It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China ranks first in low carbon energy technology investment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Okay, who's in charge here? The U.S. I mean. Why is CHINA ranking first in low carbon energy technology investment? Why hasn't our energy sector and Energy Department but their money where their mouths are? Sure, the oil companies have a form of monopoly, but I would rather they have that in a safer and less polluting tech than not at all! Why are we poisoning our environment and delaying shifting to new tech? Geez, even the White House had solar before Reagan was in office!!!!!!!! WE NEED SAFER ENERGY SYSTEMS! We invented so many of the systems or improved them but we are soooooo lagging in usage. Why aren't we leading the pack and setting the example? A lot of solar in the deserts of the West. A lot of energy along our coastlines. NIMB? Grow up. Too much mercury in the fish? It comes from Coal Power. Too much crap in the water? Fracking. FIsh dying off? Oil spiills maybe? Glowing in the dark? Well..... ask Japan about that.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Republicans whined about 'cap and tax' legislation. Subsidize oil and coal companies to keep prices low. Oh, didn't you hear, we have a massive debt. We certainly can't go about funding new research...that costs too much. We're better off economically just keeping things as they are.

Don't like it? Be more active in local politics.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Okay, who's in charge here?

China's in charge here, as they own most of our debt.

Which might explain why we're behind the curve on new energy?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
We also need to know that 1 billion $ in China is worth far far more than 1 billion in US or Europe.If we would consider the purchasing power instead of absolute value, the investment of China in green energy would exceed Europe and US put together. However, we should be happy about it, we do not want a country like China with huge population and growing economy to run on coils, do we?
edit on 31-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Not necessary. China holds 1 trillion of the US debt, yet the total US debt is 14 trillion as far as I remember. Also I believe that investing in green energy is a log term strategy - not suitable for quick immediat profit life-style elites hoping to sell the last drop of oil they control..

Solution? Do not expect governments to do something! Learn how green energy works then make your micro-investments, enough for your personal energy use - you can get DIY solar kits that are truly cheap, you could get micro wind turbines with under 700 $ (1.5 KW) , why would we wait for governments to do something?

new topics

top topics

join