It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Alien Abduction Caught on Tape

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How is this even justifiable? I mean who deem it that aliens can take you from your bed through the house? If it was a portal at least you would see it but this is...this is just laughable because nothing is even there.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow. I watched it three or four times, then held the left click button and scrolled slowly back and forth time wise. I was amused for a while.

The Linux Geek in me (and my wife who works for an alarm security company) picked out all the flaws. Here's a few.

1) The .VVF format stands for ViVerify Fingerprint, and is a proprietary standard in the security industry, and prevents "tampering" from a CCTV to the DVR it's linked to. Speco Technologies, Everfocus, and Samsung all use that format on their CCTV and DVR products. Imagine how many people could fake video and present insurance claims with tampered video if there was a readily edited file format in use? Fraud galore. Normal people who buy these systems aren't supposed to edit them, JUST view them.

2) The video was horribly pixelated. The first thing my wife said when I started the video was, "geez, that's horrible for a CCTV camera. She then had to explain rate speed to me, the RPS (rate per second) setting that you set your camera to record at. Basically, security DVRs nowadays have a TB (terabyte) standard for storage. You set it to capture hi-res for a few weeks, or lo-res for up to six months, pending on your situation. If you think you've been abducted, you would set it very high, for the best detail. Theirs was set towards the lower end of the resolution scale. By the way, the company they bought their equipment/security system from CAN convert the video to any format they ask for, and they should have been told how to record clear video.

3) The video cannot be edited or used or blah blah "copyright" notice. DVRs have a USB port, and yes, it's easy to back them up to a flash drive, and PLAY them on a PC. Why don't they want to post the video on a file share site for closer scrutiny? Personally, if I was abducted, I'd post it and want everyone to scrutinize it. That kinda smells too. I have software to enhance and zoom and I'd love the opportunity to peruse that video frame by frame.

4) No follow-up to this video, this is a lone fragment. No secondary video to show the topographical layout of the room, filmed with standard equipment, to show here this happened, look under the bed, here's some comparative video for you. Personally, I'd do everything to provide such affirmation. The lack of such smells of hoax. Finally, PLEASE buy a tripod to mount your equipment! I am so tired of shaky bobbling video that I wanna scream. If you can afford a CCTV system, you can afford a twelve to twenty-five dollar tripod.

Enough said.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I would be more inclined to believe it was spontaneous translocation or teleportation than alien abduction.
That's just ridiculous...you think there's some sort of natural phenomena that randomly transports people in their sleep? Your logic is absurd...if it's not a hoax, there's a 90% chance this is an abduction due to the fact she describes seeing UFO's around the time of the abduction, and also that there aren't too many realistic explanations. Now, to me, "alien abduction" isn't unrealistic, because there's so much that suggests aliens are or have visited Earth, and it's not something like vampires, aliens are a completely realistic and viable explanation, we would be aliens our self if we travelled to another planet populated with intelligent life. It isn't a magical voodoo concept, unlike spontaneous translocation.

edit on 31-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyjohn
reply to post by Trueman

When she "disappears" it does look like something deflating.

But it could just as easily be a hole in the bed that someone is lowering themselves into.

The whole "video can't be converted" story is rubbish, it would be easy to copy it using a TV capture card.

How many semi-average people have a TV capture card? We can't get ahead of ourselves and have to acknowledge that many of the things needed to pull a hoax off may be beyond the capabilities of those you claim to be "hoaxers".

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Wow, where to begin.

Firstly, the assertion of an "alien abduction" is just absurd. There is absolutely nothing in that video to suggest anything of the sort.

Secondly, the minutes long diatribe at the start (why does every youtube poster think their videos need ' production value'?) stating claims that the video cannot be transcoded on a pc, as previously pointed out is just ridiculous. As well, the statement that somehow video recording a monitor increases "validity" is ludicrous to the extreme. As most modern lcd "tvs" have inputs for pc video and must modern video cards have tv compatible outputs, without being shown what is exactly connected to the tv we have only the poster's word as to where the video we are seeing is originating from.

Third, this whole episode can quite easily be duplicated and hoaxed. Hell, stage magicians have been doing it for decades when their assistants "disappear" through a trap door inside a box, which coincidentally seems more likely what happened here. I suspect there was some type of hydraulic lift that lowered the individual when they "disappeared" while their "sleeping" partner slid a board of some sort over the opening to prevent the blankets from falling through.
Certainly, seeing the way they "reappeared" could definitely been the "abductee" being lifted back up through the opening. By the looks of it faster than anticipated. Their "partner's" rolling on their side (thanks for the butt-shot *cannot be unseen!*) could have easily been to mask the sliding back if whatever was used to keep the blankets from falling in the opening.

But that's just me.
Either way, if I was to believe there was something paranormal here I would be more inclined to believe it was spontaneous translocation or teleportation than alien abduction. And mind you, I actually believe in alien abductions, but I'm just not seeing it in this.
Still, interesting video.

Prove it. IF you claim it can easily be hoaxed then create a video where you try to hoax it and then we can compare and contrast. Till then we just have a post by a person who claims that they could hoax it but refuses to offer proof to their statement.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by King_John

Me too! I saw it on TMZ and thought that someone would have to had posted it on here.

