemasons had a little meeting, in secret of course, and decided that far too many people (sheeple, yeah dont you just love that patronising term) were starting to think for themselves for a change, instead of just sitting in front of their TV's all night, sucking up the mainstream filtered bull# untill an alcohol induced coma forces lights out.

So you all jump on here for a little bit of Social Monitoring, and if we can convert a few "free thinkers" to the cause, hey all the better, two birds, one stone.

WTF ATS, are you for real with this ?, I mean seriously.

rant over.

OK, here is your whole OP.

First Off, I didn't move it, I am participating in it as a member.

Secondly, nothing gets done unilaterly, there was a discussion behind the scenes, and the consensus of others was to move it.

Third, where is your conspiracy argument? Your entire thread is about how you disagree with the use of the Secret Societies Forum. That is a "Rant" nothing more, you even say so yourself. Threads critical of the site, or the staff, or some particular forum either go in the Board Questions, or the Complaints Forum (for staff to review), or the Rant Forum.

As mentioned before, if you disagree, use the Complaint or Alert feature and it will alert and open a discussion among staff. You could alsu message the Mod that moved the thread, but try to be polite.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

Hahaaa...hit a nerve with this thread...kewl.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by fordrew

I know the rules, and I agree with you on a couple of those threads.

Did you use the alert feature, or did you just put up a post complaining about it? ETA: You already answered!

Fair enough.

Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

Clicking ALERT! on the menu is the most efficient way for staff to quickly see and act on issues in posts and threads, be they positive or negative. Providing details in the alert can help staff pinpoint the issue.
(Posting notes to mods in threads is not an effective way to get the attention of the staff. Please help staff to keep ATS running smoothly and within the T&C by using the ALERT! item in the menu.)

Moderators are People Too

The very nature of our topics attracts people with strong opinions who desire to engage in discussion about their position on these topics. Our staff is included in this category! It is inevitable that those who care most about the proper day-to-day operation of this community will have passionate positions on many of our core topics. Some express those opinions with more tact than others, but the fact remains, those opinions of long-term staff and long-term members have shaped what we have become. Moderators have opinions too.

edit on 31-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

very well! It is just kind of stressful that when people want to talk about SECRET societies (which is rather paradoxical to begin with because if you know about it then it is not really a secret anyways), that they talk about our Fraternity as if it were secret.

The monitors are unfortunately littered on the internet and that bothers me but what can I say welcome to the internet. The internet is also littered with information on how to join, yet they ask here on ATS? It makes no sense.

It makes no sense that people accuse us of things when the information is available. Yet people on here time and time again recite and source things they found on some christian anti - mason website as opposed to looking at the real information out there. It makes no sense how severely misinformed and delusional these people are.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I entirely agree with everything you just said!
To be honest, I thought you were coming at it from the other side, but yes, it is annoying, the information is out there, etc., etc.

I see those threads as an opportunity to educate people, and about half the time they listen intelligently, and half the time they are already convinced of the fictions they have read elsewhere. There was a thread last week where someone called me a "low-level Mason" and told me I had no idea what was going on. Ironically, Governor Scott was near my office, and I talked to him for a few minutes before I could respond to the post.

Yes, us poor lowly Masons just don't have any contact or access to the "real" agenda.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dajjal

What ?, the Freemasons had a little meeting, in secret of course, and decided that far too many people (sheeple, yeah dont you just love that patronising term) were starting to think for themselves for a change, instead of just sitting in front of their TV's all night, sucking up the mainstream filtered bull# untill an alcohol induced coma forces lights out.

So you all jump on here for a little bit of Social Monitoring, and if we can convert a few "free thinkers" to the cause, hey all the better, two birds, one stone.

WTF ATS, are you for real with this ?, I mean seriously.

rant over.

OK, here is your whole OP.

First Off, I didn't move it, I am participating in it as a member.

Secondly, nothing gets done unilaterly, there was a discussion behind the scenes, and the consensus of others was to move it.

Third, where is your conspiracy argument? Your entire thread is about how you disagree with the use of the Secret Societies Forum. That is a "Rant" nothing more, you even say so yourself. Threads critical of the site, or the staff, or some particular forum either go in the Board Questions, or the Complaints Forum (for staff to review), or the Rant Forum.

As mentioned before, if you disagree, use the Complaint or Alert feature and it will alert and open a discussion among staff. You could alsu message the Mod that moved the thread, but try to be polite.

Third, where is your conspiracy argument?

Did you not read what Networkdude posted ?

I get dumped in Rants because I question the use, or abuse of Secret Societies Forum ?

Ok I want to make a Complaint, my complaint goes as follows -

The Secret Societies Forum is being used as a recruitment center, by Freemasons.

Ok.

Regards,

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

Ok I want to make a Complaint, my complaint goes as follows -

The Secret Societies Forum is being used as a recruitment center, by Freemasons.

Ok.

Regards,

That does not constitute a complaint. That constitutes a rant.

A "complaint" has a button, and it goes directly back to the mysterious land where Moderators chat. It will be visible by all Moderators and Admins. If you are serious, then more power to you, perhaps a complaint and a discussion are warranted.

As long as you chose to do it out here in this forum, it will continue to be a rant and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

A "complaint" has a button, and it goes directly back to the mysterious land where Moderators chat.

do you guys have coffee and donuts and junk?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Oh ya, Crakeur brings us donuts every morning!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Complaint Submitted, regarding abuse of the forums by Moderators and Freemasons.

Regards,

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

See. Now that is a complaint! Good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join