It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fruit Seller who started a revolution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I thought you should hear about the simple fruit seller, who ignited the revolts across the middle eastern basin, he is not alive today to see how his simple protest of setting himself alight after being deprived of his tools for income, whipped an entire region into a frenzied revolt. Think you have got it bad my dearest Basement Dwellers? Not flinging enough tea bags, carrying enough guns......

How was the cop who confiscated the fruit vendors Wheel barrow and scales after most likely not receiving a bribe, to know his actions would ignite a cry for freedom that carries through to today within so many countries. Did he know that this fruit sellers protest would give people the strength to demand their voice be heard? A true martyr...want to meet one? Al Bouazizi was a poor 26-year old Tunisian, may deserve such a title.

Unable to earn a living, nor provide for his family members, AL Bouazizi knocked on the door of his local government building, stepped back into the street, doused and torched himself. After remaining in hospital for a little over two weeks, he died. At one point, the farce was exacerbated by a visit to him in hospital by President Zine El-Abidine Ben Ali.....He did not care for this man, he cared for the symbol of what he stood for.

Rioting followed not only in his hometown, but across the country. And then across the region as young or unemployed citizens sick of authoritarian rule took to the streets with their voices, their iphones and their resolve.

He never saw what his protest achieved. This unremarkable graduate who could not find work so started his own street selling, from a unremarkable spot on the map, snapped a nation into a frenzy and brought down a dictator.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4a53ee91a10.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 31-3-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
All it takes is one....

one link in a chain to break it, .... or mend it.

one mutation to spur the evolution of a new species...

...... one person to change the world.

We should never forget how much power we truly possess.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing us this story, sad that he lost his life, people have no idea how powerful they are, have we given up as a society, I think so. We have it pounded into our heads everyday that what we do doesn't matter and it won't accomplish anything so why bother. There was a time when most major important changes in our country started with the grass root. What happened? Why are we so afraid? We have given out power to the elected.

How is that working for you?

S&F

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
OMG I'm sorry to say this , but what an idiot.

I don't unstand people that cause harm like this including to themselves.
Lets just hope this regime shift leads to a better life, at least then it was worth it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If this were to ever happen in the U.S. no one would care. For what I see is that mostly everyone in this country simply do not care ... or perhaps are too afraid,

Even though the anonymous hacker organization is doing something, I doubt it is enough.

Still though, its quite amazing how one man started it all.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Two words: Joe Stack.
Remember him? He flew his private prop plane into an FBI building in Austin, Texas last year. Messing up alot, but not enough.

I had to google "man who crashed plane into irs building" because I forgot who did what/when. Can you imagine how the sheep of this country are tooting along worrying about their trivial reality (mainstream media hype, etc..) but me, an informed, aware individual ALMOST FORGOT about this man's actions!

I'm telling you right now, amerika will not revolt, we will die by the hands of "the elite" or HOPEFULLY, Nibiru.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vmaxx55

That's not a true martyr.

A true martyr, like the man in the OP is one who does not harm others to get their point across.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It's a nice story,
But I can't help but wondering if the story of this mans actions will remain the same over time, or will his actions become glorified until, in a couple of years the truth in the story will be altered so many times until he has reached the 'martyr' or Saviour status.... or will he be forgotten.

The events that happened to this man, I can imagine it brings lots of frustration, in his case they have driven him to despair, which triggered his actions. It was a suicide that didn't go unnoticed. But did he intended it to be this way? Or did he want to go out while leaving a sense of guilt with the ones who ruined his life?

That said, I hope he won't become an example for many, this is not the way to go, in my opinion. This planet already has to many suicide bombers, terrorists.... let's not use suicide to bring about revolutions aswell.

edit on 4/4/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join