It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This whole Secret Societies Forum is nothing more than a Freemasons Recruitment Center.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well, title says it all really, not alot else to say.

Except I am shocked, and that deserves a rant

What ?, the Freemasons had a little meeting, in secret of course, and decided that far too many people (sheeple, yeah dont you just love that patronising term) were starting to think for themselves for a change, instead of just sitting in front of their TV's all night, sucking up the mainstream filtered bull# untill an alcohol induced coma forces lights out.

So you all jump on here for a little bit of Social Monitoring, and if we can convert a few "free thinkers" to the cause, hey all the better, two birds, one stone.

WTF ATS, are you for real with this ?, I mean seriously.

rant over.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Where do I sign up??

I have cash!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If you are interested, join. If you are not interested, don't join.
It is as simple as that. No-one is going to force you.
Freemasons do not recruit. You have to ask to join.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

Hmm, no one recruited me..
Am I not worthy?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You forgot to add how the NWO inner-circle of governing bodies is located in the Skunk Works, along with their reptilian overlords.

It's amazing how the world can be controlled from an internet forum.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

you are joking right?
The entire forum is full of mason-bashing threads.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

There is a forum for such rants in BTS.

Also you have only been here what a few months and you have already come to the conclusion this forum is a recruitment center. Please give me a break!

I have been on here two yrs and I don't see ANYTHING like you are saying. Also there is NOTHING wrong with Masons. NOTHING. I know many Masons and they are wonderful people.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
If you are interested, join. If you are not interested, don't join.
It is as simple as that. No-one is going to force you.
Freemasons do not recruit. You have to ask to join.

They do not recruit ?

Are you taking the piss ?

Join the Police Force here in the UK, and then see how fast you get an invite to a Mason Meeting.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dajjal
They do not recruit ?

In my jurisdiction (New Jersey) you are not allowed to recruit. A candidate must ask for a petition.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

I would be taking the piss if I said otherwise mate.
I spent 20 years in the British Military, met many Masons there. There was no recruiting going on.
I have been a Mason for many years now, I have NEVER seen any recruiting. Our Grand Lodge prohibits recruiting.

Freemasonry is just that, Free. In fact to become one you must affirm that you are there of your own free will.
No on forces you, ever.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

I am a Master Mason.
You are close to our objective, lemme tell you.
We seek to recruit free thinkers or just real thinkers at all, the only real exclusion is you must be Male, cept in France i've heard.
If you have a mind then yes, we want you.
We can better men by helping them where they have shortfalls and vise versa.
But is that not what brothers do?
We do understand right from wrong and would promote right and punish wrong.
If you have doubts go to you local Lodge and talk to some of the guys, if you are not willing then stay in the dark, uneducated and alone.
But either way best of luck to you and yours, and i truly mean that in the brotherly love way.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

In Kalifornia a few years back Grand Lodge allowed the idea of asking folks to join.
Maybe the UK has adopted the same stance.
Now if you had just became an officer and were asked to join or participate, then i would say they are recruiting from pretty good stock as police officers have already undergone a backgound check.
Criminal past is one area that is highly frowned on, especially in my Lodge where we have a pretty good sampling of Folsom prison guards, bad to mix them with parollees.
I do not claim that police are infallable but i do believe that 99.9% of police/sheriff/corrections get on with the attitude and idea of doing good for the community via public service.
now where it goes from there depends on the company they keep.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

Florida doesn't allow recruitment either.

There have been a number of threads in that forum where people had questions about how to join Freemasonry, and we answered.

There have been a number of threads where people attempted to corner us by asking questions and expecting not to get answers, but instead they got many Masons willing to answer their questions very directly and thoroughly, that had to be disappointing.

There have been a number of threads with outright looniness, where people accused Masons of everything imagineable, and a number of Masons showed up to dispute those claims.

Isn't that the idea of the whole forum?