Anyway looks like a balloon being deflated no real indicators of a human body ever being there to begin with.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

I would be more inclined to believe it was spontaneous translocation or teleportation than alien abduction.
That's just ridiculous...you think there's some sort of natural phenomena that randomly transports people in their sleep? Your logic is absurd...if it's not a hoax, there's a 90% chance this is an abduction due to the fact she describes seeing UFO's around the time of the abduction, and also that there aren't too many realistic explanations. Now, to me, "alien abduction" isn't unrealistic, because there's so much that suggests aliens are or have visited Earth, and it's not something like vampires, aliens are a completely realistic and viable explanation, we would be aliens our self if we travelled to another planet populated with intelligent life. It isn't a magical voodoo concept, unlike spontaneous translocation.

edit on 31-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

Way to take me out of context there. You'll note the immediate line before what you quoted states "IF" there was something paranormal, not that there was. Read my full post you'll see I think the whole thing is bunk. And seriously, how is "Alien abduction" any more or less absurd than teleportation? What? Does the the third party involvement of "aliens" make it more credible?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Prove it. IF you claim it can easily be hoaxed then create a video where you try to hoax it and then we can compare and contrast. Till then we just have a post by a person who claims that they could hoax it but refuses to offer proof to their statement.

I stated how it could be hoaxed, that I believed it was hoaxed, not that it was hoaxed. I don't need to "prove" anything to validate my opinion. And why, of all the opinions about it being a hoax in this post have you singled out mine to "prove it"? Is it because I didn't say blow-up doll like the rest?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You'll note the immediate line before what you quoted states "IF" there was something paranormal, not that there was.
I know what you said, but you're statement about spontaneous transportation being more likely if this were real, is silly, I was simply pointing that out.

And seriously, how is "Alien abduction" any more or less absurd than teleportation?
Alien abduction isn't more absurd than teleportation, but "spontaneous teleportation" which magically brings them back to the same spot after a reasonable amount if time is considerably more absurd.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I did not say that spontaneous teleportation was more likely than alien abduction.
What I said was that I was more likely to believe that it was teleportation than that it was abduction.
Basically, because there is nothing there to suggest aliens were at all involved, not because I believe that either of these explanations apply to the video in any likely way.
I offered one absurd explanation for another, nothing more.
I don't believe either occurred here.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

---
I did not say that spontaneous teleportation was more likely than alien abduction.
Uh huh.

Basically, because there is nothing there to suggest aliens were at all involved, not because I believe that either of these explanations apply to the video in any likely way.
There is nothing in the video to suggest aliens, but some deductive reasoning and logical analysis of this video is quickly boils down to 2 possibilities. And they are: hoax, or alien abduction. To say she spontaneously teleported out of bed for no apparent reasons, and then returned over 10 minutes later, is just really illogical and ridiculous.

No, you artificially degraded the validity of one explanation by grouping it with completely absurd hypotheses.

edit on 1-4-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

---
Uh huh.
Uh huh. I'm failing to see your point here outside of trying for whatever reason to claim I didn't mean what I said.

There is nothing in the video to suggest aliens, but some deductive reasoning and logical analysis of this video is quickly boils down to 2 possibilities. And they are: hoax, or alien abduction. To say she spontaneously teleported out of bed for no apparent reasons, and then returned over 10 minutes later, is just really illogical and ridiculous.
Right. Deductive reasoning and logical analysis makes alien abduction a logical and reasonable likelihood. More so than any other outlandish explanation like teleportation, which for some reason you seem to think is some personal gospel of mine when it was meant to be just another example of how ludicrous claiming alien abduction was.

No, you artificially degraded the validity of one explanation by grouping it with completely absurd hypotheses.
Which was the point that apparently I failed to get across. They are both ridiculous explanations. Neither is logical or reasonable. But you are welcome to your opinion, even if you feel I shouldn't be welcome to mine.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
She was simply sleeping facedown on her knees then went into a prone position making her just as flat as her husband sleeping next to her in the supine position. Later on they both roll over to their left sides making both more visible again. Not faked, but also not paranormal. Additionally, the movement/pixilation stuff above her on the bed is normal for crappy IR cameras (we see it all the time in sleep labs), and I believe it relates to thermal variations in the room.

Working in a sleep lab, I am pretty used to judging body position looking at crappy IR security camera footage.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
disregard.

edit on 4/1/2011 by dethduck because: Irrelevant and unnecessary post. Just irritated.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this is video is just plain silly..I don't see any alien abduction or any aliens but thanks for the chuckle this video is just a poorly done hoax ~~peace sugarcookie1

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Step by step :

1.- A covered balloon or a plastic bag full of air.
2.- The "husband" releases the air in it.
3.- Same guy open a valve under his pillow to refill the balloon or bag.

I would advice the OP to change the title since it's 100% debunkable.

Except you missed one major point. She's in bed. DOH

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
She was simply sleeping facedown on her knees then went into a prone position making her just as flat as her husband sleeping next to her in the supine position. Later on they both roll over to their left sides making both more visible again. Not faked, but also not paranormal. Additionally, the movement/pixilation stuff above her on the bed is normal for crappy IR cameras (we see it all the time in sleep labs), and I believe it relates to thermal variations in the room.

Working in a sleep lab, I am pretty used to judging body position looking at crappy IR security camera footage.

Rolling over causes the blankets to roll with you

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthPhobos
What !! No little grey men seen fleeing from the scene, I gotta say, im very disapointed at not seeing these little bugers reach through the window to grab their prey. They obviously knew the camera was there, so they had to do the old, "Suck them through bed" routine whilst maintaining invisibilty mode.

God damn what a bummer

i liked the video where the aliens came in and walked around inside of the house while the people locked themselves in a room, then it shows the aliens directing the people outside thru the sliding glass door. Before that all happened they were arguing about what to do and where to go or hide. DO,DO,DO,DO You have entered into another time and dimension. THIS IS, the twilight zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join