It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation levels in water off Fukushima Hit all TIME HIGHS! 4385 Times NORMAL LIMIT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Get ready folks its looking ever more likely that the Fukushima Daiichi plant has or is going through a complete meltdown if i can get some ATS'ers to expound on this but doesn't the radiation get diluted alot when in the water/ocean? and its been detected as almost 4385 Times the normal limit. This is very bad news for any marine life in the water and possibly entails that the plant may be going through a meltdown!.

CNN NEWS LINK
edit on 31-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

Head for the Hills FOLKS!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

S&F I think a quote from the news report tells us everything we need to know

"That's the one I am worried about," said Michael Friedlander, a U.S.-based nuclear engineer, explaining cesium might linger much longer in the ecosystem. "Plankton absorbs the cesium, the fish eat the plankton, the bigger fish eat smaller fish -- so every step you go up the food chain, the concentration of cesium gets higher."
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That is very bad news
not only will the marine life be harmed. Humans will be consuming this when we eat the marine life it stays in their bodies! Cesiums Half life is 30 years isn't it>?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
With each passing day it is getting harder and harder to shut this radioactive barn door ..
seems this horse of the nuclear apocalypse has well and truly bolted.

wars may come and go but Plutonium is forever

meanwhile back to the Libyan war news

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It's been 10 years since I took wastewater purification in college, so I don't recall if this is only applicable to some elements, but I distinctly recall that (at least some) radioactive isotopes evaporate with water. These isotopes are often used as a fingerprint of where the polluted water source is that is causing polluted rainfall somewhere up the jet stream. The ocean is the primary source of evaporation which forms rain... If the really bad isotopes (worse than iodine, certainly) are present in large concentrations in the waters around Japan, then as the weather warms and the Northern hemisphere enters summer, I'd think this could lead to some very nasty rainfall across the globe. If the radiation had stayed confined to the land, then they would have a plethora of options at their disposal to restrict it from migrating. In the ocean? I don't think there's much hope of doing anything in regards to clean up.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Tepco has not been telling the Truth. I would not be surprised if a larger concentration of radiation is found even farther from the plant in the sea water. We are being lied to i can assure you that. TEPCO has already lost their credibility with many of us

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So what of Dr Masaru Emoto's 'water prayers'.... ATS Thread

I verymuch believe in such a response to the Nuclear situation, but wow, did we do it wrong? Not even 12 hours after my time zone had its prayer time and THIS happens??

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
And the TEPCO spokesperson on tv just said radiation levels of 4385 times normal in the ocean was 'a little bit high'.

Anyone else angry about this statement?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Thats deplorable actually; i can't believe we are having being blinded by this facade. They are trying to tell everyone that this is normal and there is no immediate threat that is the key word they repeat. But yet even the U.S has made their recommended evacuation zone much larger that the Japanese one.

I hope these brave heroes at the Tepco plant in Fukushima Daichii can help fix this nuclear disaster because its becoming ever more increasingly like chernobyl and it could be worse in-fact.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And so it deems to be true they are admitting a breach in the CONTAINMENT VESSELS

This is GRAVE news indeed!

I feel very worried for any of you in Japan Right now. Our hearts and minds are with you!

new topics

top topics

join