I always offer to talk about Omega Psi Phi (Q-dogs) instead of Masonry. They have rituals, initiations, secret signs, rich history, and special things that their celebrity brothers do to identify themselves on television. (Throw up the hooks!) They even brand themselves, literally, hot iron and everything! I am not a Q, but I am a Mason, but if you are tired of the Mason threads, start a new thread with any other fraternity as the subject, and we will discuss that! I am all for it, let the spotlight shift around a little.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I would tend to think that rather than openly recruit, what is more likely is that Officer's are being told that they would make good Masons.
Now, I know some guys that would make good nightclub bouncers, but I would not recruit them.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dajjal

you are partially right. The forum wasn't designed for that but it does serve that purpose. In fact, it's partly how I joined. I came here for lots of reasons, one of them because I saw the masonry discussions and I was a little interested in finding out what they were. I now try to help people who come here asking the same questions I asked in hopes that they find the happiness I did by joining. I don't think it's against the T&C so I keep doing it. And I enjoy a good debate with a well informed detractor as well. I don't like the pompous arrogant ones, but whatever.
Let me know if you need a petition.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So where the hell are all these other gooses getting info about masons etc, being part of the bigger problem on the planet? I really don't have a clue what to think. I think its great the masons on ATS are open for discussion, but where are the other people getting there information from? Are they just paranoid kooks or what?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dajjal

What ?, the Freemasons had a little meeting, in secret of course, and decided that far too many people (sheeple, yeah dont you just love that patronising term) were starting to think for themselves for a change, instead of just sitting in front of their TV's all night, sucking up the mainstream filtered bull# untill an alcohol induced coma forces lights out.

So you all jump on here for a little bit of Social Monitoring, and if we can convert a few "free thinkers" to the cause, hey all the better, two birds, one stone.

WTF ATS, are you for real with this ?, I mean seriously.

rant over.

Uhh, NO. Freemasons do not "recruit". Every man who wants to be a Mason has to seek it out on his own. Get your facts straight.

Some jurisdictions may allow it, but most in the USA do not.
edit on 31-3-2011 by LightCraft because: afterthought

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
agreed.

Considering we are not a secret society, we should first have the square and compass symbol sitting next to the secret society forum link REMOVED.

Next, the moderators should be doing their job to move all these "how can I join?" or "why did you join?" mason topics out of here. LET ME MENTION THAT A FEW MODERATORS (not naming anyone) ACTUALLY POST IN THESE TOPICS AND THEY DON'T DO THEIR JOB!

Third, I think a solution to the problem will be to perhaps create a seperate forum on this subject.

Also I think people neglect to read the rules of this forum all the time, you need to somehow stick it in their face every time they post and if they ignore it they will be moderated...
edit on 31-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
funny how this thread gets moved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new guidelines for topics dealing with Freemasonry:

1) The Secret Societies forum is for collaborative discussion regarding conspiracies, scandals, secrets, and cover-ups that are both contemporary and historical. Any new thread not of that nature will be removed.

2) Threads examining attributes of Freemasonry and/or individual Masons that fit within #1 will not be derailed as we've seen in the past. Because of the actions of a select few, we are now forced to make judgement calls on what we feel is thread derailment. First offenses will get an off-topic warning, second offenses by members who have been observed derailing threads in the past will result in immediate account termination.

3) We encourage informed and productive responses from members who are Masons in topics critical of attributes of Freemasonry. However, such responses must be on point and very-specific, with details that aid collaborative discussion, to the opening post and/or general evolution of the thread. Personal attacks, topic-shifting, or even commentary on the nature of the posts from a member who is critical of Freemasonry will be considered fitting within #2 above.

4) No general threads about Freemasonry will be tolerated on ATS. Use the Members Forum of BTS if you wish to relate your personal positive experiences with Freemasonry in a new thread.

Let me direct your attention to

www.abovetopsecret.com... .

2 moderators that regularly are making comments in this? Really?

If the moderators want to do their #ing job, they would delete/lock/move the threads above. That is not even half of the junk I find. So much for keeping civility and decorum in these forums.
edit on 31-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

The first two lines of the OP

And the thread got moved to.............Rant?

I don't see the issue here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